Charts Discussion Thread - Hold My Hand - out now!

PanPikus

Pop-a-911-ster 26,654
On 5/15/2022 at 8:23 AM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Nah I’m good I just love a good table flip gif :icant: I already know my b*ch is a legend

On 5/15/2022 at 8:18 AM, MANiCURE1295 said:

as if Gaga isn’t already a certified Hollywood Icon

:ohhh:

Pop-a-911-ster 30,423
On 5/15/2022 at 1:28 PM, Dean TANKEDchester said:

By the way since Gaga is already a legend and doesn't need streaming, I'm sure you guys will understand if I just stopped streaming her altogether yes?

girl control GIF

I think everyone apreciates your sercice but the truth is you definitely care about her streaming figures more than her and her team so it's not even about us :icant:

• paws up 5

Tbh I think that at this point we all love her unconditionally for the artist and person she is, who wanted to leave because of “lack of commercial success” has already left.

But despite recognizing that she’s a respected legend (something her and Bobby started to work on PERFECTLY since 2014), it’s fine to recognize that she needs streaming success too because she’s been very inconsistent for most of her career at this point (but this DOESN’T change the fact that she’s a legend anyway), we’re on a charts thread after all. 

• paws up 7
  • thanks 3

On 5/15/2022 at 1:00 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Maybe if you would read through the discussion carefully, you would also quote another member who said that Chromatica’s songs weren’t good enough to come back to them, hence why its streaming numbers aren’t as good as expected. I was just playing with the same idea here. 

No wonder you find it boring when you only see half of the story. And this is just unnecessary, as people were kinda civil and respectful in their opinions. No need to divide us, sis. 

1. Just because someone said that about Chromatica, it doesn't make it right about what you said of HMH. And I honestly missed it. Music is subjective. And about the lack of streams, we've been shown the performance of other songs from OST compared to HMH. We have to be patient before judging.

2. LM are already divided. That's the main problem of the fanbase. We have the HAC Music lovers who only want that type of music or the TFM people who are still stuck in 2010.

3. It's always the same "we are flopping, Gaga is a flop" conversation over and over again, and it's tiring, yes.

4. It seems like LMs are almost kind of expecting her to flop all the time. I'll apologise if anyone felt bad for my words, but it's sad to read the same comments about how she's flopping because she deserves it, she doesn't promote or she does "bad" music. It's tiring.

Edited by Ms I am a local
  • paws up 2
  • hugs 1
  • thanks 2
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,654
On 5/15/2022 at 8:32 AM, Andreu said:

I think everyone apreciates your sercice but the truth is you definitely care about her streaming figures more than her and her team so it's not even about us :icant:

:excuseme:

On 5/15/2022 at 8:39 AM, Thrasher said:

we’re on a charts thread after all.

On 5/15/2022 at 12:49 PM, zoldyck said:

we are judging for lack of playlisting before 27th. Artists have song on TTH for 9-10 months, somehow Gaga can't get a song on it, one month prior. And we are supposed to act like its normal :rip: 

It's not normal, I haven't said that at all. In fact, I myself have complained of the lack of support. And I've said it's embarrading how she gets treated as a B-List singer on streaming. But it seems that you are expecting a Dua Lipa type of payola and Gaga is already 15 years in her carreer.

Interscope just doesn't care. But still... Maybe the 27th the streaming support starts. I prefer to judge the bigger picture rather than a small fraction of it. We have to wait and calm down before we complain again about how mishandled she is.

Edited by Ms I am a local
  • paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 18,574
On 5/15/2022 at 1:47 PM, Ms I am a local said:

1. Just because someone said that about Chromatica, it doesn't make it right about what you said of HMH. And I honestly missed it. Music is subjective. And about the lack of streams, we've been shown the performance of other songs from OST compared to HMH. We have to be patient before judging.

2. LM are already divided. That's the main problem of the fanbase. We have the HAC Music lovers who only want that type of music or the TFM people who are still stuck in 2010.

3. It's always the same "we are flopping, Gaga is a flop" conversation over and over again, and it's tiring, yes.

4. It seems like LMs are almost kind of expecting her to flop all the time. I'll apologise if anyone felt bad for my words, but it's sad to read the same comments about how she's flopping because she deserves it, she doesn't promote or she does "bad" music. It's tiring.

You really quoted the wrong person. I’m basically never being like what you’re 1-2-3-4 points are saying. Next time pay more attention if or when you would like to criticize my choice of words.

The fact you missed it, doesn’t mean it’s ok to call me out for something, when in fact I was playing along. Instead of dropping it, you’re patronizing me. You were wrong. If it’s this tiring, maybe it’s time to take a break? Idk. 

There is nothing wrong with what I’ve said about HMH. I don’t think the song is good. Since when people are not entitled to have opinions? And for the record, what they’ve said about Chromatica also was not wrong, they were entitled to share their opinion. 

Edited by DonnieDarko

Popstanne 9,826
On 5/15/2022 at 4:56 PM, Ms I am a local said:

It's not normal, I haven't said that at all. In fact, I myself have complained of the lack of support. And I've said it's embarrading how she gets treated as a B-List singer on streaming. But it seems that you are expecting a Dua Lipa type of payola and Gaga is already 15 years in her carreer.

I don't know why people always give examples of extremes to justify the worst. First she isn't Ariana Grande, now she isn't Dua Lipa. 

Like there are variety of artists that receive good playlisting (but not Dua Lipa level), The playlisting support simply is abysmal right now. And no I don't want it be Dua Lipa level, nor do I expect it to be. I just want playlisting to be good

anyway @Thrasher summed up my thoughts better than I could have. And I am simply done with this topic. 

Edited by zoldyck
  • paws up 4
  • thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,423
On 5/15/2022 at 2:04 PM, Dean TANKEDchester said:

Alright fine no more essé from me :leap:

My point is actually that we/you can write as many essays as you want  but what we cannot do is step in and do what her team should do :disappointed:

Pop-a-911-ster 29,943

I don't wanna feel this way no more I don't wanna feel this weight I'm sick of hiding from myself I don't wanna feel this pain I don't wanna run far from my home I don't wanna lose my way I don't wanna be afraid no more I don't wanna play this game

Sad Pauly D GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny

• yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1