Charts Discussion Thread - Chromatica Stompage

corvus albus

A Popster Is Born 10,029

In a perfect world

Today: Lady Gaga announces Chromatica Act IV is coming

Friday July 8th: Release of Act IV with a new music video

Sunday July 17th: Chromatica re-enters  BB200 top 5

Sunday July 17th: Start of Chromatica Ball in Düsseldorf to acclaim and commercial success

Monday July 18th: the new song enters the Hot 100 due to Nice streams and sales

November 2022: Lady Gaga announces Lady Gaga Presents :The Chromatica Ball Summer Stadium Tour on Netflix for December 2nd

Now chartgaga is waking up

• paws up 2
  • lol 2
  • love 1

The Fame Popster 442

Got some tea about Top Gun recently. Let's just say when it come to promotion, it's become clear the movie studio didn't care too much about promoting what the label was pushing, hence the older songs going viral on TikTok.

Edited by radio
  • paws up 1
  • sad 1

Popster This Way 900
On 7/1/2022 at 10:31 PM, Doncho said:

In my opinion the US public likes Gaga in general but they just dont like her music that much. She is still seen as a "throwback" artist despite her recent commercial success with ASIB and Chromatica. Her peak was so big that everything that came after just couldnt match up to it.

Please dont drag me thats just how I see it :icant: I do love her "reinvention" era from Cheek to Cheek to today. But the first thing most people think when someone says "Lady Gaga" is the crazy outfits and monster stuff

she might be able to truly rebrand herself if she sticks to ASIB music style for 1 more album and sing ARUTW/INLA more often, but that clearly isn't what she wants

Pop-a-911-ster 27,108

YT WW

#74 +8 Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand (From “Top Gun: Maverick”) [Official Music Video] 826,657

Fight Freedom GIF by Reba McEntire

• paws up 13
  • yaas, gaga 2

The Fame Popster 442

The US general public really likes her, she's a highly respected musician selling out stadiums here. No question, she's huge, especially when it comes to her debut singles. Let's not forget Shallow and ROM reached number one, SL top 5, and 270K+ for Chromatica's debut. 

Her dance sound (across the board) will always be bigger internationally, and chart-wise radio for a women in her 30s that'll be a set back. HMH may have performed better internationally, but we'd be lying if we said it made waves anywhere like her previous releases.

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 7/1/2022 at 6:15 PM, radio said:

The US general public really likes her, she's a highly respected musician selling out stadiums here. No question, she's huge, especially when it comes to her debut singles. Let's not forget Shallow and ROM reached number one, SL top 5, and 270K+ for Chromatica's debut. 

Her dance sound (across the board) will always be bigger internationally, and chart-wise radio for a women in her 30s that'll be a set back. HMH may have performed better internationally, but we'd be lying if we said it made waves anywhere like her previous releases.

It’s a OST, it’s making the noise it needs to… it’s just Liddos truly believed she would replicate Shallow’s success when that one was an anomaly in itself

• paws up 2
  • sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,108
On 7/1/2022 at 1:16 PM, chartgaga said:

It’s a OST, it’s making the noise it needs to… it’s just Liddos truly believed she would replicate Shallow’s success when that one was an anomaly in itself

well one thing is her playing the role for the song she's singing (Shallord) and other is a song on another movie where she's not the main 

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 7/1/2022 at 6:18 PM, emig_09 said:

well one thing is her playing the role for the song she's singing (Shallord) and other is a song on another movie where she's not the main 

True also Shallow was PIVOTAL to ASIB

Hold My Hand is a end credit song

it’s like comparing it to Is That Alright

• paws up 3

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 7/1/2022 at 5:51 PM, chartgaga said:

In a perfect world

Today: Lady Gaga announces Chromatica Act IV is coming

Friday July 8th: Release of Act IV with a new music video

Sunday July 17th: Chromatica re-enters  BB200 top 5

Sunday July 17th: Start of Chromatica Ball in Düsseldorf to acclaim and commercial success

Monday July 18th: the new song enters the Hot 100 due to Nice streams and sales

November 2022: Lady Gaga announces Lady Gaga Presents :The Chromatica Ball Summer Stadium Tour on Netflix for December 2nd

Now chartgaga is waking up

Also: we would've gotten Chromatica: The Movie 😩

Weekly Top Albums Global

28. (-4) Top Gun: Maverick 

80. (-4) The Fame Monster

169. (-1) A Star Is Born

Weekly Top Artists Global

40. (-2) Lady Gaga

Edited by Thrasher
  • paws up 7

Pop-a-911-ster 27,108
On 7/1/2022 at 1:13 PM, emig_09 said:

YT WW

#74 +8 Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand (From “Top Gun: Maverick”) [Official Music Video] 826,657

Fight Freedom GIF by Reba McEntire

#77 +5 Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand (From “Top Gun: Maverick”) [Official Music Video] 836,870

• paws up 8

On 7/1/2022 at 5:45 PM, Ms I am a local said:
  • Government Hooker Trends on TikTok (24 hours update): 197.583 videos (+12.147)

ALMOST 200K!! It has improved a lot since the trend did 4k videos/day a few days ago!

lady gaga trash dove GIF

Reveal hidden contents

Btw, there's one thing I'd like to add. I remember Judas had +50k videos/day at one point, let's see if the trends grow even more or if they will stay like this. To be fair, I'm starting to see more viral and recent videos on the trends using the original song (sped up version), so it's not like the remix is carrying the entire update, which is something quite positive imo.

Anyways, let's hope that the little spotlight of GH will keep the album with consistent 1M updates for now! hope is a dangerous thing for a british cigarette like me to have - but I have it.mp3 :giveup:

lana del rey princess GIF

Edited by Ms I am a local
  • paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster This Way 900
On 7/1/2022 at 1:05 PM, Thrasher said:

Is it true that the entire Top Gun soundtrack (including songs like IAW) is included in Gaga’s daily Spotify numbers or just OGHs fanfiction?

Gaga has credits on multiple tracks on the Top Gun soundrack, IAW is not one of them. Anyone saying her total spotify stream numbers include the One Republic song are flat out lying.

Popster to Popster 3,903

Hold My Hand

Spotify: 50.1M

Youtube: 47.5M + 3.9M + 1.6M

Total = 103.1 million

Edited by Mario Spears
  • paws up 6