Charts Discussion Thread - Chromatica Stompage

corvus albus

A Popster Is Born 12,832
On 6/30/2022 at 6:49 PM, Miaou said:

I listened to GH for the first time since like 2013 and ... yeah still a NO for me lmao :bigbird: it explains why I don’t like the Born This Way album a lot :bigbird: 
Too noisy and loud for my poor ears :icant:

Kinda agree with this tbh and ARTPOP. I think that’s why chromatica was welcome from a listening perspective;  her first album within EDM/dance specifically made for the new era. BTW is definitely quality record despite that . Luv GH and (The Queen) though :cm:

Popster for Sale 41,936
On 6/30/2022 at 6:56 PM, Miaou said:

As if basic pop productions are not good :icant: 

a song with basic production can be a masterpiece there is nothing wrong about that :bigbird:

A closeted Ava Max stan methinks

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,024
x3
On 6/30/2022 at 7:49 PM, Miaou said:

I listened to GH for the first time since like 2013 and ... yeah still a NO for me lmao :bigbird: it explains why I don’t like the Born This Way album a lot :bigbird: 
Too noisy and loud for my poor ears :icant:

Interesting. I keep listening again GH after it became viral and for me it makes no sense why Born This Way isn't considered like the pop album of our times. GH ,Bloody Mary, HML , and more are masterpieces and even breathtaking in terms of production and everything. I think these songs were ahead of their time. I am sure that is she released Born This Way album in 2023 but with different singles, for example Scheibe the lead single, then HML , Bloody Mary, and GH , she would have smash after smash. Even if they won't do very well on the radio, the would have received amazing streams and the GP would have appreciated how much unique, experimental, masterpieces these songs are:shine:

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 29,891
On 6/30/2022 at 8:21 PM, dllcll said:

Not surprisingly, the tour is “a smash,” al-Jourani says. “He’ll sell over 700,000 tickets on these 19 shows, we’ve grossed $100 million, and that’s just North America. #father

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/weeknd-tour-opening-acts-1235306678/

That’s an average of 37k people per show hum.

Popster This Way 756
On 6/30/2022 at 7:19 PM, franminervini said:

Omg I am so sorry you had to go through that. I hope you are okay. Sending hugs 💖

I'm fine now, thanks. I was just so triggered because he was calling me the f word and insulting me loudly in the bus Infront of everyone.

• hugs 6
  • sad 2

Pop-a-911-ster 31,904
On 6/30/2022 at 8:12 PM, little legend said:

Interesting. I keep listening again GH after it became viral and for me it makes no sense why Born This Way isn't considered like the pop album of our times. GH ,Bloody Mary, HML , and more are masterpieces and even breathtaking in terms of production and everything. I think these songs were ahead of their time. I am sure that is she released Born This Way album in 2023 but with different singles, for example Scheibe the lead single, then HML , Bloody Mary, and GH , she would have smash after smash. Even if they won't do very well on the radio, the would have received amazing streams and the GP would have appreciated how much unique, experimental, masterpieces these songs are:shine:

HML, BM, GH and the rest of the BTW album are not GP single materials at all 

see the tragic daily streams on Spotify for every song (except GH right now with its virality)

Pop-a-911-ster 31,904
On 6/30/2022 at 8:04 PM, Dean SMASHchester said:

Danny Devito Lol GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

I hate the industrial sound (and also metal) so it explains why I don’t like a lot the BTW album :icant:

Pop-a-911-ster 31,904

So glad that her magnum opus TFM is closing the gap to reach 2B streams on Spotify :romance:

my coworker streamed BR, Telephone and Speechless today :romance:

Moderator 17,129
On 6/30/2022 at 8:11 PM, BenG said:

A closeted Ava Max stan methinks

The open Ava Max stan loves both ARTPOP and Born This Way though. The cat is just a Dua stan

• paws up 2
  • lol 2