Charts Discussion Thread - Chromatica Stompage

corvus albus

Gaga somehow had “bad timing” because she debuted a bit late compared to her peers and she only had 4 albums before turning 30 (hence less opportunities to score radio hits).

Rihanna released all of her 8 albums before turning 30, this is why I’m so curious to see how new single from her would do on radio these days. 

Edited by Thrasher

Pop-a-911-ster 26,880
On 7/1/2022 at 11:17 AM, Thrasher said:

Gaga somehow had “bad timing” because she debuted a bit late compared to her peers and she only had 4 albums before turning 30 (hence less opportunities to score radio hits).

Rihanna released all of her 8 albums before turning 30, this is why I’m so curious to see how new single from her would do on radio these days. 

Adele's case is another to send to the FBI... now she's skinny, she's flopping :wtfga:

Pop-a-911-ster 26,880
On 7/1/2022 at 11:17 AM, Thrasher said:

What they did to Rih is sad... she released an album almost with months of difference... they squeeze her in a horrible way...

Popster This Way 646

I mean, obviously, there are some exceptions. But a non charting song on streaming platforms in the USA will make it harder for it to get played on radio lol

Pop-a-911-ster 31,296
On 7/1/2022 at 4:22 PM, emig_09 said:

What they did to Rih is sad... she released an album almost with months of difference... they squeeze her in a horrible way...

She didn’t even write her songs 

I bet she spent like 30 minutes per album so I think she was fine lmao

this woman is so lazy in the music industry 

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 2,994

I would love to know if there is any correlation between legacy acts resigning and extending recording contracts and the lack of promo they get the longer they've been in the industry? 

When Gaga resigned with Interscope, we know she got a lot more freedom . I'm sure she gets a bigger cut of profits and whatnot. Would that be a reason why Interscope is less willing to put a lot of money into promoting her work?

A Popster Is Born 11,752

In my opinion the US public likes Gaga in general but they just dont like her music that much. She is still seen as a "throwback" artist despite her recent commercial success with ASIB and Chromatica. Her peak was so big that everything that came after just couldnt match up to it.

Please dont drag me thats just how I see it :icant: I do love her "reinvention" era from Cheek to Cheek to today. But the first thing most people think when someone says "Lady Gaga" is the crazy outfits and monster stuff

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 7/1/2022 at 4:00 PM, loopyjae said:

Female ageism will always be such a dumb concept for me, specially in music. Like, who cares if a woman is 50 years old or 18? If they are serving bops or just great a** songs why would you care about anything else? :whatga:

Cause mainstream is still tan by male and they fantasize on younger women and not moms… they want the package of young hog and fresh

Popster to Popster 2,994

Ya'll. We are fixing to be dragged through the depths of hell if Gaga doesn't start promoting this tour and do SOMETHING to get these tickets selling over here. I'm starting to get worried. Like is she trying to get revenge on someone by not lifting a finger for anything Chromatica related for two years now? Can we blame Bloodpop? :dean_scream: