Charts Discussion Thread - Born This Way Serving Numbers

little legend

ARTPOPster 1,462
On 10/1/2022 at 6:17 PM, zoldyck said:

You guys are overthinking, casual people don't care who is working with whom for success. That's why nobody calls Beyonce desperate for hoping on remixes.

It is a stan culture thing, and let's be honest they even called Gaga desperate for working with Tony. 

BTS Collab would go good for her in Asian and Gen Z market. It will also be good for BTS in European countries. It is win-win situation for parties

and BTS will get their first and maybe only grammy and I believe their fans will be forever grateful for GODGA

A Popster Is Born 12,830
On 10/1/2022 at 12:00 PM, nydedan said:

and BTS will get their first and maybe only grammy and I believe their fans will be forever grateful for GODGA

this was my first thought when I heard, it’s probably everything to do with them wanting to secure a Grammy. Gaga has become a side category grammy monster, but what Gaga is going to gain through it post 2022 Idk. It’d peak top 10 everywhere then free fall, especially as they changed the rules on H100. Let’s hope it’s a huge smash and Asia Stan hard 

A Popster Is Born 12,830
On 10/1/2022 at 11:47 AM, ViviLittleM said:

Hold My Hand will do so great at the Grammys and Oscars.

All the awards are US based and it only did 10 weeks there made 0 noise on streaming. I think she should do a couple performances in fall in the USA to remind them of it and the label/studio pay someone to cover it so they remember it exists, like campaigning 

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,391
On 10/1/2022 at 1:20 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

All the awards are US based and it only did 10 weeks there made 0 noise on streaming. I think she should do a couple performances in fall in the USA to remind them of it and the label/studio pay someone to cover it so they remember it exists, like campaigning 

Plenty of songs who made no noise on the hot100 have won. Last year Bo Burnham won with a song that has 88M on Spotify, 28M on YouTube and didn't even chart on the hot100.

The release of TCB recording will be most likely happen during the campaign strategically I guess.

EDIT: well last year all nominees were flops :icant: but he did win against a pink song that did chart on the hot100

Edited by Andreu
  • paws up 2

On 10/1/2022 at 1:20 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Hmm that would make sense if the competition was with massive songs (The only 2 other songs bigger than hmh, IAW and Vegas aint even eligible so we are safe in that aspect) when all the songs in competition are flops that couldn’t even chart for 1 week. HMH is a massive smash compared to them. Also don’t forget statistically speaking, 90% of Oscar winning songs in history were massive flops nobody has heard of, never charted or have mediocre sales/streams.

This year, only Black Panther song will be a major threat commercially speaking cause it will be part of a 1B movie and released during award season which will make it fresher in voters minds.

A performance from Godga is not realistic cause she is officially on Joker era mode working for it and that will continue for at least the next 6 months.
The biggest chance for promo would be a performance at the Grammys, but the possibility is veryyy slim depending if she gets nominated and she is in the mindset to do it…

Cuca GIF by TV Globo

A Popster Is Born 12,830
On 10/1/2022 at 12:33 PM, totallyNOTentela said:

A performance from Godga is not realistic

Well we know this much is true :nickiha: Hand would benefit so much if it was performed in fall/winter as the film goes to blu Ray too. Also ballad performances do amazing on YT, where Hand is already a hit. I hope she performs at Grammys and Oscar’s to give new life into HMH , especially if it gets an Oscar nom it’d help it loads in the USA (charting again is out the picture lol)

Popster to Popster 4,833

As I said before, I don't believe that BTS collab rumour but "even" if it is (just to say) I don't think it would be "desperate" but more like Gaga doing something fun and experiment with her sound. Some people said the same when she did the collab with Blackpink and in the end, it wasn't even released as a single (and not only that but we have no video aswell). If Gaga was one of those artists that was really looking after #1's and stuff like this then yeah you can say that she will be desperate but that's really not the case with her, she just does her own thing.

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,625

Last night, my wife boasted to the entire table team I'm a top 0.01% of Gaga after we got the trivia question right

Spoiler

She was wrong it was top 0.001%

I streamed HMH x2, Shallow, C1->FW and 1000 D, and the skies cleared. It's going to be a good day

dean winchester GIF

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 2

Popster for Sale 41,933

Hold My Hand

• AC: 0.192M (-0.027M) AI, 107 (-7) spins

I Ain't Worried

• Pop: 34.429M (+0.241M) AI, 11565 (-43) spins
  • HAC: 18.392M (+0.046M) AI, 4700 (+57) spins
  • AC: 0.171M (-0.006M) AI, 100 (+2) spins

Popster for Sale 41,933
  • [Spotify FR] Hold My Hand: 72,166 streams, up 22.1% from 7 days ago.
  • [Spotify SE] Hold My Hand: 28,451 streams, up 1.0% from 7 days ago.

:horse_race:

• paws up 6
  • shook 1
  • yaas, gaga 3
  • love 1

Popster for Sale 41,933
  • [Spotify US] I Ain't Worried: 747,696 streams, down 4.0% from 7 days ago.
  • [Spotify US] CUFF IT: 565,330 streams, down 1.0% from 7 days ago.
  • [Spotify US] Super Freaky Girl: 894,407 streams, down 8.7% from 7 days ago.
  • [Spotify US] Hold Me Closer: 347,091 streams, down 11.2% from 7 days ago.
  • [Spotify GB] Hold Me Closer: 154,045 streams, down 6.2% from 7 days ago.
Edited by BenG
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

Popster This Way 979
On 10/1/2022 at 8:48 AM, LGMonster95 said:

As I said before, I don't believe that BTS collab rumour but "even" if it is (just to say) I don't think it would be "desperate" but more like Gaga doing something fun and experiment with her sound. Some people said the same when she did the collab with Blackpink and in the end, it wasn't even released as a single (and not only that but we have no video aswell). If Gaga was one of those artists that was really looking after #1's and stuff like this then yeah you can say that she will be desperate but that's really not the case with her, she just does her own thing.

Yeah, same. That is something she said early in the Chromatica days too, that now she's willing to work with more people and started to listen to her pride way less or something along the lines which is why she also worked with Max Martin, something she refused to do before, because well, he was and is known to only make hits for most mainstream artists in today's pop landscape.