Charts Discussion Thread - Hold My Hand - out now!

PanPikus

Popster for Sale 44,755
On 4/25/2022 at 10:41 AM, Delusional said:

Honestly after the chart performances of L4S and DOC I have 0 doubt Top Gun song will be a flóp. The song wasn’t even in the trailer..? :banana: If it’s not played during a decent part of the movie as rumoured then forget about hitting 50M on Spotify never mind  another Oscar nnn :rip:

the unwarranted pessimism I-

Delusional

Chromatica album tracks are hitting 50M and an actual single for one of the most anticipated movies of the year won't?

Delusional

Edited by GucciOreos
  • thanks 5

What concerns me the most is that we’re approaching summer and a ballad couldn’t fare well the way it would during fall/winter with the GP.

But I hope I’ll be wrong and they’ll pull all the stops to make it a cute hit at least. 

Popster to Popster 2,930
On 4/25/2022 at 11:41 AM, Delusional said:

Honestly after the chart performances of L4S and DOC I have 0 doubt Top Gun song will be a flóp. The song wasn’t even in the trailer..? :banana: If it’s not played during a decent part of the movie as rumoured then forget about hitting 50M on Spotify never mind  another Oscar nnn :rip:

Well DoC made nearly 8 million on Spotify on day one, for a 14-track remix album in collaboration with half-known artists at the GP and after a year the release of the  abandoned main album is a huge achievement. 

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 12,825
On 4/25/2022 at 9:43 AM, GucciOreos said:

looking at the spotify 200 there's plenty of room for a grand ballad

Ed and Adele lowkey failed to deliver this era so the GP are probably thirsty for it

Adele defintiely delivered with EOM, but the interesting thing is that song is dying/dead now. Its almost as if there is an opening for a summer ballad that could carry into fall/award season....

:bigbird:

OT:

I wonder if Pablo's fun tonight is platinum in Brazil yet

Popster for Sale 44,755
On 4/25/2022 at 11:10 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Adele defintiely delivered with EOM, but the interesting thing is that song is dying/dead now. Its almost as if there is an opening for a summer ballad that could carry into fall/award season....

:bigbird:

OT:

I wonder if Pablo's fun tonight is platinum in Brazil yet

yes lettuce pray the song and movie are good :bigbird:

Popster to Popster 2,930

Maybe  we have to consider that HMH will be a power ballad, therefore more similar to Shallow / Wildest Dreams / Diamonds /TTGA. A power ballad, in the midst of the more pop and festive songs, is generally well accepted by the GP during the summer 

A Popster Is Born 12,825
On 4/25/2022 at 11:06 AM, ReadyGaga said:

Well DoC made nearly 8 million on Spotify on day one, for a 14-track remix album in collaboration with half-known artists at the GP and after a year the release of the  abandoned main album is a huge achievement. 

these projects were projects fans wanted, so the firstr 24 hrs are always decent. The first 24 hrs could be a bit more muted for TopGun song. Honestly id prefer something like a top 100 debut on Spotify then slow growth. Gaga could really do with something like that for her career. However, i really am not expecting much. it could end up being a flop like WIG with better chart peaks if the song is too long and artsy or w/e :bigbird:

A Popster Is Born 13,402
On 4/25/2022 at 2:31 PM, PanPikus said:

Only 5 possible Fridays left xDD 

4 actually. The movie is coming out on the 25th of May.

Edited by Adarsh
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,755
On 4/25/2022 at 11:17 AM, ReadyGaga said:

Maybe  we have to consider that HMH will be a power ballad, therefore more similar to Shallow / Wildest Dreams / Diamonds /TTGA. A power ballad, in the midst of the more pop and festive songs, is generally well accepted by the GP during the summer 

I've heard ARUTW vibes so I fear that might not be the case 

Popster for Sale 44,755
On 4/25/2022 at 11:18 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

these projects were projects fans wanted, so the firstr 24 hrs are always decent. The first 24 hrs could be a bit more muted for TopGun song. Honestly id prefer something like a top 100 debut on Spotify then slow growth. Gaga could really do with something like that for her career. However, i really am not expecting much. it could end up being a flop like WIG with better chart peaks if the song is too long and artsy or w/e :bigbird:

I might be wrong but I feel like fans will want to check out a new Gaga single, regardless of it being for a ST as opposed to a new album, then it's up to the GP

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 2,930
On 4/25/2022 at 12:18 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

I think that unlike her latest releases she is really forced to promote, after all it is the soundtrack of a film not a song of hers. Also if the song is in a decent part of the movie and it's good it will have longevity as ARUTW. More than at WIG it could perform as The Cure (a nice top 40 hit with decent streams + decent public acclaim). But then again, we cannot compare this song to the rest of her discography because we cannot predict the reception by the public (in this case a public very different from Little Monster). 

Popster to Popster 2,930
On 4/25/2022 at 12:21 PM, GucciOreos said:

I've heard ARUTW vibes so I fear that might not be the case 

Well Always Remember Us this Way is still more "energetic" than Easy on Me

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,825
On 4/25/2022 at 11:23 AM, GucciOreos said:

I might be wrong but I feel like fans will want to check out a new Gaga single, regardless of it being for a ST as opposed to a new album, then it's up to the GP

i dont trust fans after LFS not reaching is potential first week :bigbird: But hopefully they will support it!!

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382
On 4/25/2022 at 12:31 PM, GucciOreos said:

what does that mean? did they try to interview them? lmao

I think he is implying he heard it back then and was not impressed

A Popster Is Born 12,825
On 4/25/2022 at 11:31 AM, GucciOreos said:

what does that mean? did they try to interview them? lmao

On 4/25/2022 at 11:37 AM, Andreu said:

I think he is implying he heard it back then and was not impressed

a britney stan commented 'ill take a pass on that' and then it derailed the thread. he was referencing that comment, but i think its a positive thing.

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,505
On 4/25/2022 at 6:12 AM, GucciOreos said:

yeah the day it comes out only matters if we assume it's going to be a frontloaded mess :katy:

When has it ever been not a frontloaded mess except for MR and Shallow? :icant:

• lol 3