POPA911's Best Songs of 2021

Lorde Von Kok

Gaming Leader 8,440

Fellow posters,

We are gathered here today to celebrate, discuss and share hot takes on what songs gave us life, how much new taste was acquired and if our favs gave what was supposed to be given throughout the last year. It is a safe space for you to display your lack of immense sense of taste and art knowledge. 

image0.gif

I'll leave an "easy" empty template for us popsters to use and edit to our own ideas and visions. Feel free to not only question other flopsters' taste but also to give it a stream. Give the struggling-basement-dweller-locked-Sia-fame-seekers artists the coin they very much need sis.

image0.gif

Shall we proceed?

image0.gif 

EXAMPLE

Spoiler

(INSERT USERNAME)'s BEST SONGS OF 2021 

Spoiler

Spoiler

TITLE - ARTIST

Insert texte here. Example, this song is iconic, needed, and overall MOTHER of the earth. period.

Spoiler

TITLE - ARTIST

Insert texte here. Example, this song is iconic, needed, and overall MOTHER of the earth. period.

Spoiler

TITLE - ARTIST

Spoiler

TITLE - ARTIST

Spoiler

TITLE - ARTIST

LORDE VON KOK'S BEST SONGS OF 2021

Spoiler

Spoiler

CHEMTRAILS OVER THE COUNTRY CLUB - LANA DEL REY

Say what you want about Lizzy, but one thing she does that no one can deny is create art through a VISUAL. COCC's titletrack, despite being her worst album, truly saved it from total chaos. It's soultry, mysterious, yet weirdly appeasing. A soft and strong lullaby that made it's way up Lana's best songs list. A new found gem in her discography.

Spoiler

SILK CHIFFON - MUNA & PHOEBE BRIDGERS

Picture this: Beautiful guitar, pastel colors, lesbians, taste and soft voices. You see it? Yeah, me too. Silk Chiffon is the underrated bop of the year for me. I get literally goosebumps each time Phoebe's part comes in with her relatable and soul-shattering lyrics. Also, MUNA are killing it.

Spoiler

HAPPIER THAN EVER - BILLIE EILISH

Aaaaah, Billie. Yes, she may still be only 19 (will be turning 20 in two days, werk), but wow is she still surprising us. For me, Happier Than Ever was a stellar track and arguably, her best in her career thus far. It's smooth, soothing and comforting at first, and then twist the knife with a hypnotizing climb from Billie's longest track to date. The amazing production from FINNEAS truly give us a feeling of removing rose-colored glasses. 

Spoiler

COME TO LIFE - YE

Fomerly known as Kanye West, Ye is finding himself back into the power of his creative light in though times. The sudden death of his mother a few years before and his fall of grace following hatred throughout America in the wake of the Taylorgate in 2009, Ye escaped and created in Hawaii was it arguably known as the best album of all timeMy Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Fastforward to 2021, in the wake of his divorce with Kim Kardashian after 6 highly-publicized years, his failed political campaign and devastating rants at rallies, Ye needed the midas touch again. And he did it. Come to Life is a masterpiece from front to back. Add the melodical production credits of Tyler, the Creator. The tear-jerking lyrics. The true feeling of ascending to heaven. Ugh.

Spoiler

LAST DAY ON EARTH - BEABADOOBEE

Famous for a Tik-Tok irrelevant song that a flop SoundCloud rapper sampled, beabadoobee used the newfound fame to the best of her abilities, and boy did she succeed. Last Day On Earth is soul-transferring. Despite the simple but infectious chorus, it also hides a way deeper meaning about adolescence, trying to figure out who you are and making fun out of life, as if it was your last time. I don't have much to say but to recommend everyone to stream it. I may be reaching, I may be dragged, but I swear ... just play the song, close your eyes, and remember your favorite memories as a teen in the summer. Yes, those ones.

Mmmm, yes. That's what I meant. Period.

POPSTERS

Spoiler

@911 @0707alp @1mi_K @5HZombie12 @A Little Monsterrr @a.random.little.moster @AaronJ @absolutelyjc @ad9nn @Adakam @Adakam @Adam_Monster @admin @Agustin @Aiman19 @Ale @alejandro by lady gaga @Alejandro44 @alexey_McEuriv @alexthepersonny @Alfze @Alina @Alistair_ @AlleyCat @almeric @Almond Milk @ami @Amidana @Anastasia @Andreas @Andreu @Andrianna1998 @Angie @Animal Claws @Annemjuvland @Anongirl @Anveeroy @APHRODITE @Aphrodite Lady @Aphrodizy26 @Applause @Arizona Sky @artgagapop @ARTPOP @Artpop lover @ARTPOP Stan @ARTPOPIANA @artpopnasty @Artur @Arturo @Azor Ahai @Babylon @babylonhooker @BadGurlMadge @Baepsae @Baieia @Bakugo @BarkWoof22 @bastos @Battleforyourlife @bealovesgaga @beelzemon @BenG @benisnotok @bertalozzz @BibleThisWay @biblicalmonster @bijon @Bilola @BlakeyBoo95 @blankpaper @bloodnoir @Blown Away @blue @Bonny @Born In Chromatica @BornthisJ @Boulanger @bpsy @Breathin @Brecht @brefike @Brie Candy @Brit9 @brnrd @Brooklyn Chapel @brownie @Btw @Byran Bobson @cait @CALBooking @calmar @Candy Gaga @CannaeDrive @Cas @ccurt7755 @Cerv @Chann1717 @charliecashmere @chartgaga @CherryPie @Chopper @chormatica911 @Chriscros4 @Chromatica @Chromaticandi @ChromaticasPunk @chromaticaxcx @CHROMATICON @ChromaticRaccoon @Cocaine Heart @CokeDestroyer @Colorful @Computer @ConnorFilm @Cookies @Cookies @COOOK @cornless_ @corvus albus @cosmic @crazybadbich97 @CroatianFad01 @CurvaceousLimericker @Cyclonus @Dadley Pooper @dana.ioana @danbekim @danwasd @Daphne Guinness @Dark Paradise @DarkHawk @Davian @DAVID SANTOS @Daylight Oreos @DeanClownchester @DeleteForever @Dennis Lemp @DennisConcert @derpmonster @Devin @DiamondKing @Didymus @Dirkje @dllcll @Dolce @donatellab @DonatellaPop @Doncho @DonnieDarko @Doot @dopestan13 @Drkitten @durelleatough @Dutch @Dutrall @ed2735 @Edonis @ElieGaga @Elisa chs @elusivecaution @Elvira @enigma popstar @EnigmaticAndroid @entela @Enya @Enzo @EroticaBarbie @ErraHaze @Essie @estium @ethan @Ethel @ev1379 @EveryGaGa @FarixGaga @Fernando @fernplantfun @FFXIV WhiteMage @flint @Focz @folklore. @Footile @Francesco Casotti @Franch Toast @Franxxx Dreams @Franz Ferdinand @FRANZGA @Fraspeechless @Freddy @gabrielflorin01 @GAGA @gagaschickens @Gagacharts @GagaFanatic @GAGAFLIX @GagaGlambert @GagaIsMyCure @gagalilm @Gagalvaro @Gagaohhlala @gagapictures @gagarox @gagarrhea @gagarxx @Gagas911 @gagasevermore @gagaspositions @GagaXCollection @gagaxuan @GalaxyGamerGuy @gary @germloop @Gimme More @GitHub @glass @Glittertinks @gloriaroseva @GODPOP @gorgeousgaga @gorskillet @Gov Hooka @Gracious Gaga @grandextraordinaire @Graphitium @Grasim @GreekGod @Guilherme @GuiLM @Gustavo @Gypsy Guy Holland @Gypsy Life @Gypsygaga @GypsyLife14 @Haed invadr @Hags Labs @hammer @Hanna @Hannah1179 @HarryKim @haus.of.lillea @HausLabsBabylon @HausOfLexi @HeavyMetalGagaLover @Heij @Hejira @Henry @Hew @high heeled fem @highlikegaga @HitTheBoat @holyxfad @HotLikeMexico @Hugo @HugoBoss @Hurem @iamsorry @ichromaticant @ICY @Iker Augusto @ImTired16 @imwoahvicky @Instant @Interlude @Irrelevant @ItsGenuineGuy09 @itsmebuddy @jackgannan @jaehavocado @Jamie Jenkins @Jayfire @Jazz @jbesno @Jean Gabriel Dias da Silva @Jenina @JennyWayne @Jenoma @JeVeuxTonAmour @JevyDuty @Jillian @jimmyoioioio @JJ Monster @JNLolz @Joannesrats @Joesuda @Johncayse @johngagas @JohnsBrownEyes @Jonathan @joseanto1997 @Joseph @JoshJacko6 @Jujubaruda @justhislife @JustJames @justhislife @JustJustan @kaelergrey @Kahli @kaixvenus @Karina @KatieJudasGaga4 @Kattys @KerryPerry2020 @Keshasaurus @Kimmo @kinda @King @KingOfSpain @KleinGa @Krazy @LadariousGarage @LadeonXire @Ladie Goga @Lady Gaga @ladygaga @LadyGoo @LaLa @Lastrassi @lavenderblondee @Lazz Monster @lego @Leon Kampjes @leonardo @LetsGetHigh @LG7 @lgaga1fan @LGN @LibroLupo @Liebrandt @lifeasgeorge @lilith @lillian @LilMonsterXoXo @lilMunster2008 @Lionel Ronaldo @little legend @Little Monsters @Little_Monster @Littlemonster00 @Live_Wire @loathereality @lookinggoodfeelingfine @Lorde Von Kok @lowyeechoy @Luc @Luks @macey @Madame X @Maggie7 @majaa @Malazam @MANiCURE1295 @marcobaleno @Marilyn MonHoe @Mario @Mark @Mary Jane Gaga @Mary Jane Holland @maryjanegodga @mataika @Matteo Remondi @MaulJHolland @Max_Vandeburg @Miaou @MichKowa @MiKEY @Million Gypsies @Mirages @MissAsia @Mister G @Mister_M @MnstrEnigma00 @Modern Ecstasy2 @modernecstasy_ @monketsharona @MonsterBoy @MonsteressClea @monstertingz @Morphine Prince @mothermonstersbaby @Mr. V @Mr.okami @Ms I am a local @murilo @Musiccoffee666 @Musicisfreedom @MusicOfACentury @My a** is famous @Mylo @naeokk @Nemanja @nenhures @nevroglie @NFRockwell @Niceta95 @NicksARTPOP @NicoMaa @niicksgaga @Nino @Nixon2053 @not a french fry @NotDoctor @NotGod @Noturregularmonster @Nuggets @Nunox @NYNJ Gypsy @OBEY @ObezyankaNol @Obman @OG Gaga Stan @OGHspy @OnionGirl @Oscar @OwOen @Panayiotis @PanPikus @Paradise is in my hands @paradox @Party Favor @Patch The Line @pato @pdpenguin @Pedro98 @PerfectGUY @PETTY @piarayensii @Pikoh @PlastiscGuy @PLB @POPARTHD @Popcons @PopEmergency @PrinceOTStorm @princessesdie @ProdigyARTPOP @ProjectJoanne @Queen @querky_gay @Ra2 @rainonchromatica @ralloz @raragaga @Ratviolo @Red Velvet @RedPillBlues @Redvers @REEEEE @RemiRatatouille @Renoire @RFK @Rick.r5 @rickmin @Riyad @RobyTheGerm @Rocket9 @Rory javanagh @rosewater @Ross Barker @Runway @Rumour @ryanripley @Ryusei @sadho @Saint @Saimon @SamanthaC @Samueld9 @Sanjay @Sara @Scheißexfame57 @ScottsHQ_PopA911 @Sempiternal @serpathway @sethhyyy @sexyslutboy @Shadow @Shadow Works @ShemmyMa @ShesAMess @Shoful @sickandtired2.0 @SissyFromSpace @sizzily @Skadi @skeletonguns @SLAG @Sloansabbith99 @SloppyJoe. @SmokeyVibez @Snoopy @solasis @SombR3ro @Soobin @Sour Candy @SourCandy @SOYEON @spacekidzzz @SpanishMonster @Staff Bot @Stanley Digaga @Starboy @Stargazer @steccazero @stefan503 @Stefisgaga @Stephen @Steven @StormPulse @SugaryMonster17 @Summerboy @Summerboy2007 @summerboy911 @Sunny @swakby @Swallow @SwissMonster @Tamiel @Tana Mongeau @tareq @Tati Cavala @tealambition @technologic @TeenIdle @Telephone911 @thatsg0ssipp @The Archer @The Professor@The Royal Orora @TheClown @TheCureInChromatica @TheFame @thehanyo @ThePerfectCure @TheReal @TheRoof @thetea @Thirteen @Thrasher @Timmers @TINDER @tlam888 @TNel @Tom Robso @Tomsches @Topflapen @trashyanayaa @Treacherous Swiftie @TrumpGagastan @Tsunade @Tufos @Twitter @TylerMinaj @VALKYNAZ @Valorious @valorv @Vanity @Varys @Venom @Venus Rose @vince_martin88 @VOLANTIS @VSchwarz @Warhol Killer @Warrior Queen @WarriorQueen @WasDraqWic @Water @WatermeloneSugar @WatermeloneSugar @Wet And Gushy @WildAmerican @wonejomonster @xo_hours @xoxoryan @Yanko @yiasmina23x @Zak @Zami @zcasx @zoldyck

It's your turn now. Go!

image0.gif

Edited by Lorde Von Kok
Taste
  • shook 1
  • yaas, gaga 3

Pop-a-911-ster 28,922
x3

POPSTER : the superior user of this site with the best music taste of all aka @little legend the Emperor 

His emperial rank for 2021 songs: 

#1 Bad Habits 

#2 Bad Habits 

#3 Bad Habits 

#4 Bad Habits 

#5 Bad Habits 

Stream the song and video of the decade and the new Bad Romance here: 

• shook 1

Gaming Leader 8,440
On 12/17/2021 at 12:27 AM, little legend the Emperor said:

POPSTER : the superior user of this site with the best music taste of all aka @little legend the Emperor 

#1 Bad Habits 

#2 Bad Habits 

#3 Bad Habits 

#4 Bad Habits 

#5 Bad Habits 

... and that is why I regret the day I was born.

image0.gif

• lol 4

Gaming Leader 8,440
On 12/17/2021 at 12:29 AM, GitHub said:

thanks for the tag but unfortunately I didn't listen to 5 new songs this year :ohyes:

You didn't give any shits about the newness from this year, understandable.

image0.gif

Seems like it didn't give you life nor did it give you what was supposed to be given. Tell me, what songs were you most streaming this year, and why ?

image0.gif

Popster to Popster 3,752
On 12/17/2021 at 12:30 AM, Lorde Von Kok said:

You didn't give any shits about the newness from this year, understandable.

image0.gif

Seems like it didn't give you life nor did it give you what was supposed to be given. Tell me, what songs were you most streaming this year, and why ?

image0.gif

I went to a Sleigh Bells concert and streamed their 10-year-old album exclusively since September. Before that I don't remember which I'll go ahead and blame on my summer holiday concussion :kiss:

Edited by GitHub
  • shook 1
  • love 1

Deactivated 14,311

Popster: Bakugo - Messy Mod and winner of life! 

Going to pick songs that took over my life alot or I found myself returning to multiple times. 

Song 1- Male Fantasy - Billie Eilish

Spoiler

Song 2 - Meet Me At Our Spot - The Anxiety, Willow, Tyler Cole

Spoiler

Song 3 - ISEFY - Andrew Belle

Spoiler

Song 4 - Thats what I want - Lil Nas X

Spoiler

Song 5 - Stay - The Kid Laroi, Justin Bieber

Spoiler

• yaas, gaga 2

Deactivated 14,311
On 12/17/2021 at 4:06 PM, Adarsh said:

#1 I Concentrate On You by Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett

#2 Do I Love You by Lady Gaga

#3 Coconuts by Kim Petras

#4 Good Ones by Charli XCX

#5 New Friends by Andreu Songs @Andreu

Good ones almost made it it was #6 for me. Stay took it sadly! 

• love 1

Deactivated 14,311
On 12/17/2021 at 3:57 PM, little legend the Emperor said:

#1 Bad Habits 

#2 Bad Habits 

#3 Bad Habits 

#4 Bad Habits 

#5 Bad Habits 

It’s this kind of sh!t preventing our friendship from being stronger 

Gaming Leader 8,440

BREAKING NEWS

image0.gif

Australia has tested the first vaccine against the coronavirus and it seems to be 110% efficient. It's called taste

image0.gif

That is ... because of your #1. That's about it. 

• love 2

Deactivated 14,311
On 12/17/2021 at 4:22 PM, Lorde Von Kok said:

BREAKING NEWS

image0.gif

Australia has tested the first vaccine against the coronavirus and it seems to be 110% efficient. It's called taste

image0.gif

That is ... because of your #1. That's about it. 

It is a well known fact I display taste occasionally.  There was so many I wanted to include in my top 5 new songs but it was a struggle. Narrowed to the most listened and went with it. 

I only see taste from Canada as per usual.

Gaming Leader 8,440

PS: Changed my mind.

Sorry, the peace flower is hitting my G spot.

image0.gif

MY TOP 5 OF 2021

Spoiler

5. Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Lana Del Rey

4. Silk Chiffon - MUNA & Phoebe Bridgers

3. Happier Than Ever - Billie Eilish

2. Come to Life - Ye

1. Last Day On Earth - beabadoobee

Don't ask.

image0.gif

Deactivated 14,311
On 12/17/2021 at 4:44 PM, Nightwing said:

1. Gracie Abrams - Rockland

2. Margot - Fame

3. Martin Garrix - Pressure (feat. Tove Lo)

4. Lana Del Rey - Chemtrails Over The Country Club

5. Lana Del Rey - Arcadia

Copy and pasted off my year end list :icant:

I love a bit of COCC SO SLAY

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,759

1. Doja Cat - Been Like This

2. Doja Cat - Alone

3. London Grammar - Lord It’s A Feeling

4. Lil Nas X - Industry Baby

5. Lana Del Rey - Chemtrails Over The Country Club

Almost added Chromamix but I think those don’t count :icant:

• yaas, gaga 1

Gaming Leader 8,440

Love this KOK taste. Kudos to y'all @donatellab @Nightwing.

image0.gif

On 12/17/2021 at 1:25 AM, donatellab said:

Almost added Chromamix but I think those don’t count.

I have my Top 25 of 2021 and are from DoC.

#14: Free Woman (w/ Rina Sawayama)

#18: Plastic Doll (w/ Ashnikko)

image0.gif 

• love 2