AM US (after the fall in the nights)

#198 Hold My Hand

AM US

#192 (+6) Hold My Hand

• paws up 8
  • yaas, gaga 2
  • love 2

A Popster Is Born 13,392

It's pretty obvious that IAW is the more catchy pop song with higher replay value, which is the main reason why its performing better. There's nothing more to it. Let's put the comparisons to rest.

• paws up 5

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 6/14/2022 at 10:20 PM, BenG said:

The difference in playlist reach does not fully explain the difference in week-on-week growth, imo.

One week after film release vs. week of film release:

• HMH's daily WoW growth was between 11% and 18% 
  • IAW's daily WoW growth was between 45% and 89%

IAW is just more catchy but the playlisting pushed it to new height after new height

A Popster Is Born 16,835

Now if we talk about the impact of just watching a film/series alone without the playlisting??

RUTH is there.. STRANGER THINGS really did that :giveup:

Popster for Sale 41,772
On 6/14/2022 at 3:24 PM, FRANZGA said:

IAW is just more catchy but the playlisting pushed it to new height after new height

I wouldn't say "but". It's because it showed huge growth that it got playlisted more and more in the first place.

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 6/14/2022 at 10:26 PM, BenG said:

I wouldn't say "but". It's because it showed huge growth that it got playlisted more and more in the first place.

Now if they both received same playlisting, we can fairly compare :ohhh:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 25,796
On 6/14/2022 at 4:20 PM, BenG said:

The difference in playlist reach does not fully explain the difference in week-on-week growth, imo.

One week after film release vs. week of film release:

• HMH's daily WoW growth was between 11% and 18% 
  • IAW's daily WoW growth was between 45% and 89%

Yeah, there wasnt a lot of reach when IAW started growing. Well it’s catchy so it’s pretty normal ofc

Popster for Sale 41,772
On 6/14/2022 at 3:27 PM, FRANZGA said:

Now if they both received same playlisting, we can fairly compare :ohhh:

But why should they receive same playlisting in the first place? They showed different potential right from the beginning.

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 6/14/2022 at 10:30 PM, BenG said:

But why should they receive same playlisting in the first place? They showed different potential right from the beginning.

Because a lot are receiving playlists support even with flop songs while Gaga is treated like some kind of Z-List artist :ohhh:

The Fame Popster 333
On 6/14/2022 at 10:30 AM, BenG said:

We've seen time and time again that songs from major acts receive huge playlisting upon release before their potential can even be gauged. And, "at the start?" HMH had stronger streams/performance on every other platform upon release (and retains that on many of them).

Why are we making into a competition between the 2? Dua Lipa gets 5 songs playlisted at once, so if the implication is that because they are on the same OST/label, only the better-performing song can get more>40M reach, that's not true.

IAW can shoot to #1 / triple its streams... not sure why it's even being discussed when its success has no impact on whether HMH should be given more of a push. Even if TTH is out, songs like WIG prove there are other means of exposure if those in charge are smart in their strategy for promoting the song to curators.

Popster for Sale 41,772
On 6/14/2022 at 3:39 PM, JustJames said:

Why are we making into a competition between the 2? Dua Lipa gets 5 songs playlisted at once, so if the implication is that because they are on the same OST/label, only the better-performing song can get more>40M reach, that's not true.

Not me

Popster This Way 756

Idk but for me, Love for Sale is so good. Like half of the songs are extraordinarily good. In the past half year it's been my most streamed Gaga Album. :arguega: 

I feel so lonely with this opinion:cry:

• paws up 2
  • shook 1
  • yaas, gaga 2
  • love 5

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 6/14/2022 at 10:43 PM, Jeroin2000 said:

Idk but for me, Love for Sale is so good. Like half of the songs are extraordinarily good. In the past half year it's been my most streamed Gaga Album. :arguega: 

I feel so lonely with this opinion:cry:

Good For You

• love 1