Charts Discussion Thread - Hold My Hand - out now!

PanPikus

Pop-a-911-ster 26,491
On 5/3/2022 at 9:53 AM, Aloe said:

Wait so objectively speaking among the rock tracks you feel that HMH is better than I don’t wanna close my eyes? :ew:

No. What I'm saying is IDWCMYE is a good song

Popstanne 9,920
On 5/3/2022 at 9:48 AM, Swallow said:

We are just being realistic, the song is luckluster and the current numbers are not promising. The way some of you think you are bigger stans if you are saying its one of her best song and its doing great :rip:

It could still end up Being a cute hit. We need to wait for the reaction after the movie's release.

It could be a huge flop too, or even a smash, you don't know

I do know I'll love the song either way

Her ballads are always top tier for me

The Fame Popster 333

The drama (and that's coming from me)! It's a standalone SOUNDTRACK single, ffs. Yes, such an overblown reaction from a lot of fans rests a lot on Gaga, since unlike an Ari - whose fans didn't meltdown over DCMA / DLU - she's always starved fans of content between eras, and her albums now have 1 heavily promo'd single. Still,

1. Comparing it to ASIB / studio albums is unfair and setting it up for failure. This is ONE song in support of a film she has no passion or stake in, unlike Shallow or even TITHTY.
  2. The song was written ~3 years ago for a film that's been delayed 100x allowing a crazed fanbase to become more crazed over time as the hype built up.
  3. LOL! This NOT a comeback single; was TIHTY her comeback from ARTPOP? Please.

Also, it's f*cking 8:48 EST in the U.S. -- WHO CARES WHAT THE STATS ARE NOW? This will only build as the film gets more and more exposure (obviously why the MV has yet to be released - the context of the actual film will help it succeed and vice versa). ISN'T THIS WHAT YOU ALL HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT/WANTED? 

She turned me off a TON with her handling of Chromatica, but I didn't mass-consume LFS because it was an album of covers of songs I don't like. That's that. I won't be purchasing jockstrap bundled singles off LG7, but I'll always check out her new music and evaluate it fairly based on what the purpose of it is. 

• paws up 3
  • love 1

ARTPOPster 1,827
On 5/3/2022 at 8:55 PM, Dean TANKEDchester said:

No. What I'm saying is IDWCMYE is a good song

Then I guess I worded it wrongly. I meant that among the rock tracks, HMH is the worst because the others are much more superior like miles ahead than HMH 

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 5/3/2022 at 3:54 PM, Azor Ahai said:

iTunes USA flopping, Gaga should cancel all Chromatica dates there :tea:

Not everyone is focused on iTunes at this moment on twitter because of this 

• thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,827

Ms Diane must have been like damn gaga U should have called me I could have elevated the song much further 

Edited by Aloe

Moderator 17,110
On 5/3/2022 at 2:46 PM, danwasd said:

i hate to be THAT person, but the song even though is beautiful feels long for me :fall:

It's like 4 minutes of simple melody, like it's trying to get there but it fails it remembers my ex lmao

Which one of the ten?

cover4.jpg

• sad 1
  • lol 1

The Fame Popster 333
On 5/3/2022 at 8:57 AM, Aloe said:

Then I guess I worded it wrongly. I meant that among the rock tracks, HMH is the worst because the others are much more superior like miles ahead than HMH 

Haven't you been b*tching about how Gaga "needs" to serve you better vocals, more generic/"straight"-friendly lyrics... ?? The title is "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing," by the way, so clearly it must have been a flop since "oh em gee, the GP can't even remember its title!!!!#%R#$%#$^%#$"

How can anyone say HMH is miles above or below anything less than 12 hours after its release and without the F*CKING FILM it was written for released and mass-consumed yet? Aerosmith's song was a smash hit because of the emotional connection between it and the film, as with My Heart Will Go On and countless more... people can critique HMH as a song (its lyrics, production, whatever) if they want, but all of the ingredients that go into making this a hit have yet to even be fully released or experienced. 

And, everyone here has been demanding this be a hit... so, like, wait?

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 13,395
On 5/3/2022 at 6:32 PM, Azor Ahai said:

Do we know anything about a music video? I think it would really help for youtube stats.

Even if it's a Tom Cruise trailer...:katy:

There’s a music video directed by the movie’s director. Didn’t you see the clip Gaga posted last week?