Charts Discussion Thread - Chromatica Stompage

corvus albus

Pop-a-911-ster 26,485
On 6/21/2022 at 7:05 AM, PanPikus said:

Doja's song is also from a soundtrack. That excuse is useless. 

What matters is if it's a new song / single or not. And as we see every bigger star gets a support for a new single, but Gaga does not...

Talking obviously about current situation. :bebe:

Same thing with Don't Look Up--then they will say Doja and Ari are streaming giants. Well is Beyonce? Fact of the matter is 4.1M for a debut is something you will find from an indie start up act. The fact that TTH updated and we got pushed down one spot instead of retaining or climbing higher tells me HMH won't last a week in that playlist. And I just know liddos will say it's because it wasn't gaining fast enough. Gaga is the only major artist who seems to have to prove herself every single time whereas other established acts get good playlisting by default.

And another counter fact that Katy Perry, who has never seen commercial success in years, still has a bigger playlist reach for WIG than Gaga.

Occam's razor, the simplest explanation simply is that Gaga's team could be so much better in planning her roll outs.

• sad 1

A Popster Is Born 12,807
On 6/21/2022 at 11:07 AM, Mr. V said:

I know HMH didnt get this treatment before but can we be happy that atleast now its on TTH :icant:

I mean we were SUFFERING before but imagine without TTH we would be on a downward trend already :bigbird:

honestly the movie is pushing this song as well as word of mouth vs. discovery from playlisting. the playlist additions and growth we've seen has been poor, but it kept getting added to viral playlists.

in canada its re-peaking in positions whilst -OUT of their TTH. its almost out of hot hits singapore but reached its highest peak. i think this type of song is interesting to track but its not done well in playlists imo; they've acted more like a cushion

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,279

Some of u are acting so entitled over playlisting :rip: even doja whos the it girl of the moment didn't get her soundtrack properly playlisted until song started smashing. Someone would think you'll didn't spend years in chart thread considering ure trying to compare lead single to soundtrack song. Did Be Alive get #1 TTH debut? Chromatica singles both had great playlisting right off the bat.

• paws up 6
  • thanks 3
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 16,279
On 6/21/2022 at 12:05 PM, PanPikus said:

Doja's song is also from a soundtrack. That excuse is useless. 

What matters is if it's a new song / single or not. And as we see every bigger star gets a support for a new single, but Gaga does not...

Talking obviously about current situation. :bebe:

But Doja song has less playlist reach despite it doing much better :rip:

Pop-a-911-ster 26,485
On 6/21/2022 at 7:15 AM, Replay said:

Some of u are acting so entitled over playlisting :rip: even doja whos the it girl of the moment didn't get her soundtrack properly playlisted until song started smashing. Someone would think you'll didn't spend years in chart thread considering ure trying to compare lead single to soundtrack song. Did Be Alive get #1 TTH debut? Chromatica singles both had great playlisting right off the bat.

So the only choice for debut playlisting is 4.1M or 100M right off the bat? I just said it could have been better, not necessarily #1 in all playlist. There is such a thing as middle ground. The fact that arguments like this often have to resort to hyperbole just to dismiss the point tells me all I need on how objective the perspective is :excuseme:

• paws up 4

A Popster Is Born 16,279
On 6/21/2022 at 12:26 PM, Dean SMASHchester said:

So the only choice for debut playlisting is 4.1M or 100M right off the bat? I just said it could have been better, not necessarily #1 in all playlist. There is such a thing as middle ground. The fact that arguments like this often have to resort to hyperbole just to dismiss the point tells me all I need on how objective the perspective is :excuseme:

Well I wasn't talking about 4m. Because that was because of lack of NMF playlists which usually contribute to the most of reach. Once friday came it got regular ~35m which was perfectly fine. I mean they could have added it early to NMF and lose half of week of exposure but thats another topic. 

Also i didnt mention 100m i just said its not realistic to compare soundtrack to lead single. U can compare it to Gaga's lead if u want.

Edited by Replay

Pop-a-911-ster 26,485
On 6/21/2022 at 7:30 AM, Replay said:

Well I wasn't talking about 4m. Because that was because of lack of NMF playlists which usually contribute to the most of reach. Once friday came it got regular ~35m which was perfectly fine. I mean they could have added it early to NMF and lose half of week of exposure but thats another topic

And I was talking about debut of the playlist reach which was factually 4.1M, and then you had to resort to an ad hominem about spending years in a chart thread. Cute.

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 16,279
On 6/21/2022 at 12:33 PM, Dean SMASHchester said:

And I was talking about debut of the playlist reach which was factually 4.1M, and then you had to resort to an ad hominem about spending years in a chart thread. Cute.

but it jumped to +40m as soon as it was possible which was first friday. as i said most of reach for new songs comes from NMF. Doja debuted with 40m because she had all the NMF playlists not cause it was added to some special playlists HMH couldn't crack.

Also I wasn't talking about your 4m post or even you specificially, but all these posts comparing HMH to other songs which never made sense to me, sorry if it came across as personal

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 13,392

I can't believe you guys are seriously comparing HMH's playlisting to that of Beyonce's highly anticipated comeback lead single. I mean come on :dead:

• paws up 5
  • thanks 2

Popster to Popster 2,900
On 6/21/2022 at 12:09 PM, Dean SMASHchester said:

Same thing with Don't Look Up--then they will say Doja and Ari are streaming giants. Well is Beyonce? Fact of the matter is 4.1M for a debut is something you will find from an indie start up act. The fact that TTH updated and we got pushed down one spot instead of retaining or climbing higher tells me HMH won't last a week in that playlist. And I just know liddos will say it's because it wasn't gaining fast enough. Gaga is the only major artist who seems to have to prove herself every single time whereas other established acts get good playlisting by default.

And another counter fact that Katy Perry, who has never seen commercial success in years, still has a bigger playlist reach for WIG than Gaga.

Occam's razor, the simplest explanation simply is that Gaga's team could be so much better in planning her roll outs.

Not the philosophy and logic that haunt me here too :bradley:

• lol 1

The Fame Popster 316
On 6/21/2022 at 6:15 AM, Replay said:

Tell them gay boys bestie!

I’m glad HMH is rising/stabilizing in most countries, unlike Chromavirus singles 🤭🤭 Hopefully it becomes a top 10/20 hit in Australia too :prideheart:

Edited by Zak

Let's be real the playlist support for HMH before TTH is a big failure.

Just for your reference, MUNA's soundtrack for Fire Island: Sometimes currently has 22M of playlist reach and guess what, it is not even an original soundtrack it's a cover of an old Britney song. And I remember HMH was barely cracking 20M of playlist reach after removed from NMF:arguega:

edit: I got the wrong track anyway thanks for the TTH bobby let's stream!

Edited by DeleteForever