Charts Discussion Thread - Hold My Hand - out now!

PanPikus

Pop-a-911-ster 26,497
On 4/8/2022 at 9:37 AM, GucciOreos said:

so she doesn't show up in those rolling stones articles exposing payola maybe :billie: 

Idk she doesn't have to go overboard. At least have a 350M reach instead of 290M. It's a passive endeavor that does so much to her catalog and presence. She doesn't have to risk her health to bump her playlist reach. There is no time nor effort it takes away from her. We're in the streaming age. It's easy to defend and say Gaga has a lower playlist reach but in the end, numbers are numbers. 5 years down the road, people aren't gonna care that "Gaga had less playlist reach than peers", they're just going to see numbers and find her catalog weaker than it should be. In that 5 years, an entire generation could think the 10s barely had Gaga outside of ASIB, or that Gaga has no karaoke classic outside Poker Face (Shallow isn't there last I checked), etc.

Popster for Sale 44,739
On 4/8/2022 at 3:03 PM, Dean TANKEDchester said:

Idk she doesn't have to go overboard. At least have a 350M reach instead of 290M. It's a passive endeavor that does so much to her catalog and presence. She doesn't have to risk her health to bump her playlist reach. There is no time nor effort it takes away from her. We're in the streaming age. It's easy to defend and say Gaga has a lower playlist reach but in the end, numbers are numbers. 5 years down the road, people aren't gonna care that "Gaga had less playlist reach than peers", they're just going to see numbers and find her catalog weaker than it should be. In that 5 years, an entire generation could think the 10s barely had Gaga outside of ASIB, or that Gaga has no karaoke classic outside Poker Face (Shallow isn't there last I checked), etc.

Yeah, I feel you. No idea why she has less playlist reach but it could be on the playlist curators end and not so much on Gaga's team... 

• hugs 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,381
On 4/8/2022 at 4:25 PM, emig_09 said:

the fact they are choosing this song to promote on the album on its release day when its the least representative of what the whole album is is definitely a choice

Pop-a-911-ster 27,143
On 4/8/2022 at 11:30 AM, Andreu said:

the fact they are choosing this song to promote on the album on its release day when its the least representative of what the whole album is is definitely a choice

I was thinking about this :wtfga:

A Popster Is Born 13,402
On 4/8/2022 at 8:09 PM, xo_hours said:

is Ga gonna win the award tho?

She’s the highest selling and best charting EDM artist every year so they should just name it the “Lady Gaga award” :icant:

• thanks 1
  • lol 3
  • yaas, gaga 2

A Popster Is Born 11,571
On 4/8/2022 at 4:40 PM, DonnieDarko said:

In before she’s attending and performing the Top Gun song. BBMA’s are on May 16th.

Sounds like a great plan

so obviously it's not happening 

:bebe:

• hugs 1
  • sad 1
  • lol 2