Charts Discussion Thread - Chromatica Stompage

corvus albus

Pop-a-911-ster 27,280
On 6/9/2022 at 3:38 PM, Adarsh said:

No Time to Die is also the perfect example that shows us that The Academy will vote for their favourite song no matter what happens. It was released a whole two years in advance and still won over fresher candidates. 

For sure. They care a f- about charts. They vote what they want to.

ARTPOPster 1,685
On 6/9/2022 at 9:33 PM, Adarsh said:

The fact that Hold my Hand has already outlasted No Time to Die by Billie Eilish on the Billboard Hot 100 :dead:

She released the song 1.5 years before the movie and 3 weeks before Covid

tumblr_inline_nyecm3GFhl1ssflgq_500.gifv

Pop-a-911-ster 27,280
On 6/9/2022 at 3:41 PM, yomama said:

She released the song 1.5 years before the movie and 3 weeks before Covid

tumblr_inline_nyecm3GFhl1ssflgq_500.gifv

and what about that? The movie was delayed yes and that affected the song but covid?

ARTPOPster 1,685
On 6/9/2022 at 9:44 PM, emig_09 said:

and what about that? The movie was delayed yes and that affected the song but covid?

What about what? I guess the beginning of Covid hasn't affected any of new releases?

Pop-a-911-ster 27,280
On 6/9/2022 at 3:47 PM, yomama said:

What about what? I guess the beginning of Covid hasn't affected any of new releases?

what about what b*ch a song was released and was on streaming platforms anyways

Edited by emig_09

On 6/9/2022 at 2:38 PM, Adarsh said:

No Time to Die is also the perfect example that shows us that The Academy will vote for their favourite song no matter what happens. It was released a whole two years in advance and still won over fresher candidates. 

wbk they're lazy af when it comes to non film tech categories, voting for the most recognizable and established franchise theme song. tho Billie would've lost had Disney not f**ed up their submissions w Bruno 

Pop-a-911-ster 27,280
On 6/9/2022 at 3:53 PM, ViviLittleM said:

Me when I lie

she's like pooping on that picture

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 13,483

Did you guys know that Madonna used to have actual nightmares about Whitney surpassing her on the charts? :dead:

“I dreamt that I opened up Billboard Magazine and my song had dropped to Number Three and Whitney Houston’s had gone to Number One,” she said. “And then I went down to my voice teacher’s studio, where I take lessons, and I walked in, and she was humming Whitney Houston’s song. And I was devastated. This is what I’m dreaming about!”

• shook 1
  • lol 11

Pop-a-911-ster 27,280
On 6/9/2022 at 4:01 PM, Adarsh said:

Did you guys know that Madonna used to have actual nightmares about Whitney surpassing her on the charts? :dead:

“I dreamt that I opened up Billboard Magazine and my song had dropped to Number Three and Whitney Houston’s had gone to Number One,” she said. “And then I went down to my voice teacher’s studio, where I take lessons, and I walked in, and she was humming Whitney Houston’s song. And I was devastated. This is what I’m dreaming about!”

Obsessed about charts... the old Taylor Swift 

• paws up 1
  • lol 3

Pop-a-911-ster 30,406
On 6/9/2022 at 9:01 PM, Adarsh said:

this is so pathetic, specially considering she was not exactly paid dust in the charts

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 44,968
On 6/9/2022 at 8:01 PM, Adarsh said:

Whitney and then the "voice teacher's studio" sends me :icant:

her subconscious terrorizing her because she can't sing :rip: 

• lol 3