Charts Discussion Thread - Born This Way Serving Numbers

little legend

Pop-a-911-ster 31,899
On 8/25/2022 at 6:10 PM, Lazz Monster said:

Yeah, I'm all for Joanne and ASIB supremacy, but Artpop is still Gaga's album and it's definitely not atrocious

You need to be more humble @HuMiaouble:gaga-thanks:

Yeah but the quality of this album/era is for me at the very low level of her artistic talents :dead:

• lol 1

Moderator 17,129
On 8/25/2022 at 6:31 PM, HuMiaouble said:

Yeah but the quality of this album/era is for me at the very low level of her artistic talents :dead:

Your mindset is old-fashioned. Like Gaga said: "I fell apart after I released this album. Thank you for celebrating something that once felt like destruction. We always believed it was ahead of its time. Years later turns out, sometimes, artists know. And so do little monsters. Paws up"

Spoiler

• paws up 1
  • love 2

A Popster Is Born 18,458
On 8/25/2022 at 6:38 PM, corvus albus said:

Your mindset is old-fashioned. Like Gaga said: "I fell apart after I released this album. Thank you for celebrating something that once felt like destruction. We always believed it was ahead of its time. Years later turns out, sometimes, artists know. And so do little monsters. Paws up"

Hide contents

This plus Pitchforks latest review of ARTPOP really gives us a whole new fresh look at this album and while I believe she should never go back to this era and try to release and kind of act II, I still think it deserves to be freed from the constant shaming.

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

Moderator 17,129
On 8/25/2022 at 7:24 PM, Adarsh said:

A lot of critics regard ARTPOP as a great album now. Even Pitchfork, which is the snobbiest. That means that it aged like wine :applause:

On 8/25/2022 at 7:26 PM, DonnieDarko said:

This plus Pitchforks latest review of ARTPOP really gives us a whole new fresh look at this album and while I believe she should never go back to this era and try to release and kind of act II, I still think it deserves to be freed from the constant shaming.

Joanne got a 6.9 on Pitchfork, ARTPOP a 7.3 for a reason :oscar:

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 2

Pop-a-911-ster 31,899
On 8/25/2022 at 6:38 PM, corvus albus said:

Reveal hidden contents

For now for me it is still a bad album for Gaga and it doesn’t reflect the capacity of Gaga at all

anygay

Pop-a-911-ster 39,499
On 8/25/2022 at 10:47 AM, ViviLittleM said:

We are happy to confirm that Lady Gaga’s Chromatica Ball now holds the record for the highest single show attendance at Fenway with over 37,200 attending last Friday’s concert,” Bridget Gillis, regional marketing manager of Live Nation New England, tells Vanyaland.

Gaga’s number bests past records set by fellow major league stars like Paul McCartney and Jason Aldean; she also soars above other single-day headliners from the past two decades, such as The Rolling Stones, Foo Fighters, Billy Joel, Tom Petty, The Who, Guns N’ Roses, and Boston’s own Aerosmith.

YES MY SHOW SETTING ATTENDANCE RECORDS :giveup:

• love 1

The Fame Popster 333

This fanbase has such a short attention span. Like, does anyone else realize she’s done the “I was in a dark place but am better now” narrative to describe literally every era after TF/M? The start of ARTPOP was filled with both Gaga and LMs talking constantly about how bad a place she was in during BTW, and how she was better… she’s said she wrote Joanne for her dad and it didn’t have the desired impact…. She had to be “forced” to be a pop star / record music for Chromatica…

I’m not criticizing / I know these details aren’t 100%, but the point remains ARTPOP is not unique in having Gaga attach negative emotions to it retrospectively. Unlike the others, though, some fans insist asking her to revisit it via additional content, songs on tour, etc. is harmful or whatever, which I don’t get.

She sabotaged DWUW by splitting promo between it and Venus, but I love Venus’ mini era considering the album died by the start of 2014. It would’ve done well- or at least been an aid to the album. It was more in line with what the Gaga brand stood for at the time and had more of a connection to the ambiguous ARTPOP concept.

Edited by JustJames

Popster to Popster 4,488

Y'all, going to the Dallas show this week has made me even more excited to see her again in Houston next month. I can't wait to witness her live again. I'll cry if she performs Grigio Girls for Sonja or something. 

• paws up 4
  • hugs 1
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,264
On 8/25/2022 at 2:53 PM, chartgaga said:

Fenway Park should def be $5M+
MetLife will be insane I think seeing Weeknd numbers

Can she break some record with MetLife? :excited:

Popster to Popster 3,903

Pop Royalty is trending  

SGut5by.jpeg

MJ and his son Breezy (Usher & Bruno being his other sons), Madge and her daughters Britney & Gaga and Janet and her daughter Aaliyah (Beyonce, Ciara & Tinashe being her other daughters)

Edited by Mario Spears
  • thanks 1
  • love 1