Charts Discussion Thread - Hold My Hand - out now!

PanPikus

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 5/30/2022 at 4:57 PM, BenG said:

Only album? L4S is right there :whatga:

we all knew L4S would do nothing for her commercially and was just a "vanity project" to give Tony his last hurrah

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 18,487

The Kate Bush song is used in such a powerful, beautiful and impactful moment. I still have chills. And I listened to it at least 10 times today.

:rip:

Edited by DonnieDarko

Pop-a-911-ster 27,687
On 5/30/2022 at 4:57 PM, Miaou said:

Some of her stans were so sure Gaga would’ve been nominated at the Oscars :katy_pie:

Some of her stans were so sure Gaga would’ve smashed with the exposure of a blockbuster :katy_pie:

Some of her stans were so sure Gaga would’ve won Album of the Year at the Grammy with Tony’s last album :katy_pie:

the truth is (and I already said that before) that we just need to be humble and to always low our expectations 

It wasn´t just "some of her fans". Nearly every critic expected an oscra nom for Gaga and many predicted L4S to win AOTY.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 16,862
On 5/30/2022 at 10:45 PM, Miaou said:

What I expected for HMH with the exposure of TG :toofunny:

It's clear HMH is just not that catchy.. :bradley:

It's a grower not a shower.. in longevity we trust :shakes:

• paws up 2
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,280
On 5/30/2022 at 12:02 PM, FRANZGA said:

well I've added it on my personal playlist of course and it's like... does not fit... it's great for sure but not enough to smash ala Shallow which I have to admit I listened in the radio last week and still gave me chills

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 18,487
On 5/30/2022 at 5:01 PM, Gagacharts said:

It wasn´t just "some of her fans". Nearly every critic expected an oscra nom for Gaga and many predicted L4S to win AOTY.

Unrelated but brings me joy - as far as we’re talking about critics’ opinion - Chromatica is her best critically reviewed album to date.

:legend:

Pop-a-911-ster 31,937
On 5/30/2022 at 5:01 PM, Gagacharts said:

I know but even with the support of professionals we need to be humble cause we never know :katy_pie: 

• paws up 1

On 5/30/2022 at 3:54 PM, ViviLittleM said:

You were delulu if you thought it would rise that high so few days after the movie release and specially without playlist supports. This will take time but HMH will become a hit in the long run. I just know it.

It’s giving “LFS will win AOTY” energy bestie 

• thanks 1
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,937
On 5/30/2022 at 5:02 PM, FRANZGA said:

For me the verses, pre chorus and bridge are very catchy and amazing in the same time

the only problem is the chorus, it is not memorable and catchy but her voice is incredible 

let’s not talk about this intro tho :katy_pie:

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,280
On 5/30/2022 at 12:07 PM, Miaou said:

For me the verses, pre chorus and bridge are very catchy and amazing in the same time

the only problem is the chorus, it is not memorable and catchy but her voice is incredible 

still hoping for a radio version without that ugly intro

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 5/30/2022 at 5:57 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Why? 

Song is great, its critically acclaimed, It's actually doing pretty good on iTunes (people are not buying it bc they dont like it) and we actually see that the GP is searching for her song (top 10 on Shazam WW) and its actually still not doing bad on Spotify with that pathetic playlist reach. They need to get more familiar with her song imo

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 16,862
On 5/30/2022 at 11:07 PM, Miaou said:

Same but i learned to love it.. and now i love everything about it :bradley:

• love 1

A Popster Is Born 18,487
On 5/30/2022 at 5:08 PM, LGMonster95 said:

Song is great, its critically acclaimed, It's actually doing pretty good on iTunes (people are not buying it bc they dont like it) and we actually see that the GP is searching for her song (top 10 on Shazam WW) and its actually still not doing bad on Spotify with that pathetic playlist reach. They need to get more familiar with her song imo

Thanks, tho I have to say that if HMH is critically acclaimed, so is SL. 
:legend:

Pop-a-911-ster 31,937

ARUTW is such a huge smash :bradley: 

It will cross 800M streams on Spotify and it is almost at 900M views with the fanmade videos :bradley:

Pop-a-911-ster 23,477
On 5/30/2022 at 4:21 PM, emig_09 said:

#85 -4 Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand (From “Top Gun: Maverick”) [Official Music Video] 831,164

Well it's over :lmao:

83 = Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand (From “Top Gun: Maverick”) [Official Music Video] 851,776

Well it's started

• paws up 13
  • lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 26,645
On 5/30/2022 at 12:09 PM, FRANZGA said:

Same but i learned to love it.. and now i love everything about it :bradley:

HMH is a definite grower because my wife, my family all needed several listens before it caught on. Probably why Grace Randolph didn't even realize Gaga was singing. Basically it needs to be pushed not just through the movies. But we probably won't get anything else anymore

• paws up 1