Charts Discussion Thread - Chromatica Stompage

corvus albus

Popster to Popster 4,488
On 6/19/2022 at 1:17 PM, yomama said:

Screenshot-6.png

ROM is still an ACCLAIMED masterpiece doe

Critics ate this up, and rightfully so. It could have been a cheap collab and the song’s serious themes about alcoholism and perseverance really elevated it. 

Edited by ConnorFilm
  • paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 18,532
On 6/19/2022 at 8:17 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

Basically every peer of Gaga's who is still as relevant/more relevant (in music only) than hers has had her universally critically acclaimed era: 

Beyoncé, Taylor, Rihanna, Lana.

I think neither of them was as polarizing, bold and in your face as Gaga, and I believe this is one of the reasons, she’s still being overlooked in this department. 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,280
On 6/19/2022 at 3:18 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Critics ate this up, and rightfully so. It could have been a cheap collab and the song’s serious themes about alcoholism and perseverance really elevated it. 

It won a Grammy for a reason :gaga-thanks:

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 18,532
On 6/19/2022 at 8:18 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Yeah, they loved it and you could feel it while reading the reviews. It was truly refreshing to see. 

Popster for Sale 44,971
On 6/19/2022 at 7:19 PM, DonnieDarko said:

I think neither of them was as polarizing, bold and in your face as Gaga, and I believe this is one of the reasons, she’s still being overlooked in this department. 

Lana's BTD was torn to shreds by critics and publications, as did her whole persona. The others I agree though. 

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,685
On 6/19/2022 at 9:18 PM, ConnorFilm said:

It's kinda GaGa's best song, sorry @ ARUTW/SHallow stans

• paws up 1
  • sad 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,411
On 6/19/2022 at 8:13 PM, zoldyck said:

Songs on TTH that Hold My Hand is outperforming

33 Hold My Hand 1.131M

Hide contents

19 Big Enery N/A
25 So Good N/A
26 She All I wanna Be 1M
28 Sweetest Pie 1.1M
37 1000 Miles 973k
38 True Love 1.120M
39 Die Hard 920k
41 Boyfriend 1.123M
42 In the stars 1.080M
43 Supermodel 1.045M
45 Die Young 967k
46 N95 1.096M
47 Love Nwantiti 896k

Big Energy is Out of the top200? :rip: tje only think that brought this song somewhere was us radio

A Popster Is Born 10,204
On 6/19/2022 at 3:21 PM, Andreu said:

Big Energy is Out of the top200? :rip: tje only think that brought this song somewhere was us radio

It's the highest selling song in the US this year

Spoiler

I've never heard it lol

Edited by Lazz Monster

On 6/19/2022 at 11:21 PM, Andreu said:

Radio doesn't count in UK and it is above Hold My Hand despite being N/A on spotify there as well. 

I guess, it having two versions split up the streams and don't help it on spotify charts.  

• paws up 1

On 6/19/2022 at 7:12 PM, yomama said:

I love Chromatica and it's a good album. There is NOTHING wrong with saying it coulda been a tad better, no need to get this defensive.

He is responsible for some of the cheapest production out of any of her albums, and you should say it. House music is supposed to be fun and Bloodpop is so talentless that he managed to produce her most BORING-sounding dance album to date. 

As you said there's nothing wrong with wanting better for our girl. She's deserves better than D-list instrumentals that any 16 year old bedroom DJ could whip up on Logic Pro in 2 hours. 

pills.jpg

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,280

"Te Felicito" is #12 (+8) and re-peaking in Spotify Global

She's also #2 in "Viva Latino" (playlist with 12M followers) and was previously #1 

:horse_race:

• love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,647
On 6/19/2022 at 3:30 PM, yomama said:

Big Energy has  always been N/A on Spotify, no idea how it charted high all over the world (and how did Mariah get the credit)

And how long has it been on TTH? How early did it get playlisted? If it's always been N/A, this is why I don't buy the idea that a song has to be consistently at 1M+ daily before it even gets considered. Mariah is not a streaming giant. Who's the other artist? Are they a streaming giant?

Edited by Dean SMASHchester

Popster for Sale 44,971
On 6/19/2022 at 7:34 PM, Applause said:

He is responsible for some of the cheapest production out of any of her albums, and you should say it. House music is supposed to be fun and Bloodpop is so talentless that he managed to produce her most BORING-sounding dance album to date. 

As you said there's nothing wrong with wanting better for our girl. She's deserves better than D-list instrumentals that any 16 year old bedroom DJ could whip up on Logic Pro in 2 hours. 

pills.jpg

A lot of these are just subjective opinions.

pills.jpg

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,971
On 6/19/2022 at 7:34 PM, Dean SMASHchester said:

And how long has it been on TTH? How early did it get playlisted? If it's always been N/A, this is why I don't buy the idea that a song has to be consistently at 1M+ daily before it even gets considered. Mariah is not a streaming giant. Who's the other artist? Are they a streaming giant?

Latto is a up and coming rapper, probably getting a big push from her label. The song is fun.

• thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,685
On 6/19/2022 at 9:34 PM, Dean SMASHchester said:

It's Latto's song and it's always been radio-driven song, here in the states at least

Spotify:

942de1bd19f8870a7fa793451dd2efc0.thumb.g
  • thanks 1