Charts Discussion Thread - Hold My Hand - out now!

PanPikus

Pop-a-911-ster 26,651
On 5/30/2022 at 10:12 AM, DonnieDarko said:

No but seriously what’s going on with the playlisting? Can anyone offer a plausible explanation? It’s so strange. 
:scared:

Legends don't need streams :applause:

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 5/30/2022 at 3:12 PM, DonnieDarko said:

No but seriously what’s going on with the playlisting? Can anyone offer a plausible explanation? It’s so strange. 

it's weird cause tbh the streams are not bad for this low of playlist reach, either this is the OG push it was supposed to have in April-May 2020 due to Chromatica being out at the same time and they only were able to negotiate a radio push this time or I don't know

A Popster Is Born 18,550
On 5/30/2022 at 3:15 PM, chartgaga said:

it's weird cause tbh the streams are not bad for this low of playlist reach, either this is the OG push it was supposed to have in April-May 2020 due to Chromatica being out at the same time and they only were able to negotiate a radio push this time or I don't know

Wait, that is actually the best explanation so far.

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 5/30/2022 at 4:12 PM, DonnieDarko said:

It's way too strange even for Interscope, I mean as much as people say they suck, if we look at the past 2 Gaga albums (ASIB and Chromatica) they actually put multiple of her songs in TTH so It's not like they don't know. Maybe promo is coming later (I'm just guessing here) or maybe the purpose of the song is just to be in the movie...

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,651
On 5/30/2022 at 10:15 AM, chartgaga said:

On 5/30/2022 at 10:17 AM, DonnieDarko said:

Wait, that is actually the best explanation so far.

Negatiate with whom specifically? I find it hard to believe they can't re-negotiate with Spotify unless artists somehow pre-book their playlisting 2 years into the future and Spotify is like "no sorry, our TTH is fully booked for 2022". Unless you mean the label and promo :excuseme: Still iffy on that, but our luck says that's par for the course

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 18,550
On 5/30/2022 at 3:19 PM, Dean SMASHchester said:

Negatiate with whom specifically? I find it hard to believe they can't re-negotiate with Spotify unless artists somehow pre-book their playlisting 2 years into the future and Spotify is like "no sorry, our TTH is fully booked for 2022". Unless you mean the label and promo :excuseme: Still iffy on that, but our luck says that's par for the course

It’s not like we have any other even remotely possible explanation. And I believe it, in fact, may be the case here. 

A Popster Is Born 18,550
On 5/30/2022 at 3:18 PM, LGMonster95 said:

It's way too strange even for Interscope, I mean as much as people say they suck, if we look at the past 2 Gaga albums (ASIB and Chromatica) they actually put multiple of her songs in TTH so It's not like they don't know. Maybe promo is coming later (I'm just guessing here) or maybe the purpose of the song is just to be in the movie...

Imo, that’s exactly it. I don’t think any promo is coming. 

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 5/30/2022 at 3:25 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Imo, that’s exactly it. I don’t think any promo is coming. 

I mean, she will probably just sing it at the Oscars/GRAMMYs if she doesn't have any other song out by the time and of course The Chromatica Ball

I guess they could still secure some playlisting along the way, who knows

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029

okay just checked the overall radio updates for everyone and yes it's def a general bad updates for artists

the biggest being Lizzo gaining 0.840 AI yesterday overall but apart from it, everything's in the 0.006-0.500 range with most being negative updates

• paws up 7

Popster for Sale 41,979
On 5/30/2022 at 2:32 PM, chartgaga said:

okay just checked the overall radio updates for everyone and yes it's def a general bad updates for artists

the biggest being Lizzo gaining 0.840 AI yesterday overall but apart from it, everything's in the 0.006-0.500 range with most being negative updates

Memorial Day weekend effect