Charts Discussion Thread - Hold My Hand - out now!

PanPikus

Pop-a-911-ster 26,510
On 5/15/2022 at 7:46 AM, Ms I am a local said:

You are having the biggest meltdown for HMH’s playlisting when we don’t even know if they have it planned for the 27th. Like… wait until the movie is out? Maybe? Then judge?

We're talking about her catalog/discography in general 

• paws up 3

I still think HMH won’t do much on streaming, but I just hope it becomes the biggest smash of her in Spotify just for you to take the biggest L in your life. Damn the conversation is getting BORING :enigma:

Popstanne 9,721
On 5/15/2022 at 3:46 PM, Ms I am a local said:

You are having the biggest meltdown for HMH’s playlisting when we don’t even know if they have it planned for the 27th. Like… wait until the movie is out? Maybe? Then judge?

we are judging for lack of playlisting before 27th. Artists have song on TTH for 9-10 months, somehow Gaga can't get a song on it, one month prior. And we are supposed to act like its normal :rip: 

• paws up 4

Pop-a-911-ster 31,844

Gaga needs to understand that to be a legend she needs commercial success among the GP i.e huge streaming numbers in the 2020s 

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 13,402

In the end, I don’t think they care about numbers anymore. And you don’t need numbers to be a legend. Cher and David Bowie didn’t even sell a fraction of what Madonna sold  in her career. Barbra Streisand’s best selling album sold ‘only’ 5m copies in the US. But are they any less remembered or valued than Madonna? 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,510
On 5/15/2022 at 7:51 AM, Adarsh said:

In the end, I don’t think they care about numbers anymore. And you don’t need numbers to be a legend. Cher and David Bowie didn’t even sell a fraction of what Madonna sold  in her career. Barbra Streisand’s best selling album sold ‘only’ 5m copies in the US. But are they any less remembered or valued than Madonna? 

No but they definitely help if you're always in discussions about record sales/streams. It also correlates that the music clicks to more people, ergo more people also remember you and potentially pass their likes to their kids. How many of you here listen to certain music because your parents kept playing them?

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 18,410
On 5/15/2022 at 12:43 PM, Ms I am a local said:

Maybe if y’all didn’t consider your own opinions the rules of the world… I thought by now the Shallow is not iconic enough, it’s a buzz single storyline should have taught you something :cm:

Maybe if you would read through the discussion carefully, you would also quote another member who said that Chromatica’s songs weren’t good enough to come back to them, hence why its streaming numbers aren’t as good as expected. I was just playing with the same idea here. 

On 5/15/2022 at 12:49 PM, Ms I am a local said:

I still think HMH won’t do much on streaming, but I just hope it becomes the biggest smash of her in Spotify just for you to take the biggest L in your life. Damn the conversation is getting BORING :enigma:

No wonder you find it boring when you only see half of the story. And this is just unnecessary, as people were kinda civil and respectful in their opinions. No need to divide us, sis. 

A Popster Is Born 13,402
On 5/15/2022 at 4:22 PM, Andreu said:

bad bunny getting three solo US top 10s effortlessly :applause:

I suggest you block that user. He’s a racist and transphobe :icant:

• shook 1