Charts Discussion Thread - Born This Way Serving Numbers

little legend

A Popster Is Born 13,450
On 8/27/2022 at 4:49 PM, Fame Romance said:

Welp Brinty is definitively gonna chart in the US with that Spotify and AM debut

+ I can see her team and Elton's going all in for radio payola 

Nicki, Beyoncé, Britney getting hits/doing well with singles in 2022

We really have no excuse 

Dead GIF - Pinocchio Dead Dying - Discover & Share GIFs

But Gaga only released a soundtrack song in 2022 and we all know how those perform for other pop girls.

A Popster Is Born 18,466
On 8/27/2022 at 1:33 PM, ViviLittleM said:

Dance song compared to a ballad :icant: you can't compare a big comeback and soundtrack singles that 90% of the time flops :rip:

I can. The so called comeback did not get TTH and did get a medium sized, if not little, push. HMH got a movie hype and Gaga’s most recent smashes amongst the gp, were jjst that, soundtrack songs. 

Also, we have people here claiming the ac/hac sound is what people want, not dance songs, and now you’re claiming dance music is what people want etc. Like, HMH flopped bad in the US. Nothing wrong with that. 

A Popster Is Born 13,450
On 8/27/2022 at 5:01 PM, DonnieDarko said:

It is comparable. HMH is a Lady Gaga soundtrack song coming from a huge movie. So yeah.

We all know that only like 5% of the soundtrack songs actually end up becoming hits. Avatar is the highest earning movie of all time but do you wanna know how it’s theme song performed?

Pop-a-911-ster 29,884
On 8/27/2022 at 1:42 PM, DonnieDarko said:

I can. The so called comeback did not get TTH and did get a medium sized, if not little, push. HMH got a movie hype and Gaga’s most recent smashes amongst the gp, were jjst that, soundtrack songs. 

Also, we have people here claiming the ac/hac sound is what people want, not dance songs, and now you’re claiming dance music is what people want etc. Like, HMH flopped bad in the US. Nothing wrong with that. 

we get it you hated HMH no need to trash it and its success every now and then

• thanks 9

A Popster Is Born 16,337
On 8/27/2022 at 1:43 PM, Adarsh said:

We all know that only like 5% of the soundtrack songs actually end up becoming hits. Avatar is the highest earning movie of all time but do you wanna know how it’s theme song performed?

I mean beyonce is perfect example. Spirit basicially had HMH treatment and it performed worse, yet her comeback single smashed

A Popster Is Born 18,466
On 8/27/2022 at 1:43 PM, Adarsh said:

Tell that to Lady Gaga’s soundtrack songs, babe. Like a prominent member here said, „we have no excuses”. But this is only the US. We’re good everywhere else. And Brit’s song won’t take off imo. It’s just first day streams.

A Popster Is Born 18,466
On 8/27/2022 at 1:45 PM, ViviLittleM said:

we get it you hated HMH no need to trash it and its success every now and then

I’m sharing my opinion, just like everyone else on various songs and things. 

On 8/27/2022 at 1:46 PM, Replay said:

I mean beyonce is perfect example. Spirit basicially had HMH treatment and it performed worse, yet her comeback single smashed

Spirit is a trash song plus Bey did not really have any prior soundtrack songs that would smash like Shallow did. 

Edited by DonnieDarko

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 8/27/2022 at 1:46 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Tell that to Lady Gaga’s soundtrack songs, babe. Like a prominent member here said, „we have no excuses”. But this is only the US. We’re good everywhere else. And Brit’s song won’t take off imo. It’s just first day streams.

It’s rising on AM US on day 2

A Popster Is Born 13,450
On 8/27/2022 at 5:16 PM, Replay said:

And The Lion King made more money than Top Gun Maverick. So the “huge movie” statements don’t make any sense imo.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,337
On 8/27/2022 at 1:48 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Spirit is a trash song plus Bey did not really have any prior soundtrack songs that would smash like Shallow did. 

So because shallow smashed every gaga soundtrack is supposed to smash? Not to mention if Shallow was end credits song it would probably do even worse than HMH

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 8/27/2022 at 1:49 PM, Adarsh said:

And The Lion King made more money than Top Gun Maverick. So the “huge movie” statements don’t make any sense imo.

Exactly! Like yes some Liddos were cocky about HMH being bigger than Shallow but in reality HMH performed slightly better than any average OST

• paws up 1
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 13,450
On 8/27/2022 at 5:18 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Bey did not really have any prior soundtrack songs that would smash like Shallow did. 

She does though. “Independent woman” is one of her biggest hits. It was #1 for 9 weeks :icant:

Pop-a-911-ster 29,884
On 8/27/2022 at 1:50 PM, Replay said:

So because shallow smashed every gaga soundtrack is supposed to smash? Not to mention if Shallow was end credits song it would probably do even worse than HMH

Basically HMH should have been compared to Is That Alright :icant:

Speaking of Is That Alright, it should have been sent to French radio after INLA imo. I blame Stupid Love coming out too soon.

On 8/27/2022 at 1:51 PM, Adarsh said:

She does though. “Independent woman” is one of her biggest hits. It was #1 for 9 weeks :icant:

And “Listen” too, which didn’t smash in the US but it was quite big in Europe

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 18,466
On 8/27/2022 at 1:50 PM, Replay said:

No, Shallow smashed so we could expect HMH doing better numbers. They didn’t come.