Charts Discussion Thread - Chromatica Stompage

corvus albus

On 6/19/2022 at 7:35 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

A lot of these are just subjective opinions.

pills.jpg

Of course they are. Ones shared by many fans, if her album's user scores on AOTY are anything to go by. 

pills.jpg

either way talking about subjective music opinions > embarrassing unfunny posts about poo. :toofunny:

pills.jpg

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,647
On 6/19/2022 at 3:42 PM, yomama said:

Imagine if Disco Heaven went viral

DC336-FC1-E16-E-4-B0-B-B5-C7-40684-FD727

It would be nothing short of deserved. Gaga has surprisingly very few disco-heavy songs

OH THE LIGHTS STILL WHILE WE'RE DANCING

YEAH THE FLOOR IS SHAKING

IN THIS DISCO HEAVEN

John Travolta Dancing GIF by Hollywood Suite

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 2

A Popster Is Born 18,535
On 6/19/2022 at 8:44 PM, Applause said:

Of course they are. Ones shared by many fans, if her album's user scores on AOTY are anything to go by. 

pills.jpg

either way talking about subjective music opinions > embarrassing unfunny posts about poo. :toofunny:

pills.jpg

You saying BloodPop, a respected, aknowledged, awarded music producer is talentless, is sure a subjective opinion but it’s also an opinion that is based on the lack of willingess to stay objective and to actually aknowledge that people who run this business and know their stuff, strongly disagree with you. But yeah, we are all allowed to share an opinion. 

Popster This Way 769
On 6/19/2022 at 7:34 PM, Applause said:

He is responsible for some of the cheapest production out of any of her albums, and you should say it. House music is supposed to be fun and Bloodpop is so talentless that he managed to produce her most BORING-sounding dance album to date. 

As you said there's nothing wrong with wanting better for our girl. She's deserves better than D-list instrumentals that any 16 year old bedroom DJ could whip up on Logic Pro in 2 hours. 

pills.jpg

doguinho-mastigando.gif

that's a lot of words

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 18,535
On 6/19/2022 at 8:47 PM, Dean SMASHchester said:

I like the song, but thank God I already ignored a certain user :peacega:

You know what, let me ignore him too actually. 
:icant:

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 14,856
On 6/19/2022 at 7:31 PM, Lazz Monster said:

That's pure conjecture, it's a fact that Joanne is a better album and the public agrees

not you saying that the posted above is pure conjecture just to follow with both a subjective claim and a fallacy :dead:

• paws up 1
  • lol 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,411
On 6/19/2022 at 8:23 PM, Lazz Monster said:

It's the highest selling song in the US this year

Hide contents

I've never heard it lol

Because the remaining Mariah fans mass bought its 4 versions in an atrempt to make it go #1 to the hot100, but it didnt. 

• lol 1

On 6/19/2022 at 7:49 PM, DonnieDarko said:

You saying BloodPop, a respected, aknowledged, awarded music producer is talentless, is sure a subjective opinion but it’s also an opinion that is based on the lack of willingess to stay objective and to actually aknowledge that people who run this business and know their stuff, strongly disagree with you. But yeah, we are all allowed to share an opinion. 

"People who run this business and know their stuff disagree with you" - where? Where and who are these people? The way you just make up anything. 

Girl he has won ZERO reputable awards as a producer (as shown on his Wiki) and ROM is his only Grammy - these are objective facts. He doesn't have anyone's respect as a producer and certainly not "people who run the biz and know their stuff".  :toofunny:

• paws up 2
  • lol 2

ARTPOPster 2,102
On 6/19/2022 at 7:07 PM, Dean SMASHchester said:

Computed it based on my desktop counter right now

without DWUW: 778,739,069

with DWUW (119,943,312): 898,682,381

xf3pBIH.png

JnD being the 5th track and still not even 15m streams :rip:

Anyway we all want what's best for her. I just hope she evolves beyond bloodpop after having him cling to her career for 6 whole years. Even if you are an apologist for him, you must surely see that it's now time for something fresh. :dragon:

ARTPOPster 1,685
On 6/19/2022 at 10:01 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

I can't believe this song from a commercial slaps so hard

and the video is hot

profitting off of pride month done right :icant:

that made me homophobic

On 6/19/2022 at 10:01 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

I can't believe this song from a commercial slaps so hard

and the video is hot

profitting off of pride month done right :icant:

Extremely offensive to my community (the potheads one)

• lol 1

Agreed that Gaga needs to deliver a magnum opus next, to be intended as a full body of work and possibly a visual album too. 

Time for her to pull a Beyoncé/Taylor and not caring about singles or radio, ageism and sexism are real when female artists enter their 30s. 

I feel like Gaga past 2011 has always had great ideas but always tried to maintain a mainstream appeal for the GP (and that looks strange from a girl who changed the music landscape with her first 3 albums): she wanted to do strong EDM with ARTPOP, country/pop-rock with Joanne and 90s house with Chromatica but she never went fully in those directions and always kept it “pop” and safe (compared to ASIB when she struck right at the core with those ballads and rightfully smashed).

Time to express her artistry fully and get that acclaim and success. 

• paws up 7
  • thanks 2
  • love 1