Reveal hidden contents

I can’t believe you’re taking my posts seriously

:bigbird:

Spoiler

trying to prevent an influx of death certificates and meltdowns 

• lol 1

Moderator 3,690
On 6/23/2022 at 12:29 PM, Gabi said:

It usually pains me to think about how Gaga and her team paid Chromatica to dust. But today when I’m listening to Folklore by Ms Taylor I realized she didn’t do much promo for Evermore and Folklore either, she only released tons of BoS videos and a few piano session performance to keep the albums alive, I wonder why Gaga can’t do the same.::|:
Like during Joanne era they we’re supposed to released several videos for making Joanne but canceled it eventually. Why her team couldn’t do something to keep the momentum? Is it because of lack of budget or it’s up to Interscope’s decision?

I'd say you cannot really compare the promo for Folkmore and Chromatica. Folkmore was always branded as Taylor's indie album and as such it didn't really lend itself to lots of music videos and performances. Chromatica was Gaga's return to her dance music roots and it being described as a planet left a lot possibilites and visuals that could have been used. Sadly due to miss Rona they did not follow through with it.

However I'll say that Taylor is a masterful soft-promo user, having 8 covers for Folklore, stagger releasing signed albums, sending signed albums to indie music shops and etc, which help drive fanbase sales, but the GP was quite unaware of and did not affect the indie image. 

Popster This Way 900
On 6/23/2022 at 5:33 PM, loopyjae said:

I'm honestly so tired of these sad a** updates on a song that doesn't ever seems to take off and, at this point, unless Gaga performs it or something, won't become a hit. The fact that it can't even enter Spotify top 200 in the US is TRAGIC + I'm so tired of seeing these stan wars because Beyoncé's song is doing good. I wish I wasn't as chart obsessed as I am. :bradley:

We can always drag Be Alive if Beyhive wants to debate:icant: unless Bey has huge feature tracks that will top #1 on BB200 like ROM did

Popster for Sale 41,795
On 6/23/2022 at 10:37 AM, HoldMyOreos said:

:bigbird:

Hide contents

trying to prevent an influx of death certificates and meltdowns 

I’m ready for my poor fans moment :applause:

Popster for Sale 41,795
On 6/23/2022 at 10:40 AM, artgagapop said:

HMH will have more streams than both SL and BMS by the end of the year, bookmark me :arguega:

Yes. More fart incoming

Popster This Way 900
On 6/23/2022 at 5:37 PM, joesuda said:

I'd say you cannot really compare the promo for Folkmore and Chromatica. Folkmore was always branded as Taylor's indie album and as such it didn't really lend itself to lots of music videos and performances. Chromatica was Gaga's return to her dance music roots and it being described as a planet left a lot possibilites and visuals that could have been used. Sadly due to miss Rona they did not follow through with it.

However I'll say that Taylor is a masterful soft-promo user, having 8 covers for Folklore, stagger releasing signed albums, sending signed albums to indie music shops and etc, which help drive fanbase sales, but the GP was quite unaware of and did not affect the indie image. 

I know they are not comparable but it still amazes me that her team/Interscope did nothing and let Chromatica rot in a ditch:dead:

• hugs 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,690
On 6/23/2022 at 11:42 AM, Matteo Remondi said:

For reference.

Days in the TTH:

Look what I found - 11

SC-  41

ARUTW - 43

SL - 62

ROM - 127

Shallow - 158

Only 11 for LWIF? Could have added another song instead after!

A Popster Is Born 12,811
On 6/23/2022 at 10:14 AM, HoldMyOreos said:

but the movie is best promo there is

what we need is to be moved up those playlists 

The movie is still pushing it imo vs. The playlists which is why it isn’t moving up. The streams justify its TTH, but it’s low there cause external promo is pushing it. Only in Taiwan so far has GP matched up with movie goers.

SL had abhorrent longevity HMH is a totally different sound. What we need for this song is stability after peaking. E.g. MR has way over 700m streams but only spent 104 days on Spotify WW 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 1

Popster This Way 900

SL was doing OK, just super frontloaded 

Don’t know why LMs are so obsessed with longevity when every Gaga’s singles were super frontloaded since BTW except for Shallow:icant:

• paws up 2