Charts Discussion Thread - Hold My Hand - out now!

PanPikus

Pop-a-911-ster 39,348

One minute this base is like “The Sun lies all the time don’t even believe them and their articles it’s probably bullshit” and then the next day we’re like “omg where  is the hype why is the GP NOT HYPED because of The Sun article wtf 60-OUT incoming”

spit take GIF

edit: it’s really quite comical honestly 

Edited by MANiCURE1295

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382
On 4/25/2022 at 7:27 PM, Fame Romance said:

Fun Fact: Bam Bam by Camila Cabello, an alleged flop, has now outpeaked every T person single in France since... I Don't Wanna Live Forever (barely sings in it) 5+ years ago :billiecat:

must because it's a better more exciting single :applause:

A Popster Is Born 11,573
On 4/25/2022 at 7:06 PM, Delusional said:

It’s gonna debut in the 60s and then drop off the next week :mess: 

There is no hype for this song outside stan twitter nnn :mess: movie sure! 

Sounds like OGHs wet dream. 

Not that I am surprised though :jailga:

We'll keep rooting for OUR fave though, you don't need to be bothered :telephone:

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 13,402
On 4/25/2022 at 10:59 PM, Fame Romance said:

Tbh I don't count out a 60-OUT into oblivion situation 

Soundtracks from hit movies don't always become hits and I think we've had many examples of that

4822-F10-C-89-F9-4226-9751-7-A072-FDA860

Give me a few examples other than Spirit :lesson:

Edited by Adarsh

ARTPOPster 1,832

Camilla really spiked bam bam with something because I’m now a fan of it :bebe: that bam bam bam hook omg it’s stuck in my mind 

Edited by Aloe

Popster for Sale 44,755

I think it's going to have a cute top 10-20 debut, depending on the promo/how good the song is

Worried about how it's going to tumble down the weeks after but I doubt it will be OUT before the movie, which will hopefully make the song re-peak 

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 57,272
On 4/25/2022 at 7:38 PM, Adarsh said:

Give me a few examples other than Spirit :lesson:

Just Look Up by Ariana for the movie Don't Look Up which is one of the biggest movies in Netflix history had TTH and everything and tanked harder than Titanic (the song sucks tho)

No Time To Die by Billie was only a moderate hit compared to some other James Bond songs and coming off a mega smash era

Beautiful Ghosts by Taylor is from a movie that still grossed 110M dollars despite being panned AF

Popster This Way 756
On 4/25/2022 at 7:43 PM, GucciOreos said:

I think it's going to have a cute top 10-20 debut, depending on the promo/how good the song is

Worried about how it's going to tumble down the weeks after but I doubt it will be OUT before the movie, which will hopefully make the song re-peak 

That's actually realistic:katy: that's a first.

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 756
On 4/25/2022 at 7:49 PM, Dean TANKEDchester said:

Hold My Hot100 will debut at #23 then fall until the movie starts showing, then word of mouth will cause it to repeak and eventually hit #1 x8 weeks :darkmode:

:laughga::enigma:

A Popster Is Born 13,402
On 4/25/2022 at 11:15 PM, Fame Romance said:

Just Look Up by Ariana for the movie Don't Look Up which is one of the biggest movies in Netflix history had TTH and everything and tanked harder than Titanic (the song sucks tho)

No Time To Die by Billie was only a moderate hit compared to some other James Bond songs and coming off a mega smash era

Beautiful Ghosts by Taylor is from a movie that still grossed 110M dollars despite being panned AF

I actually don’t mind it being similar to No time to die. That was a cute top 20 and is certified platinum. It can be like The Cure pt. 2 

Pop-a-911-ster 31,828
On 4/25/2022 at 7:17 PM, GucciOreos said:

our fanbase really thrives on extremes

Miaou: 12.993.122 daily streams for HMH 

Delusional: 60-OUT, won't even reach 50M on spotify

:icant:

reality: SL'd, 300M streams after 2 years :toofunny:

Bottoms love extremes numbers :gaycat::gaycat::gaycat:

• lol 5