Charts Discussion Thread - Born This Way Serving Numbers

little legend

Popster for Sale 44,889
On 8/29/2022 at 5:13 PM, corvus albus said:

German "Erinnerungskultur" is the exception, not the rule though.

A bit more information:

Hide contents

In Germany, there is a so-called "Erinnerungskultur" or "remembrance culture" around WW II. The point being to remember the bad things about that era and how it started. That's why "never again" or "Nie wieder" is the most important headline for this remembrance culture.

On 8/29/2022 at 5:15 PM, DonnieDarko said:

I was always interested in this and I mean no disrespect. Probably shouldn’t even ask that in here. I apologize.

So apparently I was in the wrong about this. Colour me shocked. 

Moderator 17,129
On 8/29/2022 at 5:15 PM, DonnieDarko said:

I was always interested in this and I mean no disrespect. Probably shouldn’t even ask that in here. I apologize.

Don't worry. I can't study history and be a German without being able to explain these things :gaga-thanks:

• paws up 1

Moderator 17,129
On 8/29/2022 at 5:25 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

So apparently I was in the wrong about this. Colour me shocked. 

"German "Erinnerungskultur" is the exception, not the rule though. " With this I meant that I don't know a single other country that treats at least one part of their history this seriously. You can't ask a Japanese about this stuff :icant:

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 8/29/2022 at 5:29 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

Hold My Million Ressurections coming? PhD thesis material me thinks :giveup:

time to relaunch it, release the film version without the goat sound, send it to radios again, add it to TTH and Gaga perform it on Jimmy Fallon

• yaas, gaga 2
  • love 1

Popster for Sale 44,889
On 8/29/2022 at 5:28 PM, corvus albus said:

"German "Erinnerungskultur" is the exception, not the rule though. " With this I meant that I don't know a single other country that treats at least one part of their history this seriously. You can't ask a Japanese about this stuff :icant:

Oh right. In Portugal our colonial past is still glorified, for instance. 

• shook 1

Popster for Sale 44,889
On 8/29/2022 at 5:30 PM, corvus albus said:

Remembering WW II and critically analyzing Nazi ideology is seen as vital part of our society and history in general.

That's what I thought then.

• paws up 2

Moderator 17,129
On 8/29/2022 at 5:32 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

That's what I thought then.

Problem is that Germany has more problematic history than just 1933-1945. Germany also has a colonial past which is rarely talked about in Germany, Several nations like Brandenburg were part of the Atlantic slave trade, though in this case unsuccessful, companies like the Welser Family colonized parts of Venezuela and let's not forget the treatment of minorities in Germany like the Poles, Sorbs and Danish. Personally, I would want to expand the scope o our current "Erinnerungskultur" but I guess that will only happen in my classes :ninja:

• paws up 3

Moderator 17,129
On 8/29/2022 at 5:50 PM, GODGA said:

Is it true that Break my Soul never debuted on callouts/we never got its vallout scores? 💀

Callouts are behind a paywall now. We will never know callouts ever again.

Popster for Sale 44,889
On 8/29/2022 at 5:52 PM, corvus albus said:

Callouts are behind a paywall now. We will never know callouts ever again.

A blessing! Now we can just blame lack of payola :applause:

• lol 2
  • yaas, gaga 1