Charts Discussion Thread - Chromatica Stompage

corvus albus

Popster to Popster 4,487

The fact that Vegas is predicted to climb to #30 this week on the BH100. Elvis is not even half as big as TOP GUN. I guess it’s because Doja is a younger, new, hotter pop star at the moment. Plus, Vegas isn’t a ballad. 
1R might also surpass HMH’s peak of #49 this upcoming tracking week. :toofunny:

Edited by ConnorFilm

Pop-a-911-ster 25,796
On 7/6/2022 at 8:05 PM, ConnorFilm said:

The fact that Vegas is predicted to climb to #30 this week on the BH100. Elvis is not even half as big as TOP GUN. I guess it’s because Doja is a younger, new, hotter pop star at the moment. Plus, Vegas isn’t a ballad. 

Ofc they will

AM US

#48 (+12) IAW

• sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,243
On 7/6/2022 at 2:05 PM, ConnorFilm said:

The fact that Vegas is predicted to climb to #30 this week on the BH100. Elvis is not even half as big as TOP GUN. I guess it’s because she’s a younger, new, hotter pop star at the moment. Plus, Vegas isn’t a ballad. 

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with admitting that these songs are clearly just more GP friendly...I love a nice 80s power balled but im not at all surpirsed that the GP and streaming public especially are loving the 2:30min whistle tone 1R song or the hip-hop infused Doja Cat song (which you wouldnt even know is a soundtrack song is how much it sounds like a normal Doja song)

I still love HMH and think it's a great song and it is what it is! No point in people hating on 1R, not every soundtrack song is a massive hit. Congrats on them for nabbing another hit!

Edited by MANiCURE1295

Popster to Popster 4,487
On 7/6/2022 at 1:04 PM, Fame Romance said:

Second week in the top 10/3rd week in the top 15 is indeed great for an artists on the game for 25 years 

Literally more weeks in top 20 than any Taylor “Music Industry” Swift single in 3 years 

Right! I don’t get why Swifities are so bold lately. Taylor hasn’t had a song spent more than 4 weeks in the top 10 since 2017’s Look At What You Made Me Do. Her singles in the last few years fall off the charts fast. Her entire fan base buys and streams for a couple weeks and then that’s it. Lowkey kind of like Nicki (and us :toofunny:). 

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,685
On 7/6/2022 at 8:59 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Winston on Twitter has BMS falling to #10. Yeah, this is probably going to either drop off like SL

It's gonna stay in the top 10 for a second week? Ya sad, bored, what?

4822-F10-C-89-F9-4226-9751-7-A072-FDA860

Pop-a-911-ster 30,364
On 7/6/2022 at 8:11 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Another dud incoming? :ohhh:

Halsus is gonna make it smash I fear :applause:

Spoiler

Unlike ha last song :bigbird:

Spoiler

Or ha last album :bigbird:

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,106
On 7/6/2022 at 3:05 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Do we know what's the formula he is using?

Popster to Popster 4,487
On 7/6/2022 at 1:20 PM, Andreu said:

Halsus is gonna make it smash I fear :applause:

Hide contents

Unlike ha last song :bigbird:

Hide contents

Or ha last album :bigbird:

The way I was looking forward to this new Calvin album and everything I’ve heard so far has been really weak. I found myself going back to listening to Feels and Slide

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,705
On 7/6/2022 at 6:31 PM, BenG said:

1 more month till Sweetest Pie stomps. Otherwise, yes we need to be humble :giveup:

According to their respectively chart runs so far SP is on part with HMH in term of WW success and even a bigger hit in the US :mess:

And I was told SP is a bomb while HMH is a cute success :mess: both have underwhelming success but call me when an artist is pulling a smash with every song she/he releases :mess:

Le temps l’ultime verité :mess:

Popster for Sale 41,775
On 7/6/2022 at 7:32 PM, Miaou said:

According to their respectively chart runs so far SP is on part with HMH in term of WW success and even a bigger hit in the US :mess:

And I was told SP is a bomb while HMH is a cute success :mess: both have underwhelming success but call me when an artist is pulling a smash with every song she/he releases :mess:

Le temps l’ultime verité :mess:

True. Sweetest Bomb disqualifies Dua. I will give you a call when the artist arises.

Edited by BenG

Pop-a-911-ster 31,705
On 7/6/2022 at 6:27 PM, yomama said:

But no one ever said that? Stick to your Lipa Peepa updates or w/e you into nowadays pffft

Oh yeah some members said that :icant:

OT : The MV of Break My Heart has reached 500M views on YouTube ! It is the 9th video of Dua to reach this milestone :applause:

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 7/6/2022 at 9:08 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

I still love HMH and think it's a great song and it is what it is! No point in people hating on 1R, not every soundtrack song is a massive hit. Congrats on them for nabbing another hit!

Why would anyone even be mad at them, just because Gaga is a bigger name doesn't mean she'll automatically get the bigger hit, Gaga is kind of like always a risk taker when it comes to singles. Anyway HMH could end up being an award collector and if this song ends up getting the Oscar for example, i dont think anyone would even care about 1R having the bigger hit. 

Pop-a-911-ster 31,705

The obsession for SP :icant: Numbers don’t lie Dua is the female hitmakers of the last years she has nothing to worry :icant:  Especially when the song will reach 500M streams in the long run :witch-laugh:

her Streaming numbers are insane she is about to have 8 songs above 1B streams :witch-laugh:

• paws up 1