Charts Discussion Thread - Hold My Hand - out now!

PanPikus

Pop-a-911-ster 27,681
Gaga´s overall Spotify streams:

26.04: +6.925.085 
27.04: +7.150.056*
28.04: +7.150.057*
29.04: +7.576.033 
30.04: +7.256.390
01.05: +6.285.014
02.05: +6.640.946 
03.05: +8.043.876 [+1.12M more than last week]

Total - 13.811.898.575

*Chartmasters updated 27/28.04 together, so I calculated the average.
  • paws up 15

Popstanne 6,180

note if that One Republic song isn't in the movie itself or credits, it wouldn't be eligible for BOS. and since HMH apparently goes into the credits following the closing scene, the OR song would have to be played somewhere in the movie to be eligible or else N/A awards season

Pop-a-911-ster 27,137
On 5/4/2022 at 3:30 PM, Gagacharts said:

So our fanbase is able to gain 900k Spotify streams withhout playlist support. That´s not that bad.

yep. And 1.1M in YouTube

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 5/4/2022 at 9:46 PM, Andreu said:

He clearly hasnt visited this forum

Some of you wont be able to grow a potato with the level of patience (and that will be with drama aswell) :icant:

Pop-a-911-ster 28,933
x3
On 5/4/2022 at 8:31 PM, ViviLittleM said:

FAT dark red update

Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand
  1.0000 1.0000 1.0000 1.0000 1.0000 1.0000
Lizzo - About Damn Time
  0.4435 0.3861

Amazing for it's standards

The Fame Popster 333
On 5/4/2022 at 3:05 AM, HoldMyOreos said:

But how does it promote the movie if no one is aware of it? Couldn't it have been playlisted properly since the beggining? Anyway I hope you're right.

I haven’t caught up but it’s simple math and logic (not trying to be condescending). The average film stays in theaters 4 weeks. There is a max # of tickets to be sold each day/week; this song isn’t aiming to debut atop the charts / sell unlimited albums for an artist. 

It’s been *36* hours since release. Why would the studio invest all its promo $ and influence the first 36 hours of a 4 week sprint? It was released because it’d be silly to hold it back when people will be hearing it in theaters, but what’s better? A 5M Tues debut on Spotify with full playlisting  + MV day 1 of ~30…

Or, let WOM + awareness build from a soft release, initial screenings, positive media and social media reception, and Radio AI, and roll out promo to increase reach as the film gets into the heart of its release cycle? 

All of us will still stream Friday. The MV will reach more GP who will stream / buy tickets / discuss; playlist support will do the same. The cycle will continue: promo driving exposure > (hopefully) compounding # of listens / ticket sales… instead of blowing all promo Day 1, influencing the smallest and most limited amount of people and potential ticket buyers. 

Wish I could write short stories instead of novels. Sigh. 

Edited by JustJames

The Fame Popster 333
On 5/4/2022 at 2:05 PM, DawnTheApprenticeJockey said:

yeah, none of it makes sense, the argument that they were gonna use the songs release to sell tickets is void considering the song is DOA so far; it’s still not on her official spotify playlist, nor is it featured anywhere on any relevant spotify playlisting. 

Unless the playlisting is coming on friday, what’s the strategy in place which prevented the song coming out in time for the movie release hype?  

Gee, how did My Heart Will Go On ever manage to become a hit without the magic of playlisting ?!? Jesus. You guys are so single-minded. I get it re: a normal Pop single, but at the very least, admit you have no idea how to apply your understanding of those with the tactics of a blockbuster film.

People will leave the theater with this song fresh in their minds; therefore, it was released to start its slow buildup. Has everyone forgotten the reviews from early screenings ?? All the Gaga praise / impact… forgotten because of 36 hour streams?

An OR song nobody mentioned? A shame Whitney’s “I Will Always Love You” was overshadowed by Brandys “Sitting Up In My Room” … oh wait. 

What a smart move it would be for the studio to waste every promo move opening week which is obviously going to sell amazingly well, instead of increasing on Friday to build / maintain the momentum….