Charts Discussion Thread - Hold My Hand - out now!

PanPikus

Popster to Popster 2,978

Now I don't want to shade anyone, but many songs with a mild melody that have become great hits: Man Down, Easy on Me, Love on the Brain, As it Was, Driver License and Stuck with U are all examples that come to mind. (I repeat I don't want to shade these artists also because I love them) 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,567
On 5/3/2022 at 3:15 PM, Thrasher said:

Chile we’re gonna carry on until February/March if this song gets nominated for BOS

Meltdown when there’s a proper reason, not just for the sake of it :uhh:

The song is basically a lock for BOS nomination already, Gaga being an Oscar winning songwriter AND having the song be in a picture that will probably at worst get a couple other tech nominations and the narrative of the TMBA being an Oscar winner and HMH following in their footsteps already gives Gaga the BIGGEST narrative so far this year. We’ll see what happens but I doubt they find 5 other songs to nominate over HMH.

The meltdowns for what will probably be an Oscar nominated track :billie:

(and no I don’t want to hear about BA race this year, completely different category and way tougher year)

edit: Taylor’s song from WTCS, maybe a BP 2 song, maybe something from Disenchanted/Disney Song and then maybe Avatar 2 will have an original song. But so far nothing down the line that screams upset..granted it’s still early but people on r/Oscarrace are already calling this the “first lock of the season” 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1

The Popster 70
On 5/3/2022 at 8:22 PM, corvus albus said:

HMH now has a 40% lead over the #2 song on iTunes Germany

Gaga beating Harry Styles :applause:

talent finally winning yassssss

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,693

The good thing about "Hold My Hand" is, that the upcoming weeks will be interesting to track. Since it definitely has chances to increase.

So no "Chromatica" situation where Gaga drops something and than it decreases for months.

• paws up 5
  • thanks 1
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 5/3/2022 at 10:23 PM, Gagacharts said:

The good thing about "Hold My Hand" is, that the upcoming weeks will be interesting to track. Since it definitely has chances to increase.

So no "Chromatica" situation where Gaga drops something and than it decreases for months.

Exactly, it will only grow from here (more enjoyable than to see a song debut with high numbers and then drop a lot) 

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 4,488
On 5/3/2022 at 2:31 PM, ReadyGaga said:

I still remember my mental breakdowns after seeing Rain On Me left the top 10 after 5 weeks :katy:

Meh. It is what it is. She’s an older female in the music industry. Shallow was only in the top 10 for seven weeks despite how massive it was with the gp.

Edited by ConnorFilm
  • paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,297
On 5/3/2022 at 4:31 PM, ReadyGaga said:

I still remember my mental breakdowns after seeing Rain On Me left the top 10 after 5 weeks :katy:

when we thought it was going to stay there for 20 weeks :laughga:

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 2,978
On 5/3/2022 at 9:33 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Meh. It is what it is. She’s an older female in the music industry. Shallow was only in the top 10 for seven weeks despite how massive it was with the gp.

But Shallow had longevity, as did MR even though it only had one week in the top 10. Rain On Me instead fell into its fifth week with a minimal sales difference from #10.

Pop-a-911-ster 27,297

YT WW

#139 NEW Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand (From “Top Gun: Maverick”) [Official Audio] 596,185

• paws up 7

Popster to Popster 2,978
On 5/3/2022 at 9:37 PM, emig_09 said:

when we thought it was going to stay there for 20 weeks :laughga:

Even someone on GGD said that ROM would break Gaga's #1 week record:bradley:

• lol 2

A Popster Is Born 18,577
On 5/3/2022 at 9:38 PM, ReadyGaga said:

But Shallow had longevity, as did MR even though it only had one week in the top 10. Rain On Me instead fell into its fifth week with a minimal sales difference from #10.

Shallow can’t be compared with many songs. It was a song from a highly successful movie and it’s promotion basically never ended, it lasts to this day. ASIB is streaming 24/7 for more than 3 years now on various platforms all around the world. MR has a great Spotify stats, sure, but we really have got to remember its performances. ROM was released and left to rot.

Popster to Popster 2,978
On 5/3/2022 at 9:43 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Shallow can’t be compared with many songs. It was a song from a highly successful movie and it’s promotion basically never ended, it lasts to this day. ASIB is streaming 24/7 for more than 3 years now on various platforms all around the world. MR has a great Spotify stats, sure, but we really have got to remember its performances. ROM was released and left to rot.

In fact if Rain On Me had had a performance between week 2 and 3, plus a timely release of the remixes it might have ripped another two weeks into the top 10. 

Pop-a-911-ster 22,837

i really think the MV and movie scene will lift this song to heights. Especially since the movie scene is supposedly very emotional ans important in the plotline. The song isn’t that strong on its own, but the movie and song together will create a perfect symbiosis. Shallow wouldn’t be a smash without the movie and the emotionality of it either