Charts Discussion Thread - Hold My Hand - out now!

PanPikus

Popster for Sale 57,526
On 5/27/2022 at 6:16 PM, emig_09 said:

97 +41 Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand (From “Top Gun: Maverick”) [Official Music Video] 779,367

+15k compared to last update

Rising so fast :dead:

At this rate assuming it doesn't improve it will be doing 1.1M+ by tomorrow at this time :talent:

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 44,968
On 5/27/2022 at 5:19 PM, BenG said:

Next, he will say that HMH is her biggest song ever :applause:

and then go on a ban rampage to everyone that doesn't agree with him :icant:

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 44,968
On 5/27/2022 at 5:19 PM, Fame Romance said:

+15k compared to last update

Rising so fast :dead:

At this rate assuming it doesn't improve it will be doing 1.1M+ by tomorrow at this time :talent:

tragic 

Pop-a-911-ster 23,477

Who's been tracking the daily YT/Spotify streams? I feel like they've been mirroring each other the past 2 weeks, but someone can put them side to side to confirm if they mostly match.

Maybe we can have an idea of how the Spotify Friday number looks like by looking at Youtube.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,205

There’s no excuse for such awful playlisting.  Literally none.

Don’t tell me this just another soundtrack song when it’s actually been promoted to radio like a proper single.

Also it’s not just another movie, it’s literally one the biggest movies of the year, tracking to debut with an insane 100 million.

Sigh. Just sigh.

• paws up 5
  • thanks 3

A Popster Is Born 16,862
On 5/28/2022 at 12:16 AM, ConnorFilm said:

Exactly! Tell that to the admin on GGD. He actually said that a 30 million playlist was good for this type of song (a ballad). 

Kirill knew nothing :icant:

A Popster Is Born 16,862
On 5/28/2022 at 12:22 AM, OnionGirl said:

There’s no excuse for such awful playlisting.  Literally none.

Don’t tell me this just another soundtrack song when it’s actually been promoted to radio like a proper single.

Also it’s not just another movie, it’s literally one the biggest movies of the year, tracking to debut with an insane 100 million.

Sigh. Just sigh.

This.. it's just incompetence :gunga:

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 711
On 5/27/2022 at 6:18 PM, radio said:

Ariana is bigger on streaming. It debuted on TTH, and then plummeted. It didn't have to earn a spot there. I'm not saying all soundtrack singles don't get big pushes, I'm saying Gaga's soundtrack single is not going to get lead single treatment.

Shallow and ARUTW are streaming smashes.

Taking into account that, If I were Bobby or Intercope, knowing how well can do Gaga's soundtrack singles, I would definetly promote them and give them a lead single treatment. At least that is what makes sense from a business point of view. They are just letting die a potential hit that could benefit themselves.

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,968

I agree that the song should have gotten more playlisting, there are no excuses but you guys have been complaining about it for the past 12 hours :toofunny:  Discussions are fine but but when it gets to the point of insulting Gaga's team on social media that shouldn't be encouraged... just 'harass' them for playlisting 

Edited by HoldMyOreos
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,645
On 5/27/2022 at 1:14 PM, BenG said:

He doesn't need to be on top to know he can do it 'cause he's strong enough to know the truth

So his model of music management and promotion is based on flop single G.U.Y. Case closed

If You Say So Shrug GIF

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,645
On 5/27/2022 at 1:18 PM, radio said:

I'm saying Gaga's soundtrack single is not going to get lead single treatment.

One would think after the immense success of ASIB, people would tune in to Gaga's next soundtrack project. :excuseme: Gaga isn't exactly a nobody in streaming to not also be considered

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,645
On 5/27/2022 at 1:29 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

when it gets to the point of insulting Gaga's team on social media that shouldn't be encouraged

This is true. We should just keep it in the depths of stan fora :toofunny:

• love 1