Charts Discussion Thread - Hold My Hand - out now!

PanPikus

A Popster Is Born 16,862
On 4/29/2022 at 8:06 AM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Yup.. May 2/3 Adds, May 9 Impact :giveup:

Obviously this will do far better than TIHTY if the label is confident enough to send it to radios.. 

• paws up 3

On 4/28/2022 at 2:17 PM, BenG said:

Sounds like a song that will end up with lukewarm success. Most tweets just said it’s divine and fitting. Not much mention of its catchiness and being memorable.

Do people calling it a classic and a hit for Gaga in addition to a banger and a bop not imply memorability and catchiness? :dead:

• paws up 2
  • thanks 6

A Popster Is Born 16,862
On 4/29/2022 at 8:44 AM, Arturo said:

Do people calling it a classic and a hit for Gaga in addition to a banger and a bop not imply memorability and catchiness? :dead:

I mean HELLO sounds like an indtant classic but i dont find it catchy.. the "HELLO" first word is iconique tho

Pop-a-911-ster 27,280
On 4/28/2022 at 10:59 PM, Arturo said:

Why did I just notice that all of Taylor's last 3 Pop radio singles peaked at #17 on the format :rip: 

Cardigan
Willow
Message In A Bottle

:dead: 

They all did great on HAC/AC though

It seems Pop radio forgets to play a female song after the singer is plus 30 year-old :overit:

On 4/28/2022 at 7:23 PM, emig_09 said:

It seems Pop radio forgets to play a female song after the singer is plus 30 year-old :overit:

Yeah, I mean MIAB's peak is warranted but Cardigan and Willow were #1's, they deserved at least to get close to the Top 10.

I know we're scared of album bombs but I really think Future, Jack, Kendrick, and Harry can help push out a lot of songs that just won't die to to FINALLY become recurrent. And they're all coming before May 27.
Some of the songs, for example, are Fancy Like (#41), Good 4 U (#33), and Levitating (#21). They need to drop below #50 to GTFO.

• paws up 2

On 4/28/2022 at 7:52 PM, Arturo said:

I know we're scared of album bombs but I really think Future, Jack, Kendrick, and Harry can help push out a lot of songs that just won't die to to FINALLY become recurrent. And they're all coming before May 27.
Some of the songs, for example, are Fancy Like (#41), Good 4 U (#33), and Levitating (#21). They need to drop below #50 to GTFO.

correcting this. Levitating is so old it just needs to drop below #25 :dead:

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,862

Just watched Ava Max's MV, great visuals :applause:

I like the song now, but i still feel that the chorus doesnt hit hard and kinda disjointed from the verses/production.. it fits the stripped sown guitar prod in the end more

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,835
On 4/29/2022 at 1:20 AM, admin said:

I often find other people describe songs in a very different way than I would. Totally agree with you. Better to judge on our own. 

Plus we gotta keep in mind that these people are not stans, so it’s harder for them to describe it. Most likely they just knew You And I and Joanne and thought it sounded most similar to them because it’s a ballad 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,835
On 4/29/2022 at 6:08 AM, FRANZGA said:

From the first reactions, my only complaint is that it's only played in the end credits :nicki_scream:

Omg this is all i wished for, an 80s/90s influenced rock ballad :darkmode:

• paws up 2
  • love 2