Charts Discussion Thread - Born This Way Serving Numbers

little legend

A Popster Is Born 13,471

I know everyone loves to pull the “but she’s 20 years into her career” card. But her fans are very serious when they say that she’s even bigger than Micheal Jackson. Then maybe the sales should reflect that too, no? :bigbird:

• thanks 2

Moderator 17,129
On 7/30/2022 at 9:36 PM, Miaou said:

250 points I think

If so, then Bey having 251 points with BMS and possibly getting a #1 song is pretty self-evident on the weakness of current charts.

Moderator 17,129
On 7/30/2022 at 9:33 PM, Miaou said:

315K is amazing especially in 2022 please :katy_pie:

It's like when everyone was hoping for Adele to have a 1M debut and she couldn’t even outdebut folklore. Technically it's not a failure but it is for sure disappointing.

Chromatica was also Gagas highest debut since BTW while Renaissance is doing less than half of Lemonade.

• thanks 3

Pop-a-911-ster 31,905
On 7/30/2022 at 9:39 PM, corvus albus said:

If so, then Bey having 251 points with BMS and possibly getting a #1 song is pretty self-evident on the weakness of current charts.

I’m not sure for SL tho

maybe Gypsy knows 

but yeah the payola is so transparent for BMS 

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,278
On 7/30/2022 at 4:38 PM, Adarsh said:

I know everyone loves to pull the “but she’s 20 years into her career” card. But her fans are very serious when they say that she’s even bigger than Micheal Jackson. Then maybe the sales should reflect that too, no? :bigbird:

Oh I hate those "xx years..." comparisons too. It's like CMON we can't predict the future :lesson:

Pop-a-911-ster 31,905
On 7/30/2022 at 9:40 PM, corvus albus said:

It's like when everyone was hoping for Adele to have a 1M debut and she couldn’t even outdebut folklore. Technically it's not a failure but it is for sure disappointing.

Chromatica was also Gagas highest debut since BTW while Renaissance is doing less than half of Lemonade.

Yeah but Joanne and AP debuts were meh for Gaga status 

so thanks god that Chromatica did Gaga best debut since BTW 

315K in 2022 is more impressive for me than 280K in 2020 when bundles existed in the Billboard’s rules 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,905
On 7/30/2022 at 9:42 PM, emig_09 said:

Oh I hate those "xx years..." comparisons too. It's like CMON we can't predict the future :lesson:

It is just a fact

Bey is still slaying almost 25 years after her debut 

It is very hard especially for female artists to maintain such huge numbers 

Edited by Miaou

Popster to Popster 4,488

If this opens to under 300k…

On one hand, what BMS and the album are doing is great for a woman turning 41 this fall. We all know how sexist and ageist the music industry is.

On the other hand, I thought there was a lot more hype surrounding this new Beyoncé album. I really did expect this to do Harry Styles numbers. 

Edited by ConnorFilm
  • paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,513
On 7/30/2022 at 3:35 PM, DonnieDarko said:

I’m just so happy for her. This tour, this whole experience, she, Chromatica - they all desrve this praise and not to be the party pooper but another review suggests that HMH is just not it. I wish she would skip it and replace it with a full on beast mode SFA performance. 

I’m okay with “Hold My Hand” being the encore, Gaga sounds incredible during it and the pyro does look really nice! I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad way to end the show, obviously she wants to promote the song in some way too with it being the “encore”

But I totally get people who think she should end on another song, I’m just personally happy she didn’t end on Bad Romance, I think I would’ve been okay with either ROM, Shallow or HMH as the encore. I absolutely loved the MR encore at the JWT 

Hold My Hand GIF by Lady Gaga

• paws up 3

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 7/30/2022 at 8:55 PM, emig_09 said:

Beyonce going to the Sia's house right now to force her write the entire act ii

:gunga:

By the way....it's amazing to see that Bey's album getting its deserved acclaim and Gaga's tour being recognized and acclaimed :prideheart:

we really won and it feels like 2009/10 again.

Edited by Mario Spears
  • love 4