Charts Discussion Thread - Chromatica Stompage

corvus albus

ARTPOPster 2,101
On 6/17/2022 at 9:33 AM, little legend said:

Cause Hold My Hand is the official theme song of the movie and also Gaga is a global superstar and not a D list singer. Even flops like WIG has over 100m playlist reach 

Gaga is a global superstar and yet she failed to enter top 200 most popular songs in the US after Top Gun's major debut. Cant you see thats more embarrassing than her not being on TTH first week? HMH is on its way to 100m playlist reach, I'd rather iz have it months after release than week 1.

On 6/17/2022 at 9:34 AM, corvus albus said:

You do know that great playlisting from the beginning and longevity are not mutually exclusive :icant:

For HMH? C'mon sis, you are long enough following the charts to know HMH wouldn't have been a major Spotify hit had it been added  at #1 on TTH with a cover week #1. :toofunny: 

On 6/17/2022 at 9:35 AM, little legend said:

Do you really think that HMH will have longevity on the playlists reach?:icant:

It's nice to be positive but let's be realistic. 

HMH will be dropped from TTHs in 2-3-4 weeks from now. It is already dropping from Hot Hits like in Canada. 

In a month from now it will have 30m playlist reach 

And I'm the negative one? :laughga:

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 6/17/2022 at 8:15 AM, corvus albus said:

This doesn't make much sense, but if true and good it might actually be fantastic :pray:

If the Gaga collab happens>>>>>>>>

Imagine. 

Also, imagine if Gaga releases ARTPOP ACT 2 and includes Out Of Control Remix with Beyoncé and Nicki 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩

Them repeating the same Telephone/Video Phone formula like in 2009/2010

@Adarsh

Edited by Mario Spears
  • love 1

Popster for Sale 41,574
On 6/17/2022 at 8:41 AM, Matteo Remondi said:

Why does Songstats report that Gaga has a new song called Hold My Centaur? IM SCREAMING

Maybe that's the noise in the intro :icant:

• shook 1

A Popster Is Born 12,762
On 6/17/2022 at 8:50 AM, Swallow said:

Gaga is a global superstar and yet she failed to enter top 200 most popular songs in the US after Top Gun's major debut. Cant you see thats more embarrassing than her not being on TTH first week? HMH is on its way to 100m playlist reach, I'd rather iz have it months after release than week 1.

For HMH? C'mon sis, you are long enough following the charts to know HMH wouldn't have been a major Spotify hit had it been added  at #1 on TTH with a cover week #1. :toofunny: 

And I'm the negative one? :laughga:

her team isn't the best, but i remember monsters also said ROM was pulled from pop radio early, when it debuted with horrid dead last callouts on the format and was hated by 18-24 listeners. it was getting -0.5m AI updates before they stopped advertising it. clearly it had peaked and was being dropped; and we see that with other noisy pop singles from 30+ women. 

I just think its not as easy as what we think when it comes to radio and playlisting

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 4
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 14,730
On 6/17/2022 at 9:59 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

I just think its not as easy as what we think when it comes to radio and playlisting

maybe not radio, but having connections with playlist curators seems to be sth that Interscope fails horribly :bebe:

ARTPOPster 2,101
On 6/17/2022 at 10:13 AM, ViviLittleM said:

Well radio isn’t counted on UK Single Chart, hopefully TTh also gives a boost in the Uk

New peak this week (#23) then 3 new Drake songs will debut above it. So maybe in 2 or 3 weeks.

ARTPOPster 2,101
On 6/17/2022 at 10:14 AM, ConnorFilm said:

Wait, really? Why not? That seems odd. 

Its not odd, its normal  :toofunny:. US and Canada are one of the last countries in the world to count radio on their charts.

• shook 2
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 41,574
On 6/17/2022 at 9:14 AM, ConnorFilm said:

Wait, really? Why not? That seems odd. 

Yes. The UK chart is a lot better than the US one.

• Only up to 3 entries from an artist can chart, so no album bombs.
  • Accelerated Chart Ratio makes recurrent hits go off the charts faster.
  • Only up to 12 tracks contribute to the album chart, with the top 2's streams contribution decreased to the average of the next 10's. So, you don't get mega hits carrying the entire album
Edited by BenG
  • paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 12,762

not surprised at my country dropping HMH despite stability on tunes and a cute shazam peak, they ignored MR, played ARUTW for a week before dropping it.. they stan clean bandit and one hit wonder dance like ella henderson :billie: