Charts Discussion Thread - Born This Way Serving Numbers

little legend

Popster for Sale 41,933
On 8/21/2022 at 9:45 PM, chartgaga said:

Born This Way Ball had a lot of songs but she also shortened a lot, from memory:

Highway Unicorn had 1 verse, 1 chorus and the bridge / Judas didn't get its secnd verse / Fashion of His Love was shortened to 1 verse / 1 chorus and part of the bridge before transitioning to Just Dance which was also shortened / LoveGame was shortened too / Bad Kids didn't get its final chorus nor its added lyrics from the booklet / Americano and Poker Face were kinda shortened too

while for artRAVE she at first skipped Dope from the album, then scrapped Fashion! and Cake Like Lady Gaga while adding You & I / The Edge of Glory / Judas / Bang Bang while I remember Mary Jane Holland at one point disappeared from the setlist

Joanne World Tour didn't really suffer any of those, she remained faithful to the setlist and outfits despite the occasional MR switchup for the Versace outfit while in Europe

Yes JWT was well-planned too.

CBT was designed to be safe. No moving parts, easy to build stage, little speeches, not overdoing the number of songs. It was planned such that as much uncertainty is removed as possible from the get-go.

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 8/21/2022 at 10:52 PM, BenG said:

Yes JWT was well-planned too.

CBT was designed to be safe. No moving parts, easy to build stage, little speeches, not overdoing the number of songs. It was planned such that as much uncertainty is removed as possible from the get-go.

I mean she switched on Enigma / Alejandro on show day

decided to add two songs from Chroma after the first day

but overall she's pretty much serving real professionalism for this tour, no messiness, no cut of songs really last minute or switch of costumes

I remember when Monsters were pretty sure she'd switch outfits every dates for new costumes

Popster for Sale 41,933
On 8/21/2022 at 9:57 PM, chartgaga said:

I mean she switched on Enigma / Alejandro on show day

decided to add two songs from Chroma after the first day

but overall she's pretty much serving real professionalism for this tour, no messiness, no cut of songs really last minute or switch of costumes

I remember when Monsters were pretty sure she'd switch outfits every dates for new costumes

I didn’t expect too many alternate costumes for so few days. The set list changes are very small anyway. Mostly just adjustments for timing.

Popster for Sale 41,933

Also, I can’t be the only one that thinks HMH has had rather poor vocals so far? The opening verse is especially bad :rip:

Kinda reminds me of Shallow@Grammys. Too much focus on moving around and letting vocals suffer.

A Popster Is Born 11,590

As cool as finishing she show with HMH is,  I think she should've sung it during the piano section while her voice is still not that tired.  Closing the show with ROM would be completely fine,  or as someone suggested,  adding SFA to the setlist and closing with it.  

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 41,933
On 8/21/2022 at 10:09 PM, PanPikus said:

As cool as finishing she show with HMH is,  I think she should've sung it during the piano section while her voice is still not that tired.  Closing the show with ROM would be completely fine,  or as someone suggested,  adding SFA to the setlist and closing with it.  

HMH as closer was a bad decision imo

Pop-a-911-ster 30,391
On 8/21/2022 at 11:09 PM, PanPikus said:

I agree with everything but j dont think SFA would necessarily be an easier song from a vocal pov

Popster for Sale 41,933
On 8/21/2022 at 10:12 PM, Andreu said:

I agree with everything but j dont think SFA would necessarily be an easier song from a vocal pov

Yeah it’s also a difficult song. The end of the chorus is hard.

Pop-a-911-ster 29,022
x3
On 8/21/2022 at 10:34 PM, GODGA said:

I can exclusively reveal that once she finishes filming Joker 2 in spring 2023, she is going back in studio to work on new material which will be released to coincide with the new rebranded pop show in Vegas.

Planet_Chromatica can exclusively confirm this

• lol 2

Popster for Sale 41,933
On 8/21/2022 at 10:21 PM, chartgaga said:

It makes sense imo

way better sentiment than ending on the two fast tracks Stupid Love - Rain On Me

Sonically, maybe, but it is a very difficult song to pull off after 2 hours. 

Popster for Sale 41,933
On 8/21/2022 at 10:22 PM, chartgaga said:

Vocally; she sounds fine when you see her live tbh

she does skip a few notes and dodges others but that’s usually what she does anyway

She’s extremely pitchy on the verses. Chorus is okay but the high notes are rushed and never properly hit because it’s just physically impossible with such tired vocal cords.