On 6/13/2022 at 2:52 PM, Adarsh said:

Take my Breath Away by Berlin

H100: Peaked at #1, charted for 21 weeks

Spotify: 236M

Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins

H100: Peaked at #2, charted for 21 weeks

Spotify: 296M

Wtf they're literally twins :dead:

Good thing that Berlin didn't block Danger one from #1. Instead it was Peter Gabriel that blocked Danger Zone :jailga:

Moderator 17,110
On 6/13/2022 at 2:53 PM, emig_09 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if one blocked other from #1 :laughga:

On 6/13/2022 at 2:57 PM, corvus albus said:

Good thing that Berlin didn't block Danger one from #1. Instead it was Peter Gabriel that blocked Danger Zone :jailga:

Popster for Sale 41,776
On 6/13/2022 at 2:00 PM, little legend said:

At this point i wouldn't be surprised if Gaga really promotes Top Gun soundtrack 

Reveal hidden contents

and so she performs I Ain't Worried :katy:

I Ain't Worried (feat. Lady Gaga) [Extended Version] going #1 after Hold My Hand :applause:

2 #1's in a year :applause:

On 6/13/2022 at 6:30 AM, DonnieDarko said:

Exactly.

Also Bobby really did an amazing job with reinventing Gaga ever since 2014. 

People really seem to have problems with understanding what music managers do. They def don’t put songs on Spotify playlists for example. 

But he, as a manager, has an obligation to work with her label to negotiate radio and playlist deals, it's the least you should do for a big artist like Lady Gaga and we as fans will never expect less than the bare minimum.

A Popster Is Born 11,824

Unless IAW is a giant smash like Happy or something, they are still gonna submitt HMH for award season. I wonder if the Grammys will nominate both songs for Visual Media though... I can see that one happening :icant:

Popster for Sale 41,776
On 6/13/2022 at 2:02 PM, Miaou said:

The way I’m trying to NOT streaming IAW on Spotify even if I love the song :rip:

Good luck. It's like vivi away from home when he needs to defecate

CATS-DRUNK-animal-humor-43111959-720-526.thumb.jpg.b0abce31556e54c6c73c962688ddcd23.jpg

• lol 3

Popster for Sale 41,776
On 6/13/2022 at 2:04 PM, Doncho said:

Unless IAW is a giant smash like Happy or something, they are still gonna submitt HMH for award season. I wonder if the Grammys will nominate both songs for Visual Media though... I can see that one happening :icant:

I think Interscope will only submit HMH for VM but at least they go to separate pop categories

Pop-a-911-ster 27,107
On 6/13/2022 at 9:42 AM, emig_09 said:

Well we start tracking AM US again

#185 Hold My Hand

AM US

#184 (+1) Hold My Hand

• paws up 3
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 11,824
On 6/13/2022 at 10:05 AM, BenG said:

I think Interscope will only submit HMH for VM but at least they go to separate pop categories

I hope so. HMH could also be nominated for Pop Solo. Any actual competition there so far? Maybe About Damn Time by Lizzo?

On 6/13/2022 at 7:53 AM, corvus albus said:

She shouldn't go to Atlantic, period. I think Gaga directly under Universal should be best, because Warner already has Dua and Gaga would only be used to pay for Duas payola.

She should go to Republic or Atlantic, enough of studio albums with just two official singles and eras that last only 2-3 months.

A Popster Is Born 13,393
On 6/13/2022 at 6:37 PM, Doncho said:

I hope so. HMH could also be nominated for Pop Solo. Any actual competition there so far? Maybe About Damn Time by Lizzo?

As it Was by Harry or Easy on Me is winning that. A nom would be cute though.

• thanks 1

• corvus albus changed the title to Charts Discussion Thread - HMH Added to Hot Hits UK - The Days is Saved 🐷
A Popster Is Born 13,393
On 6/13/2022 at 6:38 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

It's so weird to me that Danger Zone was as big of a hit as TMBA, I thought it was an unknown song while TMBA an undeniable classic 

TMBA is Berlin's only hit while Kenny Loggins was huge in the 80s. He even made the Footloose song and has like 3 songs bigger than Danger Zone :icant:

Moderator 17,110
On 6/13/2022 at 3:08 PM, Bonnie said:

She should go to Republic or Atlantic, enough of studio albums with just two official singles and eras that last only 2-3 months.

Atlantic is a horrible label. They have fumbled the current eras of Charlie Puth, Coldplay, Ava Max, Clean Bandit and until this unexpected virality with About Damn Time, even Lizzo.