Charts Discussion Thread - Chromatica Stompage

corvus albus

Pop-a-911-ster 26,880
Pop-a-911-ster 28,838
x3
On 7/1/2022 at 3:13 PM, BenG said:

Does Lady Gaga have a Diamond single in the US?

No.

Reveal hidden contents

:icant:

But she has Bad Romance and Poker Face and soon Just Dance and Shallow 

I don't get the reference :stable:

Popster for Sale 41,578
On 7/1/2022 at 2:20 PM, little legend said:

But she has Bad Romance and Poker Face and soon Just Dance and Shallow 

I don't get the reference :stable:

See the last 2 essays :icant:

Popster for Sale 44,326
On 7/1/2022 at 2:05 PM, Miaou said:

SL truly ruined her chance to have a radio hit again 

Little Legend won 

Pls how was it SL when Shallow struggled? 

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 41,578
On 7/1/2022 at 2:23 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

AUS rise is all the more impressive considering HHA will only impact friday streams, no?

I think it was added a few hours before the daily cut-off? But yes tomorrow for full impact.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 7/1/2022 at 3:22 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

Pls how was it SL when Shallow struggled? 

they need to realize Judas (#15) started killing her US pop radio days, then ARTPOP didn't perform that well (Applause peaked at #4, DWUW at #7 and GUY at #29), then came Joanne (#22 for Perfect Illusion and #17 for Million Reasons), The Cure peaked at #20 and Shallow peaked at #19 after Oscars/Grammys cause they pushed it again but radio audience said no to it

Stupid Love (#11) and Rain On Me (#10) actually brought back some relevance to her Pop radio days

Edited by chartgaga
  • paws up 9
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 12,762
On 7/1/2022 at 2:23 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

AUS rise is all the more impressive considering HHA will only impact friday streams, no?

you're right yeah, its actually before HHAUS effect. thats why it probably got on the playlist (at last). The fact it had to go all that way on australia spotify before getting on hot hits aus when IAW got on the minute it touched top 100 :nickiha: her ballads have to fight so hard but being so un-dependent on payola is ultimately better for a songs longevity. fight hand fight!

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,326
On 7/1/2022 at 2:30 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

you're right yeah, its actually before HHAUS effect. thats why it probably got on the playlist (at last). The fact it had to go all that way on australia spotify before getting on hot hits aus when IAW got on the minute it touched top 100 :nickiha: her ballads have to fight so hard but being so un-dependent on payola is ultimately better for a songs longevity. fight hand fight!

she's handlesing! 

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

On 7/1/2022 at 3:27 PM, chartgaga said:

they need to realize Judas (#15) started killing her US pop radio days, then ARTPOP didn't perform that well (Applause peaked at #4, DWUW at #7 and GUY at #29), then came Joanne (#22 for Perfect Illusion and #17 for Million Reasons), The Cure peaked at #20 and Shallow peaked at #19 after Oscars/Grammys cause they pushed it again but radio audience said no to it

Stupid Love (#11) and Rain On Me (#10) actually brought back some relevance to her Pop radio days

Correct 

SL (and ROM too) bombed Pop callouts but any song of her will do that, no matter what the genre is. This is how listeners react to 30+ female artists, just wait for BMS callouts which is “smashing” at the moment.

If anything she restored her radio relationship lately, HMH went as high as Shallow on Pop which is good (despite no radio deal and no making a dent on streaming).

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 29,547

Spotify Top Weekly Top Songs France:
#75 (-2) Hold My Hand - 538,120

Week 04: 329,529
Week 05: 497,196 (+167,667)
Week 06: 515,401 (+18,205)
Week 07: 537,083 (+21,682)
Week 08: 538,120 (+1,037)

Edited by ViviLittleM
  • paws up 5

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 7/1/2022 at 3:38 PM, Thrasher said:

Correct 

SL (and ROM too) bombed Pop callouts but any song of her will do that, no matter what the genre is. This is how listeners react to 30+ female artists, just wait for BMS callouts which is “smashing” at the moment.

If anything she restored her radio relationship lately, HMH went as high as Shallow on Pop which is good (despite no radio deal and no making a dent on streaming).

exactly, even THE music industry Taylor is struggling on Pop now ever since Lover

ME! & Calm Down were her last top 10 on Pop radio

Lover, cardigan, willow, Message in a Bottle all peaked top 20 and didn't last long

she needs to have HAC/AC on board to at least get cute radio support

Pop will "support" on release and after 6-7 weeks, will start dropping it cause audience is mostly rejecting it

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 2,995
On 7/1/2022 at 8:29 AM, JustJames said:

Legendary according to whom, exactly? Why do people wonder why Gaga can't always pull off the consistent, inflated debut #s of a Taylor/BTS when her own fans write BS like this all the time about her past work? Hope she'll write an "acclaimed magnum opus" for LG7 as if 1. it's SO easy to release critically acclaimed pop music, 2. it's isn't the goal of every project to be quality, 3. she isn't Lady f-ing Gaga who has already released:

1.   Hide contents
    1. The Fame - 1 of the biggest debut eras of all time; 2 2009 IFPI top 10 selling singles, 2 BB100 #1s (4 top 10), 4 CHR #1s, 2 Grammys wins (6 noms).
    2. TFM - 8 tracks of > 8-star quality; 2010 IFPI top 10 selling album, 2 2010 IFPI top 10 selling singles, 3 BB100 Top 5s, 3 CHR #1s, 3 Grammys wins (6 noms).
    3. BTW - sold >1m copies its FIRST WEEK (but, longevity!!! - hard to have longevity when 1M people bought your record week 1, no!? I guess we prefer she released 12 rapper remixes and slapped them on a re-release?); 2011 IFPI top 10 selling album, 1 2011 IFPI top 10 selling single, 6-week BB100 #1 (4 top 10s), 4 CHR top 10s (1 #1), 3 Grammys noms, Rolling Stones "Top 500 Albums" list, etc.

• 1st 3 albums nominated for AOTY at the Grammys (TF, TFM, BTW)
  • 13 Grammys, with all submitted albums receiving at least 1 nom (except ARTPOP) and all but 1 (BTW) winning at least 1 award.
  • TF, TFM, BTW, ARTPOP, Joanne, and ASIB were all the #1 discussed albums of their year on MC; Chromatica #3.
  • Between Just Dance > You and I, she collected 11 consecutive Top 10 singles on BB100 (3 #1s) and US CHR (7 #1s).

Leave BTW alone. It IS legendary, and so is Lady Gaga. :ally:

Drama Scarlet Envy GIF by Alex Anderson

• lol 1

Popster This Way 532

Female ageism will always be such a dumb concept for me, specially in music. Like, who cares if a woman is 50 years old or 18? If they are serving bops or just great a** songs why would you care about anything else? :whatga:

• paws up 1