Charts Discussion Thread - Chromatica Stompage

corvus albus

Popster for Sale 44,971
On 6/19/2022 at 7:02 PM, yomama said:

BTW would've gotten at least 85+ with the poptimism and stuff

200.gif

Also TFM, but she needs to actually get it for it to have the intended effect. Once Gaga nabs one of the best albums of the year a lot of people will look back on those albums with a lot more respect and fondness I believe. Maybe this could help her be seen as less of a singles artists and her streaming numbers would get an overall boost. 

Edited by HoldMyOreos

A Popster Is Born 13,484
On 6/19/2022 at 11:32 PM, yomama said:

200.gif

The fact that even a big fat zero couldn't bring its overall score lower than 70 is a huge flex in my opinion :arguega:

• paws up 4
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 41,965
On 6/19/2022 at 7:01 PM, Miaou said:

the GP and the straights are stanning so hard HMH :rip: a 10/10 for him and one of her best songs according to him :rip:

the way this song has huge potential :rip:

Would NJ lie?

On 6/19/2022 at 6:57 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Talking about critical success, Chromatica having the best score out of her discography gives me that buzz. A little win for us, Chromaticans.

Screaming Lady Gaga GIF by Apple Music

There were several pop albums released in 2020 to real critical acclaim and Chromatica wasn't one of them. 

Pop-a-911-ster 26,647
On 6/19/2022 at 3:04 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

Once Gaga nabs one of the best albums of the year a lot of people will look back on those albums with a lot more respect and fondness I believe. 

Rihanna benefited hugely from this. She was always a weak albums artist and never a critical darling, but ANTi came in and suddenly her albums were revisited and one of the few criticisms against her was thrown out the window. ANTi having insane longevity in the BB200 also improved her album stats and chart run.

I know Gaga has the ability to come up with something very similar, she just needs a really good inspiration/eureka moment and remain dedicated to it.

• thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,685
On 6/19/2022 at 9:04 PM, Adarsh said:

The fact that even a big fat zero couldn't bring its overall score lower than 70 is a huge flex in my opinion :arguega:

The OG Slant magazine

tumblr_inline_nyecm3GFhl1ssflgq_500.gifv

On 6/19/2022 at 9:04 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

Also TFM, but she needs to actually get it for it to have the intended effect. Once Gaga nabs one of the best albums of the year a lot of people will look back on those albums with a lot more respect and fondness I believe. 

Yeah she still CAN but like as long as Bloodpop is around.. idk

ARTPOPster 1,685
On 6/19/2022 at 9:07 PM, Applause said:

There were several pop albums released in 2020 to real critical acclaim and Chromatica wasn't one of them. 

Yall remember that Regina George member pfft

200.gif

A Popster Is Born 18,527
On 6/19/2022 at 8:07 PM, Applause said:

How’s that relevant to what I’ve said and why do you feel the need to say this? Lmao. 

Chromatica gave her her best metacritic score ever. That’s all that matters to me. I love this album. Also 79 is a pretty good score overall.

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 18,527
On 6/19/2022 at 8:07 PM, yomama said:

The OG Slant magazine

tumblr_inline_nyecm3GFhl1ssflgq_500.gifv

Yeah she still CAN but like as long as Bloodpop is around.. idk

The same BloodPop that is her friend and that worked on this amazing album with her? It’s tiring. 

Edited by DonnieDarko

A Popster Is Born 18,527
On 6/19/2022 at 8:02 PM, yomama said:

200.gif

Yeah, if Slant wouldn’t give Chromatica this low score (as usual) the album would have crossed 80points. I guess poptimism didn’t work in favour of Godga. It never does. If anything, they just dislike her mostly. All of her scores are too low. 

• hugs 1

ARTPOPster 1,685
On 6/19/2022 at 9:10 PM, DonnieDarko said:

The same BloodPop that is her friend and that worked on this amazing album with her? It’s tiring. 

I love Chromatica and it's a good album. There is NOTHING wrong with saying it coulda been a tad better, no need to get this defensive.

Songs on TTH that Hold My Hand is outperforming

33 Hold My Hand 1.131M

Spoiler

19 Big Enery N/A
25 So Good N/A
26 She All I wanna Be 1M
28 Sweetest Pie 1.1M
37 1000 Miles 973k
38 True Love 1.120M
39 Die Hard 920k
41 Boyfriend 1.123M
42 In the stars 1.080M
43 Supermodel 1.045M
45 Die Young 967k
46 N95 1.096M
47 Love Nwantiti 896k

• paws up 13
  • thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 2

Popster for Sale 44,971
On 6/19/2022 at 7:07 PM, Dean SMASHchester said:

Rihanna benefited hugely from this. She was always a weak albums artist and never a critical darling, but ANTi came in and suddenly her albums were revisited and one of the few criticisms against her was thrown out the window. ANTi having insane longevity in the BB200 also improved her album stats and chart run.

I know Gaga has the ability to come up with something very similar, she just needs a really good inspiration/eureka moment and remain dedicated to it.

How could I forget about her! Yes of course. There are plenty of examples of what a universally acclaimed album can do for your career. 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 18,527
On 6/19/2022 at 8:12 PM, yomama said:

I love Chromatica and it's a good album. There is NOTHING wrong with saying it coulda been a tad better, no need to get this defensive.

I’m not defensive, not at all. I’m just saying that blaming BloodPop is illogical when one is praising Chromatica at the same time.

We’re good.

:prideheart:

Edited by DonnieDarko

A Popster Is Born 18,527
On 6/19/2022 at 8:13 PM, zoldyck said:

Songs on TTH that Hold My Hand is outperforming

33 Hold My Hand 1.131M

Hide contents

19 Big Enery N/A
25 So Good N/A
26 She All I wanna Be 1M
28 Sweetest Pie 1.1M
37 1000 Miles 973k
38 True Love 1.120M
39 Die Hard 920k
41 Boyfriend 1.123M
42 In the stars 1.080M
43 Supermodel 1.045M
45 Die Young 967k
46 N95 1.096M
47 Love Nwantiti 896k

That’s an interesting stat. Thanks!

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,971

Basically every peer of Gaga's who is still as relevant/more relevant (in music only) than hers has had her universally critically acclaimed era: 

Beyoncé, Taylor, Rihanna, Lana.

Peers who didn't get universally critically acclaimed eras include:

Katy, Miley (she's on the right path though) , Nicki, Demi. 

Edited by HoldMyOreos