Charts Discussion Thread - Hold My Hand - out now!

PanPikus

Popster for Sale 44,874
On 5/12/2022 at 2:12 PM, Dean TANKEDchester said:

But we need them to STREAM

«those details will have to make room next to the melody of Lady Gaga’s end credits anthem “Hold My Hand,” which is used as score throughout the film to wonderful effect. »

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 6

Making conclusions on the streaming performance of HMH seems a bit premature, it’s current playlisting isn’t even remotely close to decent at the very least, so it’s current streaming is based on people actively looking for it or repeat streams, which is great when you realise it’s not drastically falling anymore. The label/film studio needs to get their absolute sh!t together and start rolling out these trailers, the fact there’s no sponsored adverts, TV spots, or cinema trailers featuring this song is quite frankly bizarre, and it really puts their “slow burn strategy” approach into question when they can’t even muster something like that before film release. 

NB: it took seven (7) days for the song to even get added to her own playlist, never mind any others :lmao:  So at the moment, her streaming numbers have nothing to do with nobody caring, and everything to do with nobody knowing 

Edited by DawnTheApprenticeJockey
  • paws up 4
  • thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 12,829
On 5/12/2022 at 2:19 PM, DawnTheApprenticeJockey said:

Making conclusions on the streaming performance of HMH seems a bit premature, it’s currently playlisting isn’t even remotely close to decent at the very least, so it’s current streaming is based on people actively looking for it or repeat streams, which is great when you realise it’s not drastically falling anymore. The label/film studio needs to get their absolute sh!t together and start rolling out these trailers, the fact there’s no sponsored adverts, TV spots, or cinema trailers featuring this song is quite frankly bizarre, and it really puts their “slow burn strategy” approach into question when they can’t even muster something like that before film release. 

NB: it took seven (7) days for the song to even get added to her own playlist, never mind any others :lmao:  So at the moment, her streaming numbers have nothing to do with nobody caring, and everything to do with nobody really knowing 

My miss bestie spilt, @Dean TANKEDchester. HMH is not a list cause, it just needs a ridiculous amount of push to ‘take off’ looking at these reviews, I feel like Once the film comes out rsdio and streaming that didn’t give Hand a chance will have egg on their face.

also agree it’s time to do more for the song in reference to trailers 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,586
On 5/12/2022 at 10:19 AM, DawnTheApprenticeJockey said:

Making conclusions on the streaming performance of HMH seems a bit premature, it’s current playlisting isn’t even remotely close to decent at the very least, so it’s current streaming is based on people actively looking for it or repeat streams, which is great when you realise it’s not drastically falling anymore

As one of the essé writers in the past pages, I want to clarify I'm talking about her entire discography's performance. Even then, with a new single out, there should be no reason we're falling OUT of daily top 10 females when Katy stayed there for 4 months for a decent but lukewarm new song

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 26,586
On 5/12/2022 at 10:22 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

My miss bestie spilt, @Dean TANKEDchester. HMH is not a list cause, it just needs a ridiculous amount of push to ‘take off’ looking at these reviews, I feel like Once the film comes out rsdio and streaming that didn’t give Hand a chance will have egg on their face.

also agree it’s time to do more for the song in reference to trailers 

On 5/12/2022 at 10:22 AM, Dean TANKEDchester said:

As one of the essé writers in the past pages, I want to clarify I'm talking about her entire discography's performance. Even then, with a new single out, there should be no reason we're falling OUT of daily top 10 females when Katy stayed there for 4 months for a decent but lukewarm new song

:excuseme:

Popster for Sale 44,874

«The muscular score by Harold Faltermeyer, Lady Gaga and Hans Zimmer also pulls its weight, with Gaga’s song, “Hold My Hand,” getting prime romantic placement. »

from IndieWire 

• paws up 4
  • yaas, gaga 8