Charts Discussion Thread - Chromatica Stompage

corvus albus

Also a thing to keep in mind is that BMS -> Renaissance is following the original SL -> Chromatica timing, 5 weeks inbetween

That would help the single when album release comes (with momentum, promo and stuff kicking in) whereas Gaga had to postpone Chromatica 

A Popster Is Born 16,279
On 6/22/2022 at 11:30 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

Beyoncé has been bombing left and right so I was being cautious

good to know that side projects aren't good indicators to how main projects will be received, makes me a bit more optimistic for LG7 

DId u think lg7 will debut with 40k because of LFS ?

On 6/22/2022 at 11:28 PM, Sam said:

Isn't Spotify 40% bigger now compared to 2020?

Ofc they had similar debut (not similar numbers for obvious reasons)

Q1 2020 - 130m subscribers 

Q1 2022 - 182m subscribers 

I

Those numbers are subscribed users. In total, the platform has 400M+ users. But yeah, the number of users of Spotify has increased since 2020.

Edited by Ms I am a local

Popster for Sale 44,667
On 6/22/2022 at 10:31 PM, Replay said:

DId u think lg7 will debut with 40k because of LFS ?

no but HMH debuted OUT of the spotify top 200 and it was a new song and a single

Replay

it is doing better than Bey soundtrack songs so we have nothing to worry about it seems

Replay

Edited by HoldMyOreos
  • paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 30,375
On 6/22/2022 at 11:29 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

not sure about how reliable this account is but say this tossed around on ggd chart thread 

This account is notorious for pulling numbers out their a** tho

Popster to Popster 4,487

I think people are rightfully comparing BMS to SL because both were lead singles following a multi-year break from studio albums. Perfect Illusion from Joanne dropped in 2016, and Stupid Love from Chromatica dropped in 2020. Beyonce has not had a studio album since Lemonade. Four years vs six years. 

I believe I predicted around 4 to 5 million for Beyonce yesterday. It's a solid debut, especially from a woman who's turning 41 this year. We all know how ageist the music industry is towards females. 

We shall see if this has legs or drops like SL. Either way, it's kind of satisfying to know that Beyonce and Lady Gaga aren't that far off in popularity. Around 4.6 for SL and 5.1 for BMS isn't a big difference!

Edited by ConnorFilm
  • paws up 4

Popster for Sale 44,667

Spotify Global top 200 June 21st

Regional charts: 

#6 (=) Taiwan 
#30 (+1) Singapore *new peak*
#45 (-4) New Zealand 
#49 (-1) Hong Kong 
#50 (+2) Switzerland 
#53 (-1) Belgium 
#56 (-2) Malaysia
#70 (-1) Australia
#77 (=) Netherlands *peak*
#78 (-8) Sweden
#79 (-2) France 
#86 (-1) Denmark 
#87 (+4) South Africa 
#88 (-3) Canada
#97 (=) Austria *peak*
#106 (-9) Czechia 
#108 (-4) United Kingdom 
#111 (+2) Slovakia 
#119 (+1) Norway
#119 (+3) United Arab Emirates *new peak*
#131 (+14) Italy 
#157 (+2) Ireland 
#162 (-3) Lithuania
#184 (-24) Hungary 
#179 (+20) Indonesia *new peak*

• paws up 5
  • thanks 1

Popster This Way 900
On 6/22/2022 at 5:38 PM, LGMonster95 said:

Stupid Love could have debuted a bit better if the song wasn't leaked a month before its release too

I remember reading somewhere that there was talk about switching the lead single for Chromatica after Stupid Love leaked. Gaga decided to double down which is fine, but i have to think Alice or Replay would have had stronger debuts and more longevity.

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 44,667
On 6/22/2022 at 10:45 PM, Ethel said:

I remember reading somewhere that there was talk about switching the lead single for Chromatica after Stupid Love leaked. Gaga decided to double down which is fine, but i have to think Alice or Replay would have had stronger debuts and more longevity.

Yeah she said so in an interview + then decided to double down because apparently it meant people liked that song the best

ma'am they just leaked it because they knew it was the lead single :icant:

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 6/23/2022 at 12:45 AM, Ethel said:

I remember that some stans were already tired of Stupid Love when the song got released lol imo it kinda affected the hype a bit

Moderator 17,119
On 6/22/2022 at 11:29 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

not sure about how reliable this account is but say this tossed around on ggd chart thread 

ARTPOP will likely never reach 2x Platinum

• sad 2