Charts Discussion Thread - Hold My Hand - out now!

PanPikus

Popster This Way 712
On 5/29/2022 at 8:27 AM, Andreu said:

Spotify WW 

Potion #25 (-7) 

Despite the massive playlist reach growth in the second day :applause: amazing for their standards

I really hope a young thug free version gets released. he’s bad.

Popster for Sale 44,754
On 5/29/2022 at 1:20 PM, Dean TANKEDchester said:

For real though if HMH doesn't end up having decent Spotify growth, I'm really really concerned about Gaga's next release (whether major or side project) commercially

Lady (HAC/ballad/JazzGa)

L4S - bomb, didn't just tank on streaming--it also pulled down Gaga's overall streams

HMH - remains to be seen--increasing but growth is very small so far

Gaga (dark bawps/popGa)

Chromatica - barely OUTdid Joanne and ARTPOP in different metrics, frontloaded mess

It's like she has this appeal to broad demographics but she keeps losing their support everytime she swings back and forth between Lady and Gaga :toofunny: And I don't mean first day or first week numbers, I mean her commercial performance in the long run. It's just going to keep harder and harder for her to score a hit

If she didn't have great Touring stats, one would think she has little star power currently

yes honestly I don't see her doing well unless she reinvents herself in a way that can bridge the gap between these two demographics 

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 2,930
On 5/29/2022 at 2:31 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

yes honestly I don't see her doing well unless she reinvents herself in a way that can bridge the gap between these two demographics 

Chromatica had potential as Hold My Hand has potential, the truth is that people don't care if she does pop or ballads because they consider her a great artist, the problem is that if her music is not known to people it will never be appreciated. The only artist who goes from minimalist to pop music is Taylor, who being promoted a lot, is successful in both cases. Gaga's music is recognizable and universally loved by audiences independent of the musical genre

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,345
On 5/29/2022 at 8:58 AM, DawnTheApprenticeJockey said:

it’s first friday was it’s spotify streams peak i fear 

Also the day where it had the NMF playlisting. This song would EASILY be going over 1M daily (especially now with the movie out) if it weren’t for ABYSMAL support 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 3
  • sad 1

A Popster Is Born 11,572
On 5/29/2022 at 12:51 PM, Mario Spears said:

The fact that HMH is getting the The Cure treatment is beyond me. 😭😩

HMH has just the video, The Cure at least got the TTH and other playlists 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1
  • love 1

Popster for Sale 41,856

“HMH would be bigger than Potion with TTH” will become the new “TC would be bigger than NRO with a music video” :icant:

• lol 3

Pop-a-911-ster 23,081

It was never going to chart on Spotify today. It needed 850k on the counter, and it's almost impossible to go from 780k on Friday to 850k on Saturday. Even Shallow didn't increase that much.

• paws up 5
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 5/29/2022 at 3:13 PM, PanPikus said:

HMH has just the video, The Cure at least got the TTH and other playlists 

And i mean, HMH is better