Charts Discussion Thread - Chromatica Stompage

corvus albus

A Popster Is Born 12,762
On 6/19/2022 at 2:06 PM, Andraslop said:

That's what happens when you don't promote your album and pay it dust, I hope she learned the lesson (and that Billboard campaign was useless if she didn't bother to properly promote the album's music)

It’s sad that she may never be in that position again following ASIB, she built up a comeback plan performing, doing acting, using Jazz, doing SB and was able to climax in a dance album that got over with critics and a solid streaming debut after where she’d come from.

I have noticed subtly her team embracing her pride and critical  status; like chromatica itself being released right before pride, the BTW reissue, DoC. I do think she’s eventually going to go further with that mimicking a Charli/Rina shift where she gets even more acclaim and solidifies her legacy and place vs. Getting commercial smashes

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • sad 1

Popster for Sale 44,319
On 6/19/2022 at 2:32 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

It’s sad that she may never be in that position again following ASIB, she built up a comeback plan performing, doing acting, using Jazz, doing SB and was able to climax in a dance album that got over with critics. I have noticed subtly her team embracing her pride and critical  status; like chromatica itself being released right before pride, the BTW reissue, DoC. I do think she’s eventually going to go further with that mimicking a Charli/Rina shift where she gets even more acclaim and solidifies her legacy and place vs. Getting commercial smashes

mimicking a Charli/Rina-like career shift :icant:

HMH debut on a tuesday with barely any playlisting teas 

• lol 2

Popster to Popster 2,845
On 6/19/2022 at 2:51 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Tbf Chromatica got the promo that a streaming era album would get. Gaga had no extra obligation to appear on jay Leno to get an iTunes boost. fans did nothing but moan about Joanne relying on performances and discounts which was ‘out-dated’ and then she released a made for AirPlay and streaming album and did an awards show performance with a streaming giant, had one of the songs put on a perfume ad that was aired non stop for 3 months, and stans still pulled the no promo card :katy: I do agree that realm of promo could’ve gone further but it Did everything right on paper.

And on the other ‘hand’, HMH is on a smash movie airing everyday and was now put on TTH, it was pushed on radio. The reason performance promo would work in this case is cause of the audience it’s appealing to, and where the song is doing well (iTunes) as opposed to its struggle on playlists. 

Wait, Rain on Me went from #55 to #34 with performing at VMAs, Gaga is still sensitive to these promotions  

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 38,936

Mediabase

#36 (=) Hold My Hand 

Audience - 28.48M (+0.06)

horse flipping GIF

edit: Passed by Harry’s “Late Night Talking” but finally overcame Doha’s “Need to Know” 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 13

Pop-a-911-ster 30,318

It's official ladies

YouTube:

Sweetest Pie: 37.753.789

Hold My Hand: 38.048.812

Spoiler

and SP was released along with the video while HMH's video came later on so you could argue we would need to take the views from the official audio into consideration to make it a fair comparison

keep streaming fads!

• paws up 7
  • yaas, gaga 7

Popster This Way 646
On 6/18/2022 at 2:51 PM, GuiLM said:

For comparison purposes, Numb was added to TTH this friday as well, two positions below HMH (#35)

#99 (+19) Numb - Marshmello, Khalid (+177k) 

Also, the song was already growing fast (it jumped 29 positions the day before), while HMH fell 4 spots

My point is that things does not look that bad for HMH

#109 (-10) Numb - Marshmello, Khalid (-99k compared to yesterday)

HMH only lost 28k :happydance:

Edited by GuiLM
  • paws up 5

Pop-a-911-ster 29,547
On 6/19/2022 at 3:38 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Mediabase

#36 (=) Hold My Hand 

Audience - 28.48M (+0.06)

horse flipping GIF

edit: Passed by Harry’s “Late Night Talking” but finally overcame Doha’s “Need to Know” 

IT'S POSITIVE!!!!!!

x7ZNAbj.gif

• paws up 2
  • lol 2
  • yaas, gaga 2

A Popster Is Born 18,361
On 6/19/2022 at 3:32 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

I do think she’s eventually going to go further with that mimicking a Charli/Rina shift where she gets even more acclaim and solidifies her legacy and place vs. Getting commercial smashes

Internet Im Out GIF

• lol 2

The Popster 74
On 6/19/2022 at 3:10 PM, chartgaga said:

I mean you had different approaches

Taylor went more artsy way with just a performance/doc on folklore on Disney+ and relied on the heavy support from critics + album overall success commercially

Dua went more pop with heavy push by singles and constant performances

Don't forget Taylor performed at Academy of Country Music Awards to regain support from country voters - it certainly helped her get the AOTY

A Popster Is Born 14,730

so, long story short, y'all are telling me that, shockingly, the key to being AOTY-nominated is either caring –Taylor– or promoting your work to death –Dula– :applause:

who would have told me :applause:

• lol 7

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 6/19/2022 at 3:52 PM, czarnyptak said:

Don't forget Taylor performed at Academy of Country Music Awards to regain support from country voters - it certainly helped her get the AOTY

I mean folklore was her first project in 8 years to actually have a country song on it (betty) so it made sense as they were the only big events to still go on with plans

Taylor is smart enough to have voters in pretty much every categories

Gaga has some of pop votes, some of jazz but not all and some of Dance/Electronic but she never swept