Charts Discussion Thread - Hold My Hand - out now!

PanPikus

The Fame Popster 442

If the song keeps rising in streams, the playlisting will improve. Bobby and Gaga's team aren't to blame here. They don't work at Spotify, all they do is pitch the song. It's not Rain On Me or Stupid Love, it's a power balled for a soundtrack single. It was never going to get the same push.

Pop-a-911-ster 29,936
On 5/27/2022 at 5:36 PM, radio said:

If the song keeps rising in streams, the playlisting will improve. Bobby and Gaga's team aren't to blame here. They don't work at Spotify, all they do is pitch the song. It's not Rain On Me or Stupid Love, it's a power balled for a soundtrack single. It was never going to get the same push.

Was No Time To Die added straight away?

Pop-a-911-ster 29,026
x3

If we thought like that then Shallow was never going to be the timeless monster smash classic that it is. 

We already have been cheated from a timeless super megasmash classic aka ARUTW, so we suffered enough to let another hit go away

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2

Popster for Sale 44,972
On 5/27/2022 at 4:37 PM, ViviLittleM said:

of course it was, it's a Billie song during her peak though so no wonder

Popster to Popster 4,488
On 5/27/2022 at 10:38 AM, HoldMyOreos said:

of course it was, it's a Billie song during her peak though so no wonder

That song did quite decent overseas, but as big as the James Bond franchise is, it peaked at a mere #16 and was on the BH100 for just three weeks. To be fair, however, COVID really messed that song's potential up since the movie was delayed for a year.

Edited by ConnorFilm

Popstanne 9,820
On 5/27/2022 at 8:36 PM, radio said:

Please if Katy team can manage to get 3 times more playlisting for WIG, and Charlie XCX team can manage to get 2 times more playlisting for her song. Then the issue is not "working at spotify", the issue is them clearly not even trying. 

• paws up 5

A Popster Is Born 10,029

Potion on AM

Apple Music:

#47 Ireland

#58 Fiji

#59 Malta

#59 New Zealand

#67 United Kingdom

#70 Oman

#77 Lithuania

#77 United Arab Emirates

#89 Bahrain

#90 Lebanon

#93 Australia

#101 Cyprus

The Fame Popster 442
On 5/27/2022 at 11:37 AM, ViviLittleM said:

I'd assume so. Billie's a streaming giant.

On 5/27/2022 at 11:38 AM, Imperial Admin said:

If we thought like that then Shallow was never going to be the timeless monster smash classic that it is. 

We already have been cheated from a timeless super megasmash classic aka ARUTW, so we suffered enough to let another hit go away

It's not that it can't be a hit, it's just that the push for Rain On Me or Stupid Love is going to be treated differently than a single for the Top Gun Movie.

A Popster Is Born 14,856

can't read your point between all that cupcakeness

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,651

I need Gaga and her team to realize that legacy building is NOT hurt by having good streams. It only ADDS to it. There should be no reason they can't try to make every project also do better commercially even if the main purpose is for acclaim.

Case in point: L4S was done as a passion project to celebrate Tony, and was primarily for acclaim, but Gaga kept promoting L4S on her socials and also did different covers to boost sales. So why can they put an effort on a project that was not meant and clearly was never going to sell well, yet not do the same for HMH, which has more chances of being more commercially successful?

really_dean_supernatural.gif

• paws up 7
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,936
On 5/27/2022 at 5:48 PM, ConnorFilm said:

It's Bobby's birthday today? I hope he has a great day! He should stop by the Spotify office and ask executives if they need their candles blown out. spacer.png

heard he's celebrating with Britney's boyfriend

• lol 4