Charts Discussion Thread - Born This Way Serving Numbers

little legend

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 7/31/2022 at 11:41 PM, Queen Yonse said:

Gaga corrupted radio stations aka the only reason Hold My Hand and Stupid Love managed to rack up those weeks on the Hot 100. Also, let's not forget that Applause (her last solo multi-week top 10) was also heavily radio airplay driven :flutter: Those checks came through, I guess?

On topic, Break My Soul a MASSIVE SOLO hit!

BMS was out of Spotify top50 before Album release.. a heavily Radio carried :icant:

• paws up 1
  • lol 5

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 7/31/2022 at 11:27 PM, BenG said:

The consistent huge drops on Spotify is downright EMBARRASSING for BMS, given how fast it’s gaining on radio. 

GP being force-fed and yet they stay saying NO.

CHECKS cleared :icant:

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 7/31/2022 at 11:44 PM, Adarsh said:

Looks like this album is going to be ~NA~ outside of the US and the UK :icant:

Sometimes i hate how SUPER GLOBAL GAGA is.. her US stats are just not big compared to her outside US Numbers

But of course, and advantage to local acts

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 41,791
On 7/31/2022 at 4:44 PM, Adarsh said:

Looks like this album is going to be ~NA~ outside of the US and the UK :icant:

Time for me to graph their positions on Spotify Charts. Should be easy since no updates will be required after a couple of days

• lol 2

A Popster Is Born 10,029

BMS is getting a "second life" thanks to album release but don't get it twisted, it's still a radio driven song that's high bc of the audience

ofc it's always good to see women in their 40s being top 10 for weeks and she has a real chance of going #1 which will also have big lashings from the Hives towards us bc some of us are always screaming she had no top 5/#1 in decades

the album will have its success from AM US but not from Spotify/YT for sure

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 900

A Beyonce stan, in my Gaga chart thread? It's more likely than you think. :receipts:

Seriously, must be really bothered if you'd go out of your way to make an account on a small Gaga fan forum in an attempt to troll.

• paws up 4

Popster This Way 900

I dont get it, Gaga is out there doing her own things. Having a hugely successful tour. Being a legend.

And Beyonce is out there doing her own thing, having a successful single, releasing a critically acclaimed album 20 years into her career. Being a legend.

How come it feels like we've gone back 10 years and the Beyonce and Gaga stans are at war with each other again. Cant we just be happy both our faves our thriving?

• paws up 5
  • thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 7/31/2022 at 6:16 PM, Ethel said:

I dont get it, Gaga is out there doing her own things. Having a hugely successful tour. Being a legend.

And Beyonce is out there doing her own thing, having a successful single, releasing a critically acclaimed album 20 years into her career. Being a legend.

How come it feels like we've gone back 10 years and the Beyonce and Gaga stans are at war with each other again. Cant we just be happy both our faves our thriving?

it's a problem with stan culture, you can't stan two big successful women, you need to chose

I'm so happy Bey is getting success so many years after her debuts, like it should be an inspiration

the same way I was happy with Taylor Swift getting success with her albums

but the Little Monsters will tell you you're a fake Liddo if you stan another woman

I saw TCBT yesterday and I'm impressed. I saw a Gaga with a lot of energy and excited to perform. Her vocals were magnificent. Even if there were a few things that I would have changed (related to the stage and the pre-show) I think it's safe to say this is one of the best Gaga concerts. The stage presence, the interludes and the looks were all flawless. There were some theatrical parts too, keeping that important aspect of "Gaga" in the show. She engaged a lot with the fans (at least on my date) and had some fun moments like the "strike a pose" lyric in Babylon :billiecat:. And It had a storyline (another "Gaga" element, tho I didn't quite catch it because of paying too much attention to the show)

And last but not least, I'd like to thank @HoldMyOreos for making my stay at London very fun! I had a great time hanging out with both of you! Oh, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay in the city!

Edited by Ms I am a local
  • paws up 4
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 8

Pop-a-911-ster 27,681
On 7/31/2022 at 4:38 PM, Queen Yonse said:

#1 Break My Soul :giveup:

#49 Hold my Hand :rip:

To make this a fair comparison:

Latest soundtrack singles:

#49 - Hold My Hand (79M streams)

#OUT - Be Alive (12M streams)

Latest WW singles from a studio Album:

#1 - Rain On Me (858M streams)

#7 - Break My Soul (90M streams)

• yaas, gaga 2

Popster for Sale 57,181

Belgium (Flanders):

#17(+3) Hold My Hand *peak #16*

5th week top 20

Switzerland:

#20(-3) Hold My Hand

Still higher than IAW in Switzerland :catwalk:

Albums Switzerland:

#16(+3) Top Gun: Maverick

#65(+6) The Fame

• paws up 14
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 41,791
On 7/31/2022 at 4:41 PM, Queen Yonse said:

Gaga corrupted radio stations aka the only reason Hold My Hand and Stupid Love managed to rack up those weeks on the Hot 100.

That’s not how you use “aka”

Spoiler

:icant:

A Popster Is Born 18,409

Did ya’ll see this?

https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/entertainment-columns/kats/lady-gaga-to-return-pop-show-to-park-mgm-in-23-2615821/

„Chromatica” is likely to play into Gaga’s next Vegas adventure. We’ve wondered if her pop show, “Enigma,” will be revived at Dolby Live. We understand a pop production is planned, in 2023, but not “Enigma.” Look for a new production, with numbers added from “Chromatica,” to perform next year.

“Jazz + Piano” is also planned for 2023.

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • paws up 4
  • shook 4
  • yaas, gaga 5
  • love 1