Charts Discussion Thread - Hold My Hand - out now!

PanPikus

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 4/4/2022 at 3:28 PM, Adarsh said:

Lady Gaga has the same amount of Grammys as her idols Micheal Jackson and Ella Fitzgerald now :applause:

QUEEN behavior yesss!! 

She deserves it!!! And she got it because of her talent! 🏆🥇

This is confirms she's A LEGEND!!! 

• yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 16,862
On 4/4/2022 at 9:32 PM, corvus albus said:

That scene traumatized me and was so embarrassed just by seeing it in the big screen.. imagine if it was a real Grammy incident :dead:

Moderator 17,146
On 4/4/2022 at 4:21 PM, FRANZGA said:

That scene traumatized me and was so embarrassed just by seeing it in the big screen.. imagine if it was a real Grammy incident :dead:

Imagine being on Twitter as an Ally Maine stan that night :bradley:

I would hide from Twitter for weeks

A Popster Is Born 16,862

I hope that there'll be no Jazz Era in the future.. C2C was great and Vegas Show maybe in the future but plz no full Jazz Era, it's hurting her streaming and she can't win GF Grammys with it anyways

Give us rnb, rock, pop, country, etc but enough with Jazz Album unless it's a Christmas Jazz Album :whatga:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 16,862
On 4/4/2022 at 10:26 PM, corvus albus said:

Imagine being on Twitter as an Ally Maine stan that night :bradley:

I would hide from Twitter for weeks

:icant:

• lol 2

A Popster Is Born 11,940
On 4/4/2022 at 11:27 AM, FRANZGA said:

I hope that there'll be no Jazz Era in the future.. C2C was great and Vegas Show maybe in the future but plz no full Jazz Era, it's hurting her streaming and she can't win GF Grammys with it anyways

Give us rnb, rock, pop, country, etc but enough with Jazz Album unless it's a Christmas Jazz Album :whatga:

I dont think the purpose of having a Jazz era is to win a GF Grammy though. She just loves that music and it makes her happy. I do agree that its not good for her streaming, but it is what it is. Im curious to see if a solo Gaga Jazz album can win Trad. Pop Album... that would be interesting

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,940

Sooo on May 15 Billboard Music Awards will happen. And they are in Vegas too! Perfect opportunity to perform the rumored Top Gun song that should come out around that time :shakes:

If it exists of course :shakes:

• yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 13,485
On 4/4/2022 at 8:13 PM, Doncho said:

I dont think the purpose of having a Jazz era is to win a GF Grammy though. She just loves that music and it makes her happy. I do agree that its not good for her streaming, but it is what it is. Im curious to see if a solo Gaga Jazz album can win Trad. Pop Album... that would be interesting

If she makes a solo jazz album, it will most probably be original music so it can also compete in the actual jazz categories if I’m not wrong. 

A Popster Is Born 13,485
On 4/4/2022 at 8:19 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Do we know if Gaga is credited? 

Yes, the performers are credited. Gaga has been nominated for this same award before as well.

Edited by Adarsh
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 16,862

Truth Be Told, the Westfield Concert stomped on her Grammy Performance.. still good performance nonetheless 

• paws up 7

Pop-a-911-ster 27,693
On 4/4/2022 at 5:08 PM, FRANZGA said:

Truth Be Told, the Westfield Concert stomped on her Grammy Performance.. still good performance nonetheless 

The "Westfield Concert" was her best vocal performance in a concert ever (2022 Grammy´s were also nearly perfect).

Her voice was never as good as it is now, thats why I´m really exited for the Chromatica Ball.

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,567

this to me was the most disappointing moment of the night, not the loss but the fact that Gaga was never given that chance to honor Tony in a speech. Wish they had moved Pop Vocal to the pre show and moved the traditional category since Olivia was always going to win BNA.

TLDR:

“SNUB: Tony Bennett doesn’t get quite as rewarding a career sendoff as expected

There was a lot of prognosticating that Bennett’s swan-song recording, in combination with Lady Gaga, would win album of the year as a sentimental favorite in honor of the 95-year-old’s entire career. In the end, voters might have decided that his winning that honor in the mid-’90s for “MTV Unplugged” was sufficient in giving him a late-career position on the top Grammy rolls.

Anyway, Gaga’s salute to the Alzheimer’s-stricken Bennett (who briefly introduced her via video) was better than any award could have been. If you weren’t touched by her final gesture, to put her own hand on her shoulder where his had been in the overhead picture, you might never have had a heart to leave in San Francisco anyway.

Still, you have to wonder if Grammy producers themselves expected the Gaga/Bennett project to win album of the year. Everyone would have loved to see Gaga give a heartfelt speech in honor of her destined-to-be-forever-absent collaborator… and the place to ensure that would happen would have been by giving best traditional pop album a spot on the telecast. When that category was relegated to the pre-telecast, it was if the Grammys were signaling: Don’t worry, she’ll get her shot at the end of the show. But Batiste’s momentum ensured that was not to be.”

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 4
  • hugs 1
  • thanks 2
  • love 1