Charts Discussion Thread - Hold My Hand - out now!

PanPikus

Pop-a-911-ster 26,497

Teenage Dream

PRISM

One Of The Boys

Witness

Smile

The Fame

A Star Is Born (Soundtrack)

The Fame Monster (EP)

Born This Way

Joanne

Chromatica

ARTPOP

Katy's 3 longest charting albums actually OUTlasted Gaga's 3 longest charting albums in the US. Sure, Gaga doesn't have as many lows as Witness and Smile, but Gaga's lows aren't that impressive either. Joanne not even scraping 50. ARTPOP not scraping 30. US sucks.

Dean Winchester No GIF

Pop-a-911-ster 26,497

Even Rihanna has impressive charting with her albums, and it wasn't until ANTi that she had a strong album effort. And now look at that, 300+ weeks.

ANTI

Good Girl Gone Bad

Loud

Unapologetic

Talk That Talk

Rated R

A Girl Like Me

Music Of The Sun

Gaga's eras really suffer from having only 1 proper single and 1 semi-promoted single. :overit:

A Popster Is Born 13,397
On 4/13/2022 at 9:11 PM, Dean TANKEDchester said:

Yes, I'm surprised it only has 109 weeks on BB200. Prism has 102. Not that big of a difference.

Prism has two diamond certified songs though 

Pop-a-911-ster 26,497
On 4/13/2022 at 11:54 AM, Adarsh said:

Prism has two diamond certified songs though 

I'm aware. My point is, liddos used to think/claim that Gaga easily beats Katy when it comes to albums. In terms of sales perhaps, but it actually isn't that one-sided at least in the US. Shallow will surely get to diamond, but I'm lamenting the fact that Gaga's charting and longevity could be a lot better in the US.

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 4/13/2022 at 6:00 PM, Dean TANKEDchester said:

I'm aware. My point is, liddos used to think/claim that Gaga easily beats Katy when it comes to albums. In terms of sales perhaps, but it actually isn't that one-sided at least in the US. Shallow will surely get to diamond, but I'm lamenting the fact that Gaga's charting and longevity could be a lot better in the US.

she needs to ditch the gays and actually promote more than 1 single per era

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,811
On 4/13/2022 at 4:59 PM, Aloe said:

Gaga just needs to stop making music and visuals for the gays and attract more straights :icant: ASIB was the right direction 

I think she will always be seen as a gay artist and that's her brand decision she took in just her 2nd/3rd year of being active. I think she has tried to find the right balance between signature Gaga and GP friendly, but Chromatica was more on that gay side. I think Dua is a good example of getting the gays and the GP, something Gaga did perfectly in TFM. 

MR/SH/ARUTW ballads are a lot more raw and masculine sonically.. Excited for topgun :billiecat:

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 13,397
On 4/13/2022 at 9:30 PM, Dean TANKEDchester said:

I mean when you count overall weeks spent on the Billboard 200 chart, Gaga definitely does beat Katy. But yes, we should stop undermining Katy’s peak years. She really was on the top for quite some time. 

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,684

If gay = not a sucess with the GP I wonder why Lil Nas X has two of the biggest songs of the decade with explicit gay lyrics and videos

You guys sound like homophobic boomer record executives :rip:

Edited by GucciOreos
  • thanks 4
  • lol 2
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,275

Not some of y’all saying she needs to ditch the gays (aka the fanbase that has always supported in everything she’s done) just to get a little bit more US success

You guys are literally saying to drop what makes her special and unique as a major pop star to pander to straight people who haven’t checked out her last 6 albums…NAH NOT FOR ME

Kim Kardashian Reality Tv GIF

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • thanks 3

Popster for Sale 57,204
On 4/13/2022 at 6:25 PM, GucciOreos said:

If gay = not a sucess with the GP I wonder why Lil Nas X has two of the biggest songs of the decade with explicit gay lyrics and videos

You guys sound like homophobic boomer record executives :rip:

I think they mean gay as in sounds not necessarily lyrics

Lil Nas X's smashes Old Town Road, Montero, Industry Baby are pretty much rap/hip hop sounding and those are more accessible genres for the GP overall like are ballads in Gaga's case

I'm fine with her doing both and alternating "camp" albums like Chromatica with more stripped down ones like Joanne/ASIB

• paws up 2
  • thanks 2

Popster to Popster 4,833

The "problem" with Gaga is the fact that she never really tries to get hits like the others, she does her music her own way and then tries to get hits with that kind of style that she is in that period, and its not even only this but she doesn't release many singles either (which ofc its not helping with the longevity of her albums). She has always been seen like a trendsetter than someone who follows the trends which ofc its commercially more risky than someone who just plays it safe. I can't wait for the Top Gun song, I think it can be her next hit if its that good like how we heard.

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,903

32 YEARS AGO this ICONICNESS, PERFECTION and EPICNESS :prideheart::prideheart:

she absolutely SNAPPEDT and ATE THIS UP!!! serving CHOREO and PERFORMANCE like wow :prideheart::prideheart:

it was soooo FLAWLESS and EPIC!! She's A WHOLE PERFORMER!! YESSSSSS MADGE!!! :romance::oprah::yasss:

she's QUEEN!!! PERIOD! LEGENDARY!

@ReadyGaga @Dean TANKEDchester

Edited by Mario Spears
  • paws up 1
  • love 3

Pop-a-911-ster 30,378

If anything I prefer to see gaga "flopping" like Chromatica "flopped" than having to share her with the breeders who always judged her unfairly tbh

427496284_gagasmile.thumb.jpg.fca86e9ea8

Spoiler

And I'm not in the position to talk this much because well I am here as well but some of you should ask yourselves if you care about her success to have a bragging right or something objective to use on the stan wars

• yaas, gaga 3