Charts Discussion Thread - Hold My Hand - out now!

PanPikus

The Popster 145

ngl I had to pretend to to care about the HoG era. other than Gaga her amazing performance it really was a terrible movie.

I don't want gaga to be in the position again of having to rescue a movie from being totally unwatchable. She needs a movie that operates at her level and a director as committed as she is.

Ridley really just turned up for the cheque knowing that Gaga was going to do all the heavy lifting for him.

Queen deserves better next time. 

• thanks 2
  • lol 1

ARTPOPster 1,641
On 5/1/2022 at 4:20 PM, Applause said:

ngl I had to pretend to to care about the HoG era. other than Gaga her amazing performance it really was a terrible movie.

I don't want gaga to be in the position again of having to rescue a movie from being totally unwatchable. She needs a movie that operates at her level and a director as committed as she is.

Ridley really just turned up for the cheque knowing that Gaga was going to do all the heavy lifting for him.

Hopefully next time she picks a better role.

• thanks 1
  • lol 1

• PanPikus changed the title to Charts Discussion Thread - Hold My Hand - TOMORROW!
A Popster Is Born 11,830
On 5/1/2022 at 6:20 PM, Applause said:

It was not terrible and it gave Gaga another acclaimed performance and award nominations so it did its job :applause:

• paws up 3

The Popster 145
On 5/2/2022 at 12:28 AM, Doncho said:

It was not terrible and it gave Gaga another acclaimed performance and award nominations so it did its job :applause:

The film didn't do that.. Gaga did.. That's the point.

Gaga can be relied on for a great performance but we should want her filmography to be quality also. Hog is not quality. 

• paws up 1
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 11,830
On 5/1/2022 at 9:23 PM, Applause said:

The film didn't do that.. Gaga did.. That's the point.

Gaga can be relied on for a great performance but we should want her filmography to be quality also. Hog is not quality. 

Its impossible to predict how will critics react to a movie. Of course Gaga and her team want to be part of only good movies. Clearly HoG wasnt as well recieved as they expected. It could of been WAY worse lol

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1