Charts Discussion Thread - Hold My Hand - out now!

PanPikus

im gonna need this chorus to be blasting across a commercial for top gun and have it serviced to global television networks in the week or two leading up to the film because THAT is the type of exposure that’s gonna get this song off the ground 

• paws up 1

Popstanne 9,481

WHEW i was driving home from the gym right now and I heard HMH on LA’s HAC station (2nd biggest HAC) and then 5 minutes later I heard it on San Diego’s HAC station. :dead:

At 5:30 pm and 5:35pm during rush hour traffic :dead:

btw i live in a more north part of SD now so my signal is able to get LA stations still

Edited by Arturo
  • paws up 14
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

The Fame Popster 333
On 5/6/2022 at 6:35 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Yeah. It’s around 100k likes at this moment and I expected it to be at 200k by now. This movie will make or break it. If it doesn’t go top 10, oh well. We have the next album. I think a lot of fans are shrugging and are ignoring this. This isn’t a lead single or a pop song with another female singer. Audiences will decide if this soars or crashes.  

Oh, really? You think the huge audiences attending the film it was written for just might impact the songs performance? Shocking.

Here I was convinced it’d never recover from the reception of its massive 4.1M playlist reach on Tuesday. The exposure of a blockbuster film has nothing on Pop Rising, right? 

Remember the time “My Heart Will Go On” debuted at #1 on BB100 before anyone had even seen Titanic? And, it plummeted every week afterwards as more people saw / were reminded of the disgusting storyline of Jack and Rose? Oh. Wait.

A Popster Is Born 14,856

Why there's no between with y'all? Is either Never Worn White by Katy or the OST from Titanic :rip:

• lol 7

The Fame Popster 333
On 5/6/2022 at 7:56 PM, DawnTheApprenticeJockey said:

im gonna need this chorus to be blasting across a commercial for top gun and have it serviced to global television networks in the week or two leading up to the film because THAT is the type of exposure that’s gonna get this song off the ground 

Yes! How did the idiots behind this film forget that “Take My Breath Away” was a Bubbling Under flop until it got on TTH + ads in between soap operas?! 

If only being part of the emotional climax of the most anticipated film of the year could possibly provide some decent exposure to this soundtrack song… they really need to get a Nicki Minaj + Justin Bieber remix out asap! 

The Fame Popster 333
On 5/6/2022 at 8:48 PM, danwasd said:

Why there's no between with y'all? Is either Never Worn White by Katy or the OST from Titanic :rip:

My point isn’t that it’s ever going to be as successful as Titanic, though. The point is that it’s a soundtrack song, not a Pop single. NWW wasn’t written for a blockbuster movie, and even after it came out, was OUT-OUT. 

It’s literally too soon to call this anything- success OR flop. And that people think one 500k or 10M update on Spotify will define it either way when the movie has yet to take off is just stupid. 

Pop-a-911-ster 27,297

YT WW

#80 NEW Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand (From “Top Gun: Maverick”) [Official Music Video] 1,003,199

• paws up 8

Pop-a-911-ster 27,297
On 5/6/2022 at 10:17 PM, emig_09 said:

YT WW

#80 NEW Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand (From “Top Gun: Maverick”) [Official Music Video] 1,003,199

#64 (+16)

• paws up 7