Charts Discussion Thread - Hold My Hand - out now!

PanPikus

Pop-a-911-ster 27,681
On 4/9/2022 at 2:03 PM, FRANZGA said:

Monsters need to stop alwas beeing pessimistic.

For the first time in 2022 (I think) "Poker Face" gained more than 400k views but they only mention the negative aspects.

Edited by Gagacharts
  • paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,278
On 4/9/2022 at 6:54 AM, Fame Romance said:

Happy to see Jack Harlow smashing so hard, thank you pandering the gays with Nas X :creepin:

Hide contents

The lyric "Pineapple juice, I give her sweet, sweet, sweet semen" reminded me of our discussion here the other day :nickiha:

He deserves it, this should show other rappers what the possibilities are if you just open up your lane a little bit to other demographics. Everyone in rap acts so “tough” & “hood” and the thing people love about Harlow is that he’s legitimately down to earth and not afraid to collab with a gay rapper or sample Fergie.

Rooting for him big time, we need someone to show a more accepting side of rap culture if I’m being honest 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 16,838
On 4/9/2022 at 9:26 PM, zoldyck said:

Camila album is bombing hard. I wonder if Bam Bam will help it keep stable on charts, the debut is going to be tragic though 

The lack of fanbase :dead:

i only see Bam Bam serving longevity and Hasta Los Dientes with LatAm push.. the album is good but i fear the album will serve SMILE chart run

Pop-a-911-ster 26,497

A diamond album is still a different rare league and Katy beating us there is still a slap in the face for a supposed "quick singles" artist, her BB200 chartrun sans Smile is actually better than Fad in some parts.

And splitting TF+M doesn't just split its sales, but I believe that's the reason why TD left TF in the dust when it came to total weeks in the BB200--the singles recurrent stats also got split between TF and TFM. This means BR, one of Gaga's strongest recurrent singles, isn't contributing to TF's charting anymore. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong though

kevin-chang-57c3a4c7e6d3d.jpeg

A Popster Is Born 16,838
On 4/9/2022 at 9:42 PM, Dean TANKEDchester said:

A diamond album is still a different rare league and Katy beating us there is still a slap in the face for a supposed "quick singles" artist, her BB200 chartrun sans Smile is actually better than Fad in some parts.

And splitting TF+M doesn't just split its sales, but I believe that's the reason why TD left TF in the dust when it came to total weeks in the BB200--the singles recurrent stats also got split between TF and TFM. This means BR, one of Gaga's strongest recurrent singles, isn't contributing to TF's charting anymore. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong though

kevin-chang-57c3a4c7e6d3d.jpeg

BR is contributing to TF's chart-run in BB200 but not on RIAA's certs

• thanks 3

Pop-a-911-ster 26,497
On 4/9/2022 at 1:46 AM, ReadyGaga said:

Personal opinion: I prefer a team that manages to lift Gaga from post-artpop and make her a contemporary legend rather than a team that quickly updates 12-year-old hit album certificates instead of revitalizing their artist's career 

These aren't mutually exclusive lol. It wouldn't hurt Gaga's mental health to update certs???? Does she even have to be involved directly in the process?

dean winchester what GIF

• paws up 1

On 4/9/2022 at 6:40 PM, FRANZGA said:

The lack of fanbase :dead:

i only see Bam Bam serving longevity and Hasta Los Dientes with LatAm push.. the album is good but i fear the album will serve SMILE chart run

I think semi Chromatica type of run, with Bam Bam being its Rain on Me. Although very good debut made Chromatica achieve platinum/gold almost everywhere, for Familia gold/tin  will be ceiling 

A Popster Is Born 11,563
On 4/9/2022 at 12:53 PM, Gagacharts said:

So, the song has 1.24B views on YouTube, but is only 1x Platinum.

Another proof that Katy´s views are fishy (because RIAA probably won´t count bot views).

I think most of those fishy views were coming from Asian coutries. 

I might be wrong though. 

A Popster Is Born 13,397
On 4/9/2022 at 7:15 PM, Dean TANKEDchester said:

These aren't mutually exclusive lol. It wouldn't hurt Gaga's mental health to update certs???? Does she even have to be involved directly in the process?

dean winchester what GIF

Katy’s certifications were updated after like half a decade. Gaga’s team did it in 2020 as far as I remember.