Charts Discussion Thread - Hold My Hand - out now!

PanPikus

Pop-a-911-ster 26,491
On 4/4/2022 at 5:11 AM, monketsharona said:

definitely lacked of depth in writting

I feel like she needs to be a lot more personal with her lyrics. While many songs refer to her experience, they seem somewhat vague and generic (probably so the listener can relate) but I think Plastic Doll (who's that girl Malibu Gaga looks so sad what is this saga) and Fun Tonight were the most explicit to her own, and even then the rest of the lyrics of those songs are again a bit nonspecific.

2 of Taylor's 3 AOTY wins were kinda very much rooted in her own life events. But it's 5 in the morning and I only had 3 hrs of sleep so far so what do I know lol :leap:

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 26,491
On 4/4/2022 at 5:13 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

BR/PF/Shallow should’ve won that award! Her smash singles really smash both acclaim and success

Yeah she just has bad luck with GF wins I suppose :leap:

Moderator 17,110
On 4/4/2022 at 9:59 AM, Fame Romance said:

This is emotional :prideheart:

I couldn’t be happier about anyone but this winning Pop Duo over Gaga, it was literally my most streamed song  last year :romance:

Yes, Dr. Luke is now a Grammys winner :disappointed:

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 4/3/2022 at 11:35 PM, Doncho said:

Billie lost Music Film. A WIN!

BTS and JB also didn't win anything. ANOTHER WIN FOR US!!!!!!!!!! :oprah:

And Doja and Gaga won!!!! 

A Popster Is Born 12,807

Still LFS was her first AOTY nod in over a decade and when her fans were melting down when it was released, it reminded me of the cure MV thing. More of what the gays hate is very healthy for Gaga career, I hope GagaDaily despise TopGun song :billiecat:

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,491
On 4/4/2022 at 5:37 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Still LFS was her first AOTY nod in over a decade and when her fans were melting down when it was released

To be fair, her streams also melted down when it was released :icant:

• paws up 1
  • lol 4

On 4/4/2022 at 10:11 AM, monketsharona said:

I absolutely love Chromatica and it's probably one of her most cohesive records to date but it definitely lacked of depth in writting and I'm sure it hurted a lot her chances to grab more nominations / wins. TF/M and BTW were much more mature dance music with deeper vibes imo.

Chromatica is definitely underwritten. The emphasis on hooks/production over songwriting makes it feel so empty. People love to push the notion that it's a deep album just because it has mental health references but most songs don't actually have that detail or depth to them. :rip: A Dear Evan Hansen tea.

That's okay though, it has some good quick lil' bops. 

Edited by Applause

Popster for Sale 44,646
On 4/4/2022 at 10:58 AM, Applause said:

Chromatica is definitely underwritten. The emphasis on hooks/production over songwriting makes it feel so empty. People love to push the notion that it's a deep album just because it has mental health references but most songs don't actually have that detail or depth to them. :rip: A Dear Evan Hansen tea.

911, Replay and Babylon are great lyrics though 

it does have some of her worst duds in terms of songwriting (SL, Sour Candy)

• thanks 1

Kindness Admin 7,528
On 4/4/2022 at 10:35 AM, Adarsh said:

There you go

I watched it one more time while looking for the link and now I’m crying again :bradley:

It vanished while I was off having baguettes with the French :gaga-scream:

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,364

I agree Gaga has some songs which end up not saying anything and she should work on avoiding that but I am actually so so so so glad shes the kind of artist who puts music above lyrics  :pray:

• paws up 2

Kindness Admin 7,528
On 4/4/2022 at 12:06 PM, Andreu said:

I agree Gaga has some songs which end up not saying anything and she should work on avoiding that but I am actually so so so so glad shes the kind of artist who puts music above lyrics  :pray:

The mix is nice. It's ok to have songs that are just fun and song that break your heart and songs that say something really meaningful. That mix is really nice.

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 12,807
On 4/4/2022 at 10:58 AM, Applause said:

I mean on the BTS of every MV  ‘this is for the gays for the gays for the gays’. Then it became a VMAs era where she didn’t serve an up-do or ‘ugly dresses’ as her fans put it.  I really think that era was seen as fan appeasement with two streaming giants to support it  vs. Award vehicle and that’s fine, Chromatica wasn’t that girlie so… I actually  think songwriting > production on the record

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09

Popster to Popster 3,903

PRINCE OF POP WINNING YESSSS!!! IKTR!!!! :oprah:

:oscar::yasss:

• lol 1