All things GRAMMYs 2021: Ratings tanked hard

Awards & events pinned featured

BenG

Popster to Popster 4,420

This is Gaga's 4th consecutive year getting multiple nominations! Congrats Gaga! '18 she got two noms, '19 she got 5, '20 she got three and '21 she has two!

She also had a 4 year run in 2008 - 2012, 

Edited by WildAmerican
  • paws up 1

Popster This Way 646

Justin getting 5 and The Weeknd 0 shows how good these nominations are.

As for Gaga, I expected at least Record of the Year for ROM, and maybe Stupid Love for best pop solo (Yummy got nominated, so SL was extremely possible). But considering she paid dust to this era, this is what she deserves.

Edited by GuiLM

47 minutes ago, beng said:

I knew it would only be Pop Vocal Album and Pop/Duo performance. The last few months had me already losing hope for a AOTY/ROTY/SOTY nomination. I'm happy at least something from Gaga got nominated though.

Some of these nominees though... 

• Beyoncé for ROTY/SOTY? Hello, ever heard of Blinding Lights. THE smash of the year and a fantastic song.
  • Yummy for Pop Solo? Um... once again Blinding Lights was right there
  • Coldplay for AOTY? Coldplay had new music out? And what about Fine Line or Chromatica or After Hours or Wildcard?
  • If The World Was Ending for SOTY? Bish, the song is cute but definitely no SOTY material. Makes as much sense as nominating ARUTW. What about Adore You?
  • Changes for Best Pop Vocal? You could as well nominate Britney Spears or Jojo Siwa then... Couldn't you have nominated Jessie Ware's album. That one at least got a great critical reception.
  • No Blinding Lights for ROTY, SOTY or Best Pop Solo? A bigger blasphemy than the Alejandro music video...
Edited by Spinning Bottles
  • paws up 1

Popstanne 7,712
1 minute ago, beng said:

Not Brooklyn Nights :katy_pie:

• BenG changed the title to GRAMMYs 2021: 2 noms for L. Gaga. Surprised?
Moderator 3,690

Okay aftes the ME!ss that this was here are a few thoughts:

The biggest snub was clearly the Weeknd with 0. Honestly give all Bieber's noms to him for some semblance of justice.

Beyonce leading the nominations is a choice, it seems that they are still trying to make right self-titled snub. I would remove Black Parade from ROTY definitely as Cardigan nor ROM made it in there (also could remove from SOTY, but this is not as outrageous as SOTY should be about songcraft and tastes differ eh). Her nominations for Savage are kind of fair game.

Rina Sawayama should have been represented in the BNA.

The fact that Fiona Apple did not get into AOTY while Coldplay and other got in is a Hate Crime.

Some positives: Rock performance has all female vocalists!

The way Taylor and Dua got some surprising noms (Dua  - best group and Taylor - Best Song for Visual Media and maybe even Pop Duo) shows me that they will probably be the ones to split pop awards and even maybe GF ones. 

I am happy that Poppy got into Best Metal. 

Also I am happy for Phoebe Bridgers as her album truly is phenomenal so I hope she will pick up at least one award. 

Honestly I am kind of okay with Gaga's noms, honestly the 2 "snubs" could be considered ROTY and Music Video, but honestly I never felt that Music Video was hers so I am not surprised about that. ROTY I would replace Colors or Black Parade with ROM or Cardigan but eh, Chromatica is not the era for Grammy domination. 

Edited by Joesuda
  • thanks 1

I'm putting all my eggs in the basket for Future Nostalgia. Sorry, but Chromatica only getting 2, barely 2 nominations and one is just for ROM leads me to believe that she won't be scoring wins this era. It feels like Born This Way all over again but hey we're here and it could always be worse. Hell The Weeknd got 0.

1 minute ago, Mister G said:

I'm putting all my eggs in the basket for Future Nostalgia. Sorry, but Chromatica only getting 2, barely 2 nominations and one is just for ROM leads me to believe that she won't be scoring wins this era. It feels like Born This Way all over again but hey we're here and it could always be worse. Hell The Weeknd got 0. Also a little confused as to how 911 didn't even get a nomination for visual media. That masterpiece was better than Stupid Love and Rain On Me combined.

Edited by Mister G

Pop-a-911-ster 39,345

Abel's Submissions

After Hours: • Album of the Year • Best Progressive R&B Album • Best Engineered Album

Blinding Lights: • Record of the Year • Song of the Year • Best Pop Solo Performance • Best Music Video

Heartless: • Best R&B Song • Best R&B Performance

In Your Eyes (feat. Doja Cat): • Best Pop Duo/Group Performance

Smile: • Best Melodic Rap Performance

Over Now: • Best Pop Duo/Group Performance

Nominations: 0

• thanks 1

Gaming Leader 8,440
1 minute ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Abel's Submissions

After Hours: • Album of the Year • Best Progressive R&B Album • Best Engineered Album

Blinding Lights: • Record of the Year • Song of the Year • Best Pop Solo Performance • Best Music Video

Source ?

If they skipped him, this is outrageous.

RIP Angel 1,992
10 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Abel's Submissions

OMG so he did submit. That makes it so much worse.

Moderator 3,690
2 minutes ago, Lorde Von Kok said:

Not him complaining, muffy you should have gotten 0 noms. Literally it is time that Scooter Braun is removed from business. 

Pop-a-911-ster 39,345

Okay here are my final thoughts and then I'm done talking about the GRAMMYs becuase they made me so upset:

- The Weeknd - TOTALLY Snubbed, not okay. Not even a single nomination.

- Gaga - TBH looking at the noms I still think Gaga and Chromatica deserved 1-2 GF nominations and potentially a MV nomination, why did Adore You get a MV nomination but Harry can't get anything in the GF?

- Harry - Another snub, pop noms but NOTHING in the general field...why do the GRAMMYs hate him so much?

- Justin - 5 nominations lol what a joke, you had great options to put in for Pop Solo like Selena's LYTLM and instead we get sh!t like Yummy? Also for Pop Vocal we got Changes....like what......

- Fiona Apple - Best reviwed album of the damn year and it got shut out from the GF lol okay

- Maren Morris/Gabby Barrett - One of the biggest country songs of the damn year and both these woman held out of the GF, nothing for The Bones and Gabby's "I Hope" which is currently Top 5 in america got nothing lol, Gabby couldn't even get a BNA nom while Noah f-in' Cyrus could.....

- Beyonce - I love Black Parade but she/it does not deserve all the love it got. Clearly the GRAMMYs had an agenda there.

- Dua/Taylor - Deserved nominations for the most part!!!! :) 

- Roddy Ricch - Totally deserved Best Rap Album nom but whatever, he got a lot of other nominations.

im probably missing some things I wanted to say but this is the majority/bulk of it. 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

• BenG changed the title to GRAMMYs 2021: Noms - Bey (9), Tay & Dua (6), Gaga (2)
Popstanne 5,076

I'm not even upset about Gaga getting only two noms. 

The Weeknd getting nothing is egregious and speaks to the racism of the voting committees––according to that article someone posted on another thread, the speculation is that his album wasn't considered "R&B enough" for the R&B categories,  but also not "Pop enough" for the pop categories? :awkney: The Grammys really f*cked up here. 

I also can't believe that Fiona wasn't nominated in any of the major categories, and that Rina didn't at least get a nomination for best new artist. 

• paws up 4