All things GRAMMYs 2021: Ratings tanked hard

Awards & events pinned featured

BenG

• BenG changed the title to GRAMMYs 2021: Who will win Best V/M Song?
  • BenG changed the title to All Things GRAMMYs: Vote - Best Pop Solo
  • BenG changed the title to All Things GRAMMYs: Nominations are out!
Popster to Popster 3,752

Postponed https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/grammys-postpone-2021-1109962/

"The 2021 Grammys, originally scheduled for January 31st, have been postponed due to concerns over the spread of Covid-19, multiple sources confirm to Rolling Stone. Organizers have not confirmed a new date, but sources say they are aiming to hold the event sometime in March."

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Kindness Admin 7,529
10 minutes ago, GitHub said:

Postponed https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/grammys-postpone-2021-1109962/

"The 2021 Grammys, originally scheduled for January 31st, have been postponed due to concerns over the spread of Covid-19, multiple sources confirm to Rolling Stone. Organizers have not confirmed a new date, but sources say they are aiming to hold the event sometime in March."

Pretty sensible. What a mess this is all going to be.

• BenG changed the title to All Things GRAMMYs: Postponed to March
Popster to Popster 3,752
25 minutes ago, admin said:

Pretty sensible. What a mess this is all going to be.

Yeah I agree, but I don't really understand why these things are in person to begin with. The epitome of non-essential imo. Do they really generate that much money? Otherwise I don't get it at all

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 41,787
2 minutes ago, GitHub said:

Yeah I agree, but I don't really understand why these things are in person to begin with. The epitome of non-essential imo. Do they really generate that much money? Otherwise I don't get it at all

They probably get paid by the TV network and the TV network runs ads during the ceremony for $$$.

Popster to Popster 3,752
14 minutes ago, BenG said:

They probably get paid by the TV network and the TV network runs ads during the ceremony for $$$.

Yeah true. From my uninformed point of view, I guess I just assumed they could still generate ad revenue during a virtual, or at least "more virtual than they were planning" ceremony.

They need to change their minds about being in person, but well, if they can't even change their conservative lazy minds to adapt nominees in categories (hello Abel darling), I shouldn't expect them to change their minds for such thing as a pandemic.

• paws up 1

Just now, Gypsy Guy Holland said:

I mean we already know the whole show is rigged anyways. Abel was the final nail in the coffin for me the Scammys don’t even hold any value anymore imo. These actions aren’t surprising in the slightest I’m not sure why they keep digging their own grave deeper and deeper. :katy_pie:

If You Say So Shrug GIF

Exactly. And the answer to why they keep digging their own grave is 'cause they still haven't had any financial consequence; from the moment they start losing money, and that includes viewers and submissions from artists, they might wake up... but I just don't see it happening, at all, unfortunately.

• paws up 2

• BenG changed the title to All things GRAMMYs: Postponed to March 14
  • 1 month later...
  • BenG changed the title to All things GRAMMYs: Ceremony on March 14
  • BenG changed the title to All things GRAMMYs: Ceremony tomorrow. See you soon!
  • BenG changed the title to All things GRAMMYs 2021: Ceremony tomorrow
Moderator 3,690

Yeah, I'll be sleeping during the ceremony, I have to go to the military's medical check up on Monday and the Grammy's are during night time for me. 

Pop-a-911-ster 39,258
5 hours ago, admin said:

I can’t watch tomorrow. Is anyone watching live?

I will not be watching the SCAMMYs this year after what they did to Abel :ohyes: plus I have no interest in like any of the nominees LOL 

Popster for Sale 41,787
1 hour ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

I will not be watching the SCAMMYs this year after what they did to Abel :ohyes: plus I have no interest in like any of the nominees LOL 

Traumatica and ROM: crying.gifcrying.gif