Charts Discussion Thread - Hold My Hand - out now!

PanPikus

Popster for Sale 44,771

Saw this comment on fadtrl and yeah basically this:

«People have to realize the soundtrack for Top Gun in the 80s was HUGE, it went 9x Platinum and "Take My Breath Away" was a MASSIVE #1 hit worldwide. They are obviously trying to replicate that so the Gaga song will be meant to be a hit, get a radio push, music video, etc. It's not just going to be chucked out there. »

If it flops, and it could flop despite the push obviously, it's not the end of the world but it's not just a cute side project not mean for the charts in the vein of songs like TIHTY or Hello Hello etc. I'd assume it's going to be pushed hard.

• paws up 6
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,167
On 4/15/2022 at 4:56 PM, GucciOreos said:

«People have to realize the soundtrack for Top Gun in the 80s was HUGE, it went 9x Platinum and "Take My Breath Away" was a MASSIVE #1 hit worldwide. They are obviously trying to replicate that so the Gaga song will be meant to be a hit, get a radio push, music video, etc. It's not just going to be chucked out there. »

If it flops, and it could flop despite the push obviously, it's not the end of the world but it's not just a cute side project not mean for the charts in the vein of songs like TIHTY or Hello Hello etc. I'd assume it's going to be pushed hard.

I agree

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,771
On 4/15/2022 at 10:56 PM, GucciOreos said:

this 100%,  fans truly are underestimating it and acting as if it’s a random movie and a small side project. I have no doubt that this song will be a big success and that it’s meant to become a hit

Top Gun was such a succesful movie and all the straights have been waiting for the sequel and will rush to watch it  

call me delulu but i’m sure we have another Shallow in our hands 

Edited by boobatella
  • thanks 1
  • love 3

Popster for Sale 57,284
On 4/15/2022 at 10:00 PM, boobatella said:

this 100%,  fans truly are underestimating it and acting as if it’s a random movie and a small side project. I have no doubt that this song will be a big success and that it’s meant to become a hit

Top Gun was such a succesful movie and all the straights have been waiting for the sequel and will rush to watch it  

The manifestation that keeps our chartsters careers alive

550994508_IMG_3215(1).thumb.JPG.c6a3e8b2

• yaas, gaga 3

Popster for Sale 44,771
On 4/15/2022 at 9:00 PM, boobatella said:

I don't think it's delusional - it could happen and I'm sure everyone involved wants it to happen so they will put some effort into it!

It comes down to the movie connecting and then the song connecting - if the song is meh not even huge movies like the Lion Kind can save it nnn

I'm definitely optimistic this time though

• paws up 1

On 4/15/2022 at 9:27 PM, Gagacharts said:

Do you know if Judas is also going viral, or is it increasing thanks to the easter weekend?

I don't think so. It's just Easter weekend impact I believe. I've seen a few viral tweets and videos on TikTok about the release of the video during Easter and how they think the song is amazing so I guess that's the reason.

Either way, we love to see it.

excited shake GIF

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,681

The most streamed lead female artist on Spotify.

#6 Beyonce - 14.031.972.16 (+5.956.202)

#7 Nicki Minaj - 13.672.158.875 (+6.688.967) *2 new singles this year

#8 Lady Gaga - 13.591.134.932 (+7.312.719)

• paws up 9
  • love 1

Popster for Sale 44,771
On 4/15/2022 at 9:29 PM, Gagacharts said:

The most streamed lead female artist on Spotify.

#6 Beyonce - 14.031.972.16 (+5.956.202)

#7 Nicki Minaj - 13.672.158.875 (+6.688.967) *2 new singles this year

#8 Lady Gaga - 13.591.134.932 (+7.312.719)

If Top Gun song is a smash we can go #6 easily 

• yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
On 4/15/2022 at 11:15 PM, Delusional said:

Breaking: Gaga to feature on remix of Justin’s ‘Ghost’, released tonight and video tomorrow. Acoustic next Friday.

spacer.png

not you coming for Miaou's brand of posting fake news

• lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384

When I saw they released the video I was ready for the collapse of the milleniu, then turns out neither of them is on it :rip: at least it has Mia Khalifa and that guy from Euphoria, which I guess is better than unknown actors, but still... just nod and smile

the worst is that we know they filmed a video for it :gaga-scream:

MAMIII' de Becky G y Karol G, segunda canción que es #1 en YouTube España  sin vídeo

But they must have scrapped, hence why it took so long to come out

• shook 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,354

Oscar chances done for, introducing future academy award winner DOJA CAT

/s

….not Doja fans actually thinking THAT would ever win the Oscar for BOS :icant:

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • lol 1