Charts Discussion Thread - Born This Way Serving Numbers

little legend

Pop-a-911-ster 27,227
On 9/14/2022 at 3:13 PM, BenG said:

When Julie Andrews won the Golden Globe over Audrey Hepburn for Mary Poppins :icant:

ICONIC

she also won the Oscar for MP

Pop-a-911-ster 27,227
On 9/14/2022 at 3:18 PM, BenG said:

Epic burn :icant:

Julie Andrew for years had been playing Eliza Doolittle for the Broadway version of “My Fair Lady”.

So when Jack Warner went to make it into a movie, she was hoping to get the role.

However, she got turned down and Audrey Hepburn was chosen for the role instead, and that denial allowed Andrews to be cast as Mary Poppins.

Then her and Audrey Hepburn were both up for the Golden Globe nominee and Julie Andrews won over Hepburn. And thus concludes the story of sweet revenge.

:dead:

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 41,933

So the backstory is that Julie Andrews was passed over by Jack L. Warner for the film adaptation of My Fair Lady because he thought she didn't have enough star power back then. Disney approached her for the role of Mary Poppins and she won both the Golden Globe and Oscar.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1
  • lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 41,933
On 9/14/2022 at 7:21 PM, emig_09 said:

Julie Andrew for years had been playing Eliza Doolittle for the Broadway version of “My Fair Lady”.

So when Jack Warner went to make it into a movie, she was hoping to get the role.

However, she got turned down and Audrey Hepburn was chosen for the role instead, and that denial allowed Andrews to be cast as Mary Poppins.

Then her and Audrey Hepburn were both up for the Golden Globe nominee and Julie Andrews won over Hepburn. And thus concludes the story of sweet revenge.

:dead:

And Hepburn's performance was critically panned. Questionable accent and her singing was dubbed :icant:

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,488

She was great last night in Houston. I am exhausted and felt like an 80-year-old man walking out, but it was worth it. Just as dynamic as when I saw the show in Dallas. She's at her best just banging away on the keyboard of her piano. I want to see her jazz show in Vegas so bad now. 

Edited by ConnorFilm
  • paws up 3
  • love 6

A Popster Is Born 10,061
On 9/14/2022 at 2:54 PM, Dean Sextupler said:

Alice is about to cross 70m on Spotify. It would be nice if Alice and FW both reach 100m streams

At the current rate, J:FAD will probably be released before that happens :katy: