Charts Discussion Thread - Hold My Hand - out now!

PanPikus

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 4/4/2022 at 3:05 PM, Sir.Sim said:

His Asian numbers are kinda underwhelming.. but he's massive as fvxk in the Americas

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,364

Don't get me wrong I dont think the Grammys should only reward chart topping albums but you're telling me stan twitter was screaming and crying and throwing up about LFS's AOTY nom because it flopped 11!11!1 when Jon Batiste's peaked at 86 on the BB200? :icant:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1
  • lol 6

Popster for Sale 41,786
On 4/4/2022 at 7:33 AM, Andreu said:

Id rather see her win small things more often like she does :legend:

They are not mutually exclusive, Ms Andreu :lesson:

• lol 1

Kindness Admin 7,528

Who has the performance video? I just woke up and haven't seen yet !

Kindness Admin 7,528
On 4/4/2022 at 8:55 AM, ViviLittleM said:

Why can’t she never win a GF Grammy 

angry panda GIF by Steve Konklin

I really think she's going to have a sweep with song, record and album. I hope it's in two year's and not when she's like 60 tho.

A Popster Is Born 13,395
On 4/4/2022 at 1:19 PM, admin said:

Who has the performance video? I just woke up and haven't seen yet !

There you go

I watched it one more time while looking for the link and now I’m crying again :bradley:

• love 1

A Popster Is Born 10,466
On 4/4/2022 at 9:51 AM, admin said:

I really think she's going to have a sweep with song, record and album. I hope it's in two year's and not when she's like 60 tho.

Let's be honest the more she's aging the more she'll have issues with those categories. I hope she'll focus a bit more on her next project (in studio and promo) to make her next record the one that is sweeping everything. 

Make that strong and cohesive produced and written project and Grammy will be there for sure, I mean they are very regularly nominating and awarding her.

• paws up 5
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,491
On 4/4/2022 at 4:56 AM, monketsharona said:

Make that strong and cohesive produced and written project and Grammy will be there for sure, I mean they are very regularly nominating and awarding her.

And at this point I feel like it really boils down to how much she wants it. You can see she still has so much passion and effort and attention to HoG and L4S. With Chromatica it was painful for her. I hope she really feels in tune with her next solo studio effort because commercial and critical success follows if her heart truly is in the record.

• thanks 3

Pop-a-911-ster 26,491
On 4/4/2022 at 5:03 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

she’s the Katy Perry of general field :toofunny:

Well at least she makes up for it by having a lot of wins in different categories. No shade to Taylor (I like her too) but despite 3 AOTYs, Gaga has 2 wins more than Tay. Besides, even someone like Bey doesn't have a GF win as well, no?

A Popster Is Born 10,466
On 4/4/2022 at 11:03 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Grammys like songwriting and she’s a fantastic songwriter it’s time to show that. I feel like Shallow losing GF and LFS losing after getting the precursor she’s the Katy Perry of general field :toofunny:

I absolutely love Chromatica and it's probably one of her most cohesive records to date but it definitely lacked of depth in writting and I'm sure it hurted a lot her chances to grab more nominations / wins. TF/M and BTW were much more mature dance music with deeper vibes imo.

Gaga needs her Ray of Light / Confessions on a Dancefloor as her records. Something still rooted in her genre but with more worked and mature production / writing pop dance music. Just my opinion on this.

Maybe also time to return to her best chemistries with some of her old producers and bring some new ones to make things fresh ? 

Edited by monketsharona
  • paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 12,807
On 4/4/2022 at 10:07 AM, Dean TANKEDchester said:

Well at least she makes up for it by having a lot of wins in different categories. No shade to Taylor (I like her too) but despite 3 AOTYs, Gaga has 2 wins more than Tay. Besides, even someone like Bey doesn't have a GF win as well, no?

Single Ladies son SOTY… I feel like with both their success and acclaim BR/PF/Shallow should’ve won that award! Her smash singles really smash both acclaim and success. Even ARUTW deserved, and the songwriting on that is impeccable, but it wasn’t really a chart hit in US

• paws up 1